IGNORED

Nige pre-Huddersfield interview

Daniro

27 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Listening to that, I reckon something MAY happen, he doesn't usually speculate about anything, but to hear him mention .....one perm. one loan,sounds interesting , we'll see .

Yes and I wouldn’t rule out a big outgoing unfortunately.

• Like 1

Its obvious NP finds ' modern' football and how it's run a complete farce and ball ache.

He could answer the questions differently...but he chooses to show his real feelings about how football is run now.

He knows exactly what's going on...down to who's available, fitness, agent contacts, interest in players, and a plan in place if we sell, and who we can bring in.

He just doesn't want to play the game. He sees it as a pantomime. The transfer window, last day transfers, the press and media living it...making a drama. He knows it's bollox...and can't be arsed to play the game for the media. However...behind closed doors he has too...otherwise you can't run a club...it's just how it is.

When he says he's not a physio re Semenyo...it's bollox...of course he knows. When he calls out the media as getting excited about late transfers in the window...he sees the pantomime...however...don't say fans love it, there are plenty like him who hate it. You get to a similar age and you see the bullshit.

He loves the way Bakes plays...we all do...but let's face it, It's probably best Bakes retires regardless of injury. I love how Bakes plays...but he'd be sent off most games now. It's gone soft.

NP is like many of us. He's got a love hate relationship with football. 

So much of it is bollox...but to still be involved you have to put up with it.

Transfer deadline day...all the young ens sat up with pizzas Walking themselves silly over late deals...it's the equivalent of love island...whilst NP like many is rolling his eyes at the bullshit....but sadly behind closed doors having to work with it and comply. How frustrating...

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

I'm sorry, but can't the club afford even a tripod/mic stand?  To me it looks a tad amateurish to have a disembodied arm waving in front of the manager (sort of thing we'd take the piss out of certain other clubs for !

Sounds the sort of criticism that's usually levelled at FBC Podcast !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

To be fair, the frosty opening is in response to a bunch of questions about Baker that he's got neither the standing nor information to answer.

Conway's is fun as well. Biggest takeaway? That the senior players still make the young lads take part in credit card roulette for meals out. Outrageous behaviour from the monied lads.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be fair, the frosty opening is in response to a bunch of questions about Baker that he's got neither the standing nor information to answer.

Conway's is fun as well. Biggest takeaway? That the senior players still make the young lads take part in credit card roulette for meals out. Outrageous behaviour from the monied lads.

Blimey, he speaks so well for a 20 year old!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Daniro said:

Starts off with his normal gruff manner but lightens up towards the end and says some interesting things: about Klose and how he trusts him;  about the emerging coaching role for King, and how he MIGHT  (in the unlikely event of any transfer business this week) have someone in mind for a perm contract and someone else for a loan.     

No BS....just honest opinion, how can you not warm to NP?  Transfer window is just nonsense PERPETRATED by agents and TV......that is it in a nutshell!.  The more i listen to NP, the more i like him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

When NP says that we will honour Baker’s contract, do we think his wages will be paid directly from the club or via an insurance policy?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, Simon79 said:

At a guess & it’s only a guess. I would imagine that insurance would be paid, but any loss to him would be made up by City. Certainly would seem fair to me. COYR 

I’m by no way stating facts but stuff I’ve read, conversations I’ve had, my understanding is this:

- City are unlikely to have insurance for this situation (usually only taken out to cover players who might be involved in things like Euros, WC, where player is playing for someone else).  Not to be confused with the club having a life insurance policy.

- Baker will’ve been urged to take out his own insurance in case something like this happens (believe PFA offer a plan)

- City are duty bound to continue paying him until the end of his contract

- as per @chinapigminimum term payable is 12 months.  I’ve no idea when this will’ve commenced

- there appears to be nothing we can do about those wages for FFP.  If we were in Lg1/2, then we could discount his wages from our cost / income ration.  But we aren’t!

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

All the media really wanted was NP to say, "Bakes was a great servant to the club and we'll really miss him. He was a top defender at this level and it's little wonder the fans loved him so much."

It's not hard Nige! ?

Obvs he was right to evade talking about medical detail, but he hates giving easy soundbites which is why his interviews are amusing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Listening to that, I reckon something MAY happen, he doesn't usually speculate about anything, but to hear him mention .....one perm. one loan,sounds interesting , we'll see .

Only if someone leaves as I understood it.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Its obvious NP finds ' modern' football and how it's run a complete farce and ball ache.

He could answer the questions differently...but he chooses to show his real feelings about how football is run now.

He knows exactly what's going on...down to who's available, fitness, agent contacts, interest in players, and a plan in place if we sell, and who we can bring in.

He just doesn't want to play the game. He sees it as a pantomime. The transfer window, last day transfers, the press and media living it...making a drama. He knows it's bollox...and can't be arsed to play the game for the media. However...behind closed doors he has too...otherwise you can't run a club...it's just how it is.

When he says he's not a physio re Semenyo...it's bollox...of course he knows. When he calls out the media as getting excited about late transfers in the window...he sees the pantomime...however...don't say fans love it, there are plenty like him who hate it. You get to a similar age and you see the bullshit.

He loves the way Bakes plays...we all do...but let's face it, It's probably best Bakes retires regardless of injury. I love how Bakes plays...but he'd be sent off most games now. It's gone soft.

Transfer deadline day...all the young ens sat up with pizzas Walking themselves silly over late deals...it's the equivalent of love island...whilst NP like many is rolling his eyes at the bullshit....but sadly behind closed doors having to work with it and comply. How frustrating...

Bakes would be sent off most weeks as the games gone soft? He was literally playing 9 months ago, has it changed that much in 9 months? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Excellent assessment..........But Is that   definitely,  "Walking themselves silly"?

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Packman said:

Bakes would be sent off most weeks as the games gone soft? He was literally playing 9 months ago, has it changed that much in 9 months? 

Have you watched the videos showing ' the best of Bakes' doing the rounds?

I loved the way he played... however...sliding, taking ball and player...you may as well retire these days.

Loved watching him. But yes...the game has gone soft.

No one wants head injuries...and this will be controversial...however football involves heading footballs and head collisions. And sadly Bakes has had to retire due to concussions. Numerous collisions. 

Certain people...who I don't know...but they get media attention want to stop heading in football.

Yet...Millions of pounds are spent following boxing and other contact sports, where the aim is to hit the other person as hard as possible in the head, numerous times and knock them out ????

Wtf...the world is so hypocritical...it's nuts. ?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

The trouble is that is the way the game is these days and to be successful you have to along with it.  Pearson may not like it (and as you say, many of us would agree with him) but he has to operate within the way the game is now.  It’s very noble of him to stand up and be counted, but he has to play the game the way it is, I’m afraid.

Coppell fell out of love with the game too and walked.  That didn’t do us many favours…

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spudski said:

What is the aversion of using proper punctuation? You know, commas and full stops, as opposed to ellipsis. 

• Like 1