IGNORED

Alex Scott

JBFC II

Think our first goal they had us pinned in the corner and he ball rolled it dropped his shoulder and got us out. It was so simple but affective and looked so easy. You see him do things easily 4-5 times a game that you are not sure anyone else on the pitch can do. He might be the best teenager I have seen at this level(maybe biased). Up there with Tammy and Neves. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Bet Southampton are pleased

Imagine if we binned a teenager from our Academy and he emerged not much later as good as Scott !

Why confused @MarcusX ?

He was at Southamptons Academy and someone decided he wasn’t good enough - not convinced he’s suddenly acquired his technical ability , football brain since then , back in Guernsey

As Southampton you’d be gutted

38 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Realise its almost getting boring praising him but my God what a player. 

Ran the show today, best teenager in the football league right now? His potential is huge and its a joy to be able to watch him in a City shirt, sublime player

Possibly one of the best performances I’ve seen from a City player. I can’t remember many better than that from an individual in our shirt…

Unreal talent.

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s not cross-competition then? I suppose that`s to stop players purposely getting a fifth just before a cup game?

Yes that was the reason the yellow card accumulation rules were changed.

Red cards go cross comp, so ban is served next game whatever comp it is.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I hope, that when Scott moves on we do ‘something’ as a recognition / gesture of thanks to the set up in Guernsey

Some investment in facilities , youth football etc  

A small piece of any fee would be a great gesture , and the right one IMHO

Im sure SL would approve

I could be wrong but I think SL has been putting funds into Guernsey football…

8 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Agreed thought he has been below par (for his standard) in the majority of games this season. He was back to his best today.

Just got to expect that at his age he’s going to have dips and periods where he does not contribute.

I totally trust Nige’s ability to man-manage and support when it doesn’t go that well.

This could be a driver for him not desperately looking to leave, in that his football education is being well served by this current environment.

11 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I hope, that when Scott moves on we do ‘something’ as a recognition / gesture of thanks to the set up in Guernsey

Some investment in facilities , youth football etc  

A small piece of any fee would be a great gesture , and the right one IMHO

Im sure SL would approve

Yes, RB interview a bit troubling............."I shall be here till January  (er....at least) "

32 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

He has now picked up 4 yellow cards.

I actually love that side of his game. He's a teenager in a tough physical league and he puts himself about and doesn't care about reputations.

He may miss a few games due to suspension, but for me it makes him what he is. He'll play in The Prem for sure and has a great career ahead of him.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Why confused @MarcusX ?

He was at Southamptons Academy and someone decided he wasn’t good enough - not convinced he’s suddenly acquired his technical ability , football brain since then , back in Guernsey

As Southampton you’d be gutted

Sorry removed it, I didn’t know he came from there and couldn’t work out what you were trying to say

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, RB interview a bit troubling............."I shall be here till January  (er....at least) "

If they continue as they are going , especially if we as a side are going well , the interest in them is going to become more intense month by month , certain clubs will be watching them game by game

i think our resolve will be severely tested in January for Scott n Semenyo ,and it will be hard to keep them happy and focused however ‘good lads’ they are 

Even Conway will be of real interest & watch  right now