IGNORED

Alex Scott

JBFC II

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

That's huge isn't it? The encouragement to stay is massive, it's putting him so far ahead of many of his contemporaries at international level.

Most impressive is that in those 49 games he's played 3,531* minutes. That's an average of 72 minutes per game. All but 5 have been starts as well. So it's not like a lot of youngsters getting 10 mins at the end of games that bolster the headline appearances number.

Seriously experienced compared to most of his peers.

*according to transfermarkt

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's huge isn't it? The encouragement to stay is massive, it's putting him so far ahead of many of his contemporaries at international level.

Don't turn around, but with AS (Scott) and AS (Semenyo) continuing to increase their transfer value, do we refer to them as ASWAD? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

So if... errr, sorry WHEN, Alex Scott stays at City for his whole career, he could well be on course to make more City appearances than Louis Carey. JOHN ATYEO.

I look forward to his double testimonial...

How many "appearances" were a couple of minutes in length contributed to Carey's total? Especially the one that allegedly took him beyond Atyeo. Two minutes at most!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You sound as annoyed about that as I am, for I remain most certainly annoyed, even after so many years.

A contrived appearance record which I don't recognise at all.

I can't see anyone ever beating Atyeos record - legitimately

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

I can't see anyone ever beating Atyeos record - legitimately

Of course it was contrived, and that is what still rankles.

I know memory plays tricks, but I am pretty convinced the late, great John Atyeo’s appearances were all as a starter: he may have been subbed on occasion (there was only one sub allowed back in those days, there may even have been none when he started - before my time), but I don’t recall him ever starting as a sub and coming on for the last two minutes.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mozo said:

So if... errr, sorry WHEN, Alex Scott stays at City for his whole career, he could well be on course to make more City appearances than Louis Carey. 

I look forward to his double testimonial...

If you're taking all completions then he's already on 55 for us.

I guess if he stayed with us for his whole carrer, let's say he retires at 34. Stays relatively injury free, and so averages say 42 games a season (let's assume he drives us to promotion and then Europe pretty soon and so we play 8 fewer league games, but gain a few European cup gamed, let's also assume he misses a few games here and there for injury and rotation etc).

He turned 19 this season, so retiring at 34 gives him the rest of this season - a further 34 appearances based on the average of 42 - plus 15 further seasons to give his final match presumably being the Champions League final in 2038.

At 42 games a season, plus the further 34 I'm estimating this season, and the 55 he already has, we get an estimated total of:

55 + 34 + (15*42) = 719 appearances.

Would smash the records of both Atyeo and Carey. He could probably have a season out injured and still break the record if he stayed for so long.

Shall we just commission the statue now to save time?

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know memory plays tricks, but I am pretty convinced the late, great John Atyeo’s appearances were all as a starter: he may have been subbed on occasion (there was only one sub allowed back in those days, there may even have been none when he started - before my time), but I don’t recall him ever starting as a sub and coming on for the last two minutes.

I believe subs were introduced in 1965 the season Big John retired and I don't think he was involved in any substitutions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If you're taking all completions then he's already on 55 for us.

I guess if he stayed with us for his whole carrer, let's say he retires at 34. Stays relatively injury free, and so averages say 42 games a season (let's assume he drives us to promotion and then Europe pretty soon and so we play 8 fewer leagues games, but gain a few cup, let's also assume he misses a few games here and there for injury and rotation etc).

He turned 19 this season, so retiring at 34 gives him the rest of this season - a further 34 appearances based on the average of 42 - plus 15 further seasons to give his final match presumably being the Champions League final in 2038.

At 42 games a season, plus the further 34 I'm estimating this season, and the 55 he already has, we get an estimated total of:

55 + 34 + (15*42) = 719 appearances.

Would smash the records of both Atyeo and Carey. He could probably have a season out injured and still break the record if he stayed for so long.

Shall we just commission the statue now to save time?

If I was Alex's agent:

"Uh, yes Alex that was Barcelona on the phone but it's not you they want to sign it's uh my other client Bas Savage... Looks like another season at City for you..."

• Haha 3

Just now, mozo said:

If I was Alex's agent:

"Uh, yes Alex that was Barcelona on the phone but it's not you they want to sign it's uh my other client Bas Savage... Looks like another season at City for you..."

If he played another 21 seasons rather than the 15 I estimated, then you're looking at him beating Giggs' record for games played for a single team (Europe). That is 963 (see court records for verification). Would mean Scott playing until he's 40 though.

38 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You sound as annoyed about that as I am, for I remain most certainly annoyed, even after so many years.

31 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Had he not left for the temporarily bright lights of Coventry he wouldn't have had to bother with that extra year or whatever it was. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If he played another 21 seasons rather than the 15 I estimated, then you're looking at him beating Giggs' record for games played for a single team (Europe). That is 963 (see court records for verification). Would mean Scott playing until he's 40 though.

Get him on a yoga programme now and he'll play til 45 ?

31 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think the improvements in sports science you could see a lot more players playing until their late 30’s if they stay serious injury free, you need to adapt your game potentially but possible if you have the desire to keep going 

10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I think the improvements in sports science you could see a lot more players playing until their late 30’s if they stay serious injury free, you need to adapt your game potentially but possible if you have the desire to keep going 

Judging by some of the transfer fees paid for players that are 29+ it certainly seems that the coaches think so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

No subs in his time.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

How many "appearances" were a couple of minutes in length contributed to Carey's total? Especially the one that allegedly took him beyond Atyeo. Two minutes at most!

Your delusional if you think that he will be here longer than one more season and that last season will have to be a Premier League season otherwise he’s off in January or the summer

• Confused 1

On 03/09/2022 at 19:48, Sheltons Army said:

I hope, that when Scott moves on we do ‘something’ as a recognition / gesture of thanks to the set up in Guernsey

Some investment in facilities , youth football etc  

A small piece of any fee would be a great gesture , and the right one IMHO

Im sure SL would approve

Maybe retire his shirt number?

• Haha 1