IGNORED

Alex Scott

JBFC II

11 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Why confused @MarcusX ?

He was at Southamptons Academy and someone decided he wasn’t good enough - not convinced he’s suddenly acquired his technical ability , football brain since then , back in Guernsey

As Southampton you’d be gutted

I was confused too. 
I know now

• Robin 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Do we think he might get moved up an age group at international level this time around?

Possible.

Midfielders in U21 squad (assume you mean that level) last time were:

Curtis Jones (I think he’s been injured)

Morgan Gibbs-White (now overage?)

James Garner

Jacob Ramsey

Tommy Doyle

Harvey Elliott

James McAtee

He’s playing at the same level as Doyle/McAtee and has played more games. The fact they’re Man City loanees probably gives them an advantage, but I’d say he’s in with a shot

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maxjak said:

Why are certain posters obsessed with Scott  and Semenyo  leaving?.  And to which clubs, and for how much?   Let's be honest ,there is nobody on here that has the slightest idea?  Lets just enjoy watching them play for our club...and fate will dictate what happens to their careers?  I  find the whole fixation as boring  As ****!

I find all the "enjoy him whilst he's here" stuff you tend to get on these two players rather small time. 

Luckily the club don't share that mentality right now otherwise we'd have lost both in the summer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Do we think he might get moved up an age group at international level this time around?

He still qualifies for the U19s but I'd guess they'd move him up to U20s if he's still in the international set up.

At some point he'd have to move to the Premier League to go beyond that imo.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He still qualifies for the U19s but I'd guess they'd move him up to U20s if he's still in the international set up.

At some point he'd have to move to the Premier League to go beyond that imo.

I haven't followed it that closely as regards to where players play at club level recently, but there was a time when U21s almost all seemed to come from the Championship. Was Brennan Johnson playing U21s last season? Tomori? If so I don't think it's a barrier, Southgate has been quoted saying he would even pick senior team players from the Championship if he thought they were good enough 

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I haven't followed it that closely as regards to where players play at club level recently, but there was a time when U21s almost all seemed to come from the Championship. Was Brennan Johnson playing U21s last season? Tomori? If so I don't think it's a barrier, Southgate has been quoted saying he would even pick senior team players from the Championship if he thought they were good enough 

I don't believe for a second that he would do that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ridiculously impressive for a 19 year old. It's not like he's doing this in League two or one, he's dictating the play and changing the momentum and transitions etc in the championship. Will be very proud to watch him in the premier League one day.

On another note, Weimanns running looks like he's in an action film; like his life depends on it!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Johnson played for Wales in their Wc qualifying play off

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Who was the last player to have a run of games for England while playing in the second tier? Steve Bull perhaps. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They need to do this for the second goal as well. And they can start that from the point Alex Scott got in a couple of defensive blocks in the box pushing Blackburn out and then using his silky skills to evade a tackle and play an excellent ball to Weinmann who then played a perfect ball into Nahki Wells's path, who still had work to do ...

12 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They need to do this for the second goal as well. And they can start that from the point Alex Scott got in a couple of defensive blocks in the box pushing Blackburn out and then using his silky skills to evade a tackle and play an excellent ball to Weinmann who then played a perfect ball into Nahki Wells's path, who still had work to do ...

I’m sure tomorrows redzone will have it nicely covered!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Realise its almost getting boring praising him but my God what a player. 

Ran the show today, best teenager in the football league right now? His potential is huge and its a joy to be able to watch him in a City shirt, sublime player

Started all three goals. This kid and his mate are going to be super stars!

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Who was the last player to have a run of games for England while playing in the second tier? Steve Bull perhaps. 

I think for a proper run you're right. I think (oddly) Michael Gray played three in a row for England during Sunderland's promotions season, back when Keegan was England manager, although some may have been as substitute. 

42 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

I think for a proper run you're right. I think (oddly) Michael Gray played three in a row for England during Sunderland's promotions season, back when Keegan was England manager, although some may have been as substitute. 

I could be wrong but I think Peter Taylor got a few games when Palace(?) were in Division 2.

22 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ahh did wonder ??
Yes , he travelled to and fro to Southamptons Academy from Guernsey , for x evenings a week , and weeks and weeks in summer holidays , for a few years IIRC (Think he left ‘around 15 IIRC )

Of course we don’t know what he was like or how he looked at that time but I’d be amazed if looking at him now , that he didn’t show , or at least show signs of his attributes at that point

(I know you play / played at decent level) - are you surprised

If he was suitable for release , the transformation would have been remarkable in the interim period 

(Don’t get me wrong , Guernsey clearly have a decent little set up and our coaches will have helped,)

This isn’t a lad who they released who goes onto make a career in L2/1 or even the Championship but one who we can all see looks destined to be a very good Premier League player , possibly a real star , and possibly one with International future

I know many a player released from Southampton, often for being too small that have gone on to be decent, Tyrone Mings for one

• Thanks 1

On 03/09/2022 at 19:20, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wonder is the pressure now off for him now the window`s closed? He`s been a bit out of sorts the last couple of games and perhaps he was afraid he would be sold (even though he`s said he doesn`t want to be) if a ridiculous offer that the club couldn`t turn down came in.

I thought the same. I don't think he wanted to go this season but as you say was worried he could be sold anyway. They were talking about him in glowing terms on the EFL show last night so the pressure is still there but at least there is some breathing space until January.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I thought the same. I don't think he wanted to go this season but as you say was worried he could be sold anyway. They were talking about him in glowing terms on the EFL show last night so the pressure is still there but at least there is some breathing space until January.

I'm going to bang on about this - again - Scott's contributions for our first two goals yesterday were superb.

Brave, mature and classy. He typifies everything about our successful transformation this season.

In three words.

Always. Going. Forward.

Edited by Curr Avon

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I'm going to bang on about this - again - Scott's contributions for our first two goals yesterday were superb.

Brave, mature and classy. He reflects everything about our successful transformation this season.

In three words.

Always. Going. Forward.

Second goal…Atkinson’s header, Wells’s flick, Conway touch and pass, Scott’s pass, Weimann’s pass, Wells’s finish. Nice!

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Second goal…Atkinson’s header, Wells’s flick, Conway touch and pass, Scott’s pass, Weimann’s pass, Wells’s finish. Nice!

Scott also made a headed clearance in the first phase (hell, I'm getting the hang of this). In the second phase Scott and Conway walked their way out of troubl, then came the showstopper, Weimann took AS's pass tight on the right touchline over halfway, before turning inside and making a beautiful crossfield pass to Nahki for the coup de grace. Sublime.

PS Apologies, didn't read your message properly before writing this.

Edited by Curr Avon