IGNORED

Alex Scott

JBFC II

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

If they continue as they are going , especially if we as a side are going well , the interest in them is going to become more intense month by month , certain clubs will be watching them game by game

i think our resolve will be severely tested in January for Scott n Semenyo ,and it will be hard to keep them happy and focused however ‘good lads’ they are 

Even Conway will be of real interest & watch  right now 

I think we'd have to hope we could do something like what Fulham and Liverpool did with Carvalho. Agree a fee, agree exclusivity, but we get his services until June 2023.

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Sorry removed it, I didn’t know he came from there and couldn’t work out what you were trying to say

Ahh did wonder ??
Yes , he travelled to and fro to Southamptons Academy from Guernsey , for x evenings a week , and weeks and weeks in summer holidays , for a few years IIRC (Think he left ‘around 15 IIRC )

Of course we don’t know what he was like or how he looked at that time but I’d be amazed if looking at him now , that he didn’t show , or at least show signs of his attributes at that point

(I know you play / played at decent level) - are you surprised

If he was suitable for release , the transformation would have been remarkable in the interim period 

(Don’t get me wrong , Guernsey clearly have a decent little set up and our coaches will have helped,)

This isn’t a lad who they released who goes onto make a career in L2/1 or even the Championship but one who we can all see looks destined to be a very good Premier League player , possibly a real star , and possibly one with International future

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wonder is the pressure now off for him now the window`s closed? He`s been a bit out of sorts the last couple of games and perhaps he was afraid he would be sold (even though he`s said he doesn`t want to be) if a ridiculous offer that the club couldn`t turn down came in.

Just think it’s a case of today he was played in his best position 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think we'd have to hope we could do something like what Fulham and Liverpool did with Carvalho. Agree a fee, agree exclusivity, but we get his services until June 2023.

A scramble / bidding war would be great for us but you do get the feel , and there are wisps if smoke ,

that it will be

Semenyo to Palace ,

Scott to Spurs 

You wonder whether talks , discussions will have started and will be an ongoing process to an eventual time / fee / conclusion

6 minutes ago, Henry said:

Unless his leg is hanging off, he needs to start every game in the centre of midfield.

The kid has it all and is going right to the very top.

Couldn't agreement  when he broke into the side inching everyone assume he would play across the front line as a 10 or a winger but he is an all action central midfield player no doubt about it. My prediction is Spurs take him in January if he carries on performing but it will be for big money given his age and contract length, what a stroke of genius that was too getting him locked down for 4 years!

21 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, RB interview a bit troubling............."I shall be here till January  (er....at least) "

He was referencing ‘the lads that stayed here’ rather than just himself.  He obviously doesn’t know what the future holds for the others so wouldn’t take it that he necessarily wants to leave in January 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 189thoughts said:

I really like the combo of him and James. Feel they really compliment each other.

That being said he made everyone around him a better player today; Sykes, Vyner etc.

In his post match interview Scott was saying that “Jamo” talks to him a lot (and Kingy). I imagine today James was in his ear coaching him and I agree with what you’re saying it’s a good combo and arguably a key part of his development. 

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

A scramble / bidding war would be great for us but you do get the feel , and there are wisps if smoke ,

that it will be

Semenyo to Palace ,

Scott to Spurs 

You wonder whether talks , discussions will have started and will be an ongoing process to an eventual time / fee / conclusion

Why are certain posters obsessed with Scott  and Semenyo  leaving?.  And to which clubs, and for how much?   Let's be honest ,there is nobody on here that has the slightest idea?  Lets just enjoy watching them play for our club...and fate will dictate what happens to their careers?  I  find the whole fixation as boring  As ****!

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

that it will be

Semenyo to Palace ,

Scott to Spurs 

Oh conversations are happening. Undoubtedly. Scott does feel like a Spurs signing...is he a Conte signing? I'd be worried, I feel like Spurs have been a bit of a graveyard for young talent. Rodon springs to mind, Sessegnon is playing a bit now but has he really done what he'd have hoped?

Anyway, for us, this season, so long as we loan back or just agree for the summer, we should be ok. 

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Why are certain posters obsessed with Scott  and Semenyo  leaving?.  And to which clubs, and for how much?   Let's be honest ,there is nobody on here that has the slightest idea?  Lets just enjoy watching them play for our club...and fate will dictate what happens to their careers?  I  find the whole fixation as boring  As ****!

But you commented on it

Their eventual destination , timing and fees involved are of course all irrelevant to us as a club

If you find it boring , irrelevant to us , or our club , or a reasonable topic for DISCUSSION 

Maybe just ignore it 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, redsince1994 said:

Was exceptional today. Single handedly beat their press a number of times, inc some fantastic footwork for our first.

Was also impressed by how many times he won the ball back with a range of tackling. Don't think a season being played at RWB has hurt his long term prospects in that regard!

Seriously exciting player

Said alot when I think the Blackburn forum commented themes along the lines of being reality-checked with regards to Adam Wharton's ability by Scott today.

It's ironic as usually its Massengo oppositons fans don't shut up about. Good position for us to be in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I think it's namely where there are some who do not want a repeat of the MA/LJ wastage, Under any circumstances, where possible. Concern-driven.

54 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

But you commented on it

Their eventual destination , timing and fees involved are of course all irrelevant to us as a club

If you find it boring , irrelevant to us , or our club , or a reasonable topic for DISCUSSION 

Maybe just ignore it 

Sad  ?

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Sorry removed it, I didn’t know he came from there and couldn’t work out what you were trying to say

for info, they rejected Tommy Backwell and Ben Acey too.  We’re all there together.  There’s a photo somewhere of Tommy and Alex playing against Bristol City!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Why confused @MarcusX ?

He was at Southamptons Academy and someone decided he wasn’t good enough - not convinced he’s suddenly acquired his technical ability , football brain since then , back in Guernsey

As Southampton you’d be gutted

Southampton have poached plenty of players we could’ve/should’ve picked up over the years. It’s about time we turned the tables on them. We need to compete with them at youth level. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

for info, they rejected Tommy Backwell and Ben Acey too.  We’re all there together.  There’s a photo somewhere of Tommy and Alex playing against Bristol City!!!

I think Scott was at Bournemouth as well, but no idea of the time lines.

I really like Backwell, think he'll be next off the conveyor given a bit of time.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Oh conversations are happening. Undoubtedly. Scott does feel like a Spurs signing...is he a Conte signing? I'd be worried, I feel like Spurs have been a bit of a graveyard for young talent. Rodon springs to mind, Sessegnon is playing a bit now but has he really done what he'd have hoped?

Anyway, for us, this season, so long as we loan back or just agree for the summer, we should be ok. 

Conte invariably wants ready made players. Scott would be what he likes to call a project for the club ie someone he doesn't want.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Best youth player we had in decades . We need promotion this year . Let’s get behind them all and do it . We can do it . 

I agree and im not getting carried away, I’m balanced with city. We need a lot of luck with injuries to key players because our squad is so thin . We do though have imo such a balance & excitement up top . Plus 3-4 players in Scott, semenyo, wiemann & Tommy that can be unplayable on any given day. 
Tommy & Alex are very intelligent footballers. You can’t teach that. Scott especially , I believe could play top end prem. it’s a big jump from us to the prem & a almighty jump to the top few clubs , but I really believe he’s good enough. Just watching our first goal & his contribution, he’s a kid but running midfield away at Blackburn . Enjoy him . 

43 minutes ago, downendcity said:

The ability to go past players, instant control, ability to pick a pass from anywhere, absolute self confidence and the fact that he's controlling games at 19  reminds me of Gazza.

If I had one criticism of him (it’s more a point than a criticism j it’s that I don’t think he has sustained pace.  Quick in the head and off his first touches to get past players, but I don’t see him able to streak away from his marker.

But another player was the same….Gazza.

And Scott is still developing his physical attributes.

Hes such an intelligent player too.  I’m blessed to be able to watch him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I understand the concern, but if we were still operating under that model then either or both of Scott and Semenyo would have been sold this summer.

The vanity of posting a profit by including the Kelly sale in 18/19’s accounts pisses me off massively, you can bet Ashton’s bonus reflected that.

Had we put it through on June 1st, we wouldn’t be having FFP issues this season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I had one criticism of him (it’s more a point than a criticism j it’s that I don’t think he has sustained pace.  Quick in the head and off his first touches to get past players, but I don’t see him able to streak away from his marker.

But another player was the same….Gazza.

And Scott is still developing his physical attributes.

Hes such an intelligent player too.  I’m blessed to be able to watch him.

With the intelligence is maturity . You really can’t coach what he has . 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, chinapig said:

Conte invariably wants ready made players. Scott would be what he likes to call a project for the club ie someone he doesn't want.

Have just watched the highlights. Scott is key to all 3 goals. Wonderful break out through close control deep in our own half for the first. An incisive, perfectly placed and weighted pass to Wells for the second. And he takes the freekick to deliver the ball for the third.

Honestly if you just watched that 9 minutes I'm not sure you'd say he's a project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1