IGNORED

Foxes Forum -Views on Nigel Pearson

Abraham Romanovich

On 04/09/2022 at 11:20, Sheltons Army said:

He’s like that middle aged , weathered RAC guy who turns up to you as you are marooned on the side of the M5 with steam emerging from somewhere under the bonnet and a very poorly motor, you’re thinking catastrophic 

Stressed , because you absolutely have to get somewhere and babbling your stress in blind panic to him

He gives a slight grin as he opens the side door on his van reaching for some tools , turns to you , chuckles and says with a slight smile

‘Don’t worry mate ............I’ll have you off and running in 20 mins or so’

And you realise......he will

Absolutely this

54 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Hmm...I wonder ... are you sure you can't reinstate that function of the ignore feature which meant that you didn't have to see the resident troll even quoted? 

The fact that he feels able to even comment on what makes a proper manager boggles my mind. 

Btw GJ gave me some of my happiest memories at the city,  loved him and so did his players...Cotts demanded respect and built a formidable maybe l league one team.. DW? flattered to deceive imo...

Opinions are often subjective and GJ gave you the happiest memories of City. For me it was Danny Wilson because. I got that ‘buzz’ on leaving AG having witnessed an attacking  front foot football match.

To me football is about entertainment and DWs teams certainly provided that with Tinnion, Murray, Peacock, Thorpe, Carey et el.

It was the complete opposite under GJ - dull, pedestrian and turgid……..the ‘buzz’ had evaporated. Each to his own I guess…..

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Opinions are often subjective and GJ gave you the happiest memories of City. For me it was Danny Wilson because. I got that ‘buzz’ on leaving AG having witnessed an attacking  front foot football match.

To me football is about entertainment and DWs teams certainly provided that with Tinnion, Murray, Peacock, Thorpe, Carey et el.

It was the complete opposite under GJ - dull, pedestrian and turgid……..the ‘buzz’ had evaporated. Each to his own I guess…..

You didn't get a buzz after the Palace play off matches? The extra time win at home is right up there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveF said:

You didn't get a buzz after the Palace play off matches? The extra time win at home is right up there.

For me it was the satisfaction of that first promotion I experienced as a football fan against Rotherham after being subjected to spending so many years watching division 3 football ! That was a buzz

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I certainly did get that buzz for the pray off leg at AG against Palace - the only time that season. I wasn’t at Selhurst Pk to see Noble score that screamer but saw it live on tv.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Scott Parker has achieved two promotions to the PL and that makes him a proper manager Imo.

He's a very overrated manager, but that's just in my opinion.

Tactically stubborn, Inept read of how to alter a game, no plan B.

Lucked out at two squads who had by far the best resources and some of the best coaching amd playing staff for the tier. We'll see how good he is under the same conditions outside of the PL without Parachute payments.

With a similar squad, so far at least, Silva is doing much better and has them playing much more effective football, and getting more out of Mitrovic as well.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 2

Btw Robbo

i know you are trolling , but

Whilst lauding Wilson RR and his attacking front foot football  , you also appear to have omitted John Ward , whose team played better football than Wilson’s , scored more goals , had a better goal difference .... and got promoted , automatically .....

Yoy and your City recall ehhhhhh

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Btw Robbo

i know you are trolling , but

Whilst lauding Wilson RR and his attacking front foot football  , you also appear to have omitted John Ward , whose team played better football than Wilson’s , scored more goals , had a better goal difference .... and got promoted , automatically .....

Yoy and your City recall ehhhhhh

You're wasting your time, his arguments for DW get shot down on every thread he raises them on. He then "forgets" these points or claims that how he remembers thing are actually more pertinent than facts.

• Like 2

It's Robbored being Robbored but I'll partake a little.

Wilson

Think he had a good record at Barnsley, with good football and bit unlucky in PL. However with us yes, some good and bad things and yeah decent football but ultimately didn't achieve the main objective.

Parker

2 luxurious squads for the level, 2 promotions. Fulham especially it should been achieved with more ease. His PL season with Fulham arguably was a bit of a free hit due to Covid but his was his first real test I believe- he bombed.

Can he turn it round career wise? Course he can, still a pretty young manager but his attitude was all wrong and that surely had an effect on their team etc. 

Johnson

Took over a side in a mess on and off the pitch at the bottom of the 3rd tier and within 2 yesrs or so had us TOP or near the top of the Championship! Winning at sides like Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich, Coventry, Watford by Christmas in our 1st season at that level in the decade, since 1998-99.

Plus two memorable Cup runs in the promotion season, 3-3 followed by win at Coventry and then the 2-2 draws v PREMIER LEAGUE Middlesbrough, including the fantastic Murray goal in the comeback at Ashton Gate.

Forged in adversity too in some ways, what with a bad start to 2006-07 which also included a) Fight on the pitch between Carey and Orr was it, still won at Northampton though didn't we from a goal down and then jailing of a few players in late August 2006. We went from strength to strength following that week.

Possibly had we strengthened more in January 2008 we complete the job thay season , just a shade over 2 years (Feb 2006) thay we were in the relegation zone of League One we were top of the Championship without a huge outlay.

Rode our luck on the road especially but thought we had some pretty good and positive home displays also early season. Sheffield United under the lights was one with Noble behind a striker, PL the prior year. Stoke at home was another good one, as well as other lower key ones in August and September where we certainly weren't overawed. The Palace game at home fantastic.

Cotterill

Again like GJ in some ways. While not the off field issues, also more expansive football and bottom end League 1. Some excellent Cup runs in 2014-15 too, 99 pts and 90 odd goals was it in the League alone, we did the double (for its level).

Should have beaten West Ham in the Cup too, seem to recall some big chances as we dominated the 1st half.

Where I was a bit disappointed in Cotts was I do think he could have been more pragmatic for year 1 circs, especially as wait just a year to try and steady us whatever and there is a major rise in revenue that he should have at his disposal.

Once the redevelopment was complete our revenue, and therefore spending power shot up. He would all things being equal have had the budget of LJ. (Granted would we have had the same huge player sales- all counterfactual).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wasn't aware of just how much Rodgers must have been spending there but Leicester maybe having to dig themselves out of a financial hole...by the way for a mid sized club, top 5 and top 6, European runs, FA Cup and Charity Shield- impressive but...

Saw a report that suggested their pre tax loss in 2021-22 was as much as £119m!? This is a season post Covid with full attendance! ? 

Utterly mad for a side in the top half of the PL, with some European revenue who haven't seemed like huge spenders from the outside..that aspect of the job sounds like something NP would thrive at especially as they don't have bottom of the table players (IMO).

Is this huge loss down to the recently constructed world class training ground? 

12 hours ago, Logical-City said:

He didn’t even leave any legacy signings or youth, played the best cm in the league (Tinnion) on the left wing at every opportunity and held Leroy Lita in the reserves when he could have secured us 2nd place in 03-04 season if played in certain games 1-1 draws at home to relegated clubs that season stand out .

Tins was a left midfielder. 

Him and Bell were immense on that left and we've not had anything better since. 

But Tins legs as a LM clearly went so he was then switched to the CM position. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Danny Wilson.......hmmm.....:laugh:

Nigel Pearson would have most of that squad on the bus

The National Coach to Inverness or Aberystwyth

Wilson might have done part of a job , to a degree, , but that squad should have achieved far more

They had a culture though , unfortunately it was based in the City Centre , and occasionally at Bridewell police Station.

Good Manager ?  .....hmmmmm 

IIRC Wilson refused to move home from Chesterfield to Bristol? And therefore wasn't actually around that much so this gave the players free reign to do as they pleased. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

I certainly did get that buzz for the pray off leg at AG against Palace - the only time that season. I wasn’t at Selhurst Pk to see Noble score that screamer but saw it live on tv.

,........but not as big a buzz as driving a minibus of Rovers fans to Wemberley.:whistle2:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Have I entered the wrong topic ? It says in the title this is about The Foxes Forum  view in Nige. All I can read about is old City managers and nothing to do with the Foxes forum or Nige . Most bizarre. 

Didn't you realise that OTIB stands for  Off Topic In Blink-of-an-eye?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Is this huge loss down to the recently constructed world class training ground? 

Potentially, although that's an 'Addition' to the Balance Sheet. Once constructed it hits the Balance Sheet although the annual Depreciation goes through Profit and Loss and would indeed add to losses but is correctly excluded from FFP.

That's traditional treatment anyway, good point maybe they've somehow included construction costs annually or such in Profit and Loss.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

To me football is about entertainment

No, it's about promotions to the Premier League.... you've got to be consistent. 

It's a shame we you didn't enjoy when we won League One by 99 points, and the cup that season. Weird how instead you enjoyed our team losing to Brighton in the play off final?

• Flames 1

I've read some shite on here, but you are only a proper manager if you take a club up from the Championship must be bang up there at the top? The huge majority of managers in the 4 English Leagues would probably have got Fulham or Bournemouth promoted last season. 

How desperate can one person be to get some attention on here. Then again, how much better are we replying to such nonsense.

• Like 1