IGNORED

Norwich away - general info

Eddie Notgetinya

I’m disappointed but not surprised that the EFL have made it difficult for anybody wanting to see City in action at Carrow Road next week.

I am a season ticket holder at Ashton Gate but I live in Norwich so it’ll be a welcome change to not have to travel for once.

If anybody has any questions around the game (where to go etc) drop them on here and I’ll post the answers.

Lets be ‘avin you! 

• Like 2
  • Robin 5

43 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I’m disappointed but not surprised that the EFL have made it difficult for anybody wanting to see City in action at Carrow Road next week.

I am a season ticket holder at Ashton Gate but I live in Norwich so it’ll be a welcome change to not have to travel for once.

If anybody has any questions around the game (where to go etc) drop them on here and I’ll post the answers.

Lets be ‘avin you! 

Exactly how has the EFL made it difficult to see City in action at Norwich? Somebody has to play there midweek so why not us? Might as well argue AG is impossible to attend midweek given one can't even get a train back to London after the match these days, certainly not with the plethora of subs now permitted should one wish to watch until the final whistle. 

RMT have scuppered any chance to get to Carrow Road by rail, but other public transport is available, as are private vehicles.

Its also on Sky's Red Button.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I'm interested to know what you mean here?

28 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Exactly how has the EFL made it difficult to see City in action at Norwich? Somebody has to play there midweek so why not us? Might as well argue AG is impossible to attend midweek given one can't even get a train back to London after the match these days, certainly not with the plethora of subs now permitted should one wish to watch until the final whistle. 

RMT have scuppered any chance to get to Carrow Road by rail, but other public transport is available, as are private vehicles.

Exactly my thoughts, I will be interested what inside knowledge @Eddie Notgetinya may have here

Of course the EFL could do better

We play five home games and five away games midweek

QPR okay by train

Millwall okay by train

Reading okay by train

Luton are do-able by train 

West brom no return train

Birmingham return by train but a bit tight

Cardiff no problem

Just feed the computer with the info no game of more than a 120 miles for midweek games

Returning fans from Ashton Gate:

no north bound or london bound trains,only trains to cardiff or swansea

At least it would be a maximum of a two hour drive as opposed to norwich at five hours

5 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

QPR okay by train

Millwall okay by train

Reading okay by train

Cardiff no problem

Just feed the computer with the info no game of more than a 120 miles for midweek games

At least it would be a maximum of a two hour drive as opposed to norwich at five hours

Now do that for 92 teams ensuring too many games aren’t in the same city on the same day etc. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Lets be ‘avin you! 

Has the pedestrianisation of the City Centre been finished yet?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

QPR okay by train

Millwall okay by train

Reading okay by train

Cardiff no problem

No offence but that view is looking solely at people going by train

I'd assume that the vast majority going to an away game don't go by train - but then the assumption is that everyone is travelling from Bristol, again that simply isn't the situation

It's been discussed many many times before that lots of teams actually request the awkward journeys in midweek as it saves on an additional day travelling

I'd also expect that the majority would prefer nearer games on a weekend, and it would more than likely see more people attend on a weekend compared to a night fixture

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Hi EN 

If you have any gems of local knowledge you think would be helpful for me to include in the match day thread please let me know 

There must be something interesting about Alan Partridge and Radio Norwich. There was even his statue in the city centre for four days in 2020

DB87AA30-D4DC-4764-9779-B3BB550D5CFC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

QPR okay by train

Millwall okay by train

Reading okay by train

Cardiff no problem

I've got to admire your BS3/Parson Street centric view of the world NTTDS , but with the last midweek train to London being 22:00 these past months and to Brum at 22:10, for the reverse fixtures listed you'd be pushing it to make any of those trains after final whistle, particularly if the OB held fans back for the usual 5-10 minutes. 

Personally, (if watching the end of the match) from getting out of my Dolman vantage I'd have around 12 mins to board the train at TM. Junior Bent couldn't make that, hence I drive.

Ditto your conservative driving estimates. Millwall, for example. If driving through London it takes as long for me to drive Hotwells to the end of the M4 as from Brentford to home in SE3. Same applies if I go around the M25.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Lets be ‘avin you! 

Is  the Plasterer's Arms in Cowgate still worth visiting? They used to brewed their own beer and it was STRONG.

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm interested to know what you mean here?

Exactly my thoughts, I will be interested what inside knowledge @Eddie Notgetinya may have here

For me it’s as simple as if you have what would be considered a ‘normal’ job (Mon-Fri, 9-5) then you likely won’t consider travelling all that way on a Weds night. Norwich on the other hand visit us on a Saturday. You can’t get every fixture how you’d like but It’s certainly one of the more attractive fixtures as it’s a nice place to visit. Unfortunately it’s a weeknight (again) but I’d estimate circa 1000 fans won’t be able to go. A large following would have been nice seeing as Both teams are right up there and it would have been nice to see. Never mind.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

When last season ended I targeted Norwich away as my visit to a new ground game as there are flights from Exeter.

Really fed up its midweek. I’m not sure there are any new grounds for me to do there and back in a day from south Devon. I’ll do South Wales, London and around Birmingham in a day but I’ve done all them.

All the further one’s I’ll only do with a stopover which because of cost and time isn’t too often. Might have to move to the midlands as we’re doing so well.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

QPR okay by train

Millwall okay by train

Reading okay by train

Cardiff no problem

Plymouth would never play any night games at all.

Midweek scheduling of some far away games is a deliberate ploy. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-chief-admits-long-distance-576621

For both parties here, they know away support will be lesser than say each of our games away to Watford (vaguely in the middle geographically).

So a midweek Watford fixture would not be desirable for either club but a midweek Bristol/Norwich would be. 

There must be some logic applied which says the decrease in away fans who would travel Norwich<>Bristol in midweek is not offset by how many more would do it on a weekend. 

• Robin 1

18 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Never visited Carrow Road before and whilst I have next week off, I'm giving it some consideration. What is Car Parking like?

Pretty easy. I’d suggest paying cash and using the match day car parks at either County Hall or Clarence Road. Avoid the retail complex (you will get a parking ticket) and the multi storey at Riverside by the train station as the queue for the parking meter after a match is ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Ditto your conservative driving estimates. Millwall, for example. If driving through London it takes as long for me to drive Hotwells to the end of the M4 as from Brentford to home in SE3. Same applies if I go around the M25.

The whole concept of it taking longer to get from the edge of London to South East London, than it does to get from the edge of London to Bristol, was lost on me until I moved down here. It's completely ridiculous and (along with suicidal Uber drivers) was one of the reasons I got rid of my car 4 years ago. The loss of the 22.36 from Bristol to London has been even more disappointing. I wrote to GWR who said write to NetworkRail. I wrote to NetworkRail (twice) and got absolutely no response. It makes midweek games a real pain. Bizarrely the service does run on Saturday nights.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

Are there still games on the red button?

Every time I have looked for ours this season there appears to be none showing.........not for recording at least.

I don't believe you may record the red button games, unless its via screen capture.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Olé said:

The whole concept of it taking longer to get from the edge of London to South East London, than it does to get from the edge of London to Bristol, was lost on me until I moved down here. It's completely ridiculous and (along with suicidal Uber drivers) was one of the reasons I got rid of my car 4 years ago. The loss of the 22.36 from Bristol to London has been even more disappointing. I wrote to GWR who said write to NetworkRail. I wrote to NetworkRail (twice) and got absolutely no response. It makes midweek games a real pain. Bizarrely the service does run on Saturday nights.

Indeed. Bloody frustrating to hit the elevated section and realise I'm half way home (by time.) Past couple of years to head west I have first to head east, sounds stupid but its quicker thanks to successive London mayors, even though its 50 odd miles longer each way. I used to leave Hotwells on a Saturday and be home by 8 (through town.) Same route today I'd be lucky to make 9 thanks to cycle lanes and revised traffic schemes. Picking other fans up en route as I used to from The Embankment is a non-starter. That's car sharing inefficiency for you.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

As for Saturday nights!  There was one game last year when we went for a beer and ruby after the game as I was taking the train home. Headed to TM for 9:30pm. Quickest public transport home got me in my bed 4:10 am on Sunday morning. Its not even as though trains are reliable. 

• Like 1