IGNORED

Norwich City away match thread

We were the better team today. A good defeat that will make us play even better. We have chances for top 6 I think. With some loans during December we really can do good things.

That is the life, we concede goals that we could avoid that is good. Because they didn't beat us at football and they know we were better. 

Heads up guys ! We have a team that plays football, that is a thing missing for ages here. We can make another good run. Every defeat this season could be our win. I think in almost all games, we were the better team.

No team dominated us this season and we say that after 10 games, that is not a small thing. 

Good night ! I enjoyed watching this.

• Like 2

From the Norwich forum:

That was one of the worst wins I've ever seen.

At least this ends the 'not beaten anyone good yet' narrative.

Ffs. Just won and I am still irritated.

One of the weirdest and most chaotic games I've seen. It was entertaining and I'm not sure we deserved the 3 points but job done I suppose. Against a better side we'd have been battered and it says a lot about the quality in this league that Bristol didn't punish us. 

Bristol City are going to make top 6 come end of season. Gave us a right old game.

That second half was entertaining and terrible in equal spates

3 points is 3 points but that was sloppy at best at times. Bristol will feel they deserved a point.

Yes worst win ever

• Like 2
2 hours ago, spudski said:

Why not just fly back?

Plane already there.

Coach has to travel up empty, then return. 

Plane has to return empty. ?

Cost? I understand the logic in what you are saying, but even when players fly, eg to Hull, the coach travels up empty to take them from airport to hotel. Then of course from hotel to match. The coach is there so use it instead of paying for plane tickets for the return

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

We are like the Harlem Globetrotters! Its great watching us go forward but we could have easily conceded 5 at the other end.

This is the most exciting attacking football we've produced in nearly 5 years.

If Naismith can cut the errors out then you just never know!

Naismith is not the only liability at the back.

I agree, going forward we look good.

Watching tonight, if you didn't know, you'd have to admit that we looked like the ExPrem side with our football.

I feel both gutted (we lost) highly optimisitic, and very proud and happy that big Nige is finally putting smiles back on the faces of the BCFC faithful.

Upwards and onwards.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1
2 minutes ago, James54De said:

Swap Rob and Kal. Small adjustments in starting angles but should give Naismith a little more room for error. 

The mistakes are so frustrating but on the ball he’s making a difference  - last season we so often lacked the carrier to bring the ball out of defence or find the next pass.

And Zak Vyner - a really impressive performance, he seems to be developing really well this season 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

We are being entertained and exciting to watch 

Just pushed an ex prem side to the end 

I think Nige may bolster the central midfield v Burnley and change things up a bit 

Let’s not get too carried away - Norwich could not cope in the PL last year and this side would arguably struggle this year.

City played well but the opposition are not PL quality.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Naismith is key to how we open up the other side. I’d prefer us to play like this then the crap we’ve had to watch previous seasons. Every game is exciting this season and we’re scoring goals for fun. Positive signs 

I get the argument but what must his team mates feel about him gifting goals like that. Nige is big on players having to perform to win the shirt. For me it undermines that message when it stands out so obviously. 

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Shame, because for the majority of that game we bossed Norwich. Alex Scott superb again, orchestrating midfield and making lung busting runs to defend.

Its going to be a very entertaining season people. Lots to look forward to. Just need to cut out the defensive errors (again).

City's desire is incredible.

Just listened to Gary owers spot on assessment. Good teams will wait for naismith to be in certain positions and pressure him he is not a last line defender.

• Like 2
Just now, Northern Red said:

Reading the match thread you can't half spot the difference between who's watching the game and who isn't.

Nah - Some just act like spoilt children Northern , can’t recognise the dozens of positives, and cant wait to whine and moan , 

There are at least two on this thread that made negative comment , moan after moan the whole game

Embarrassing

• Like 2

That’s entertainment. 
Shame we came away empty handed but Norwich will know that they got lucky tonight. That was a real test for both teams and I think City may have dealt a psychological blow to the Canaries, other sides will note that they were dodgy at the back. 
Our future is very bright and Nige knows that we need to improve. He will not standstill.

Well done to all and the excellent City fans who did us proud. 
Burnley will not be overconfident on Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Jeez said:

How you work that out? They scored more goals, so they deserve the win - They we’re poor but still beat us.

If only all our players were at it, Weiman was always a yard off the pace virtually the whole game & mistakes at the back cost us.  

Frustrating when you know we can play much better. 

Waited too long to bring on Semenyo

Wow.

Talk about glass half empty. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it more Saturday when we give Burnley a spanking!