IGNORED

Burnley away match thread

48 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

They actually have quite a sophisticated algorithm that tries to give the fixtures some fairness. So they don't just 'come out as they do'.

Please, though, point me in the direction of a fixture configuration this season where we play 25 miles away from home on a Tuesday and home on a Saturday, while our opponents have 440-mile round trips on both Wednesday and Saturday. I'll be surprised if you can find one but I'm happy to hear about it. 

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

How can we play 25 miles from home if we don’t have a team to play against in this league that are 25 miles from home?

What about Plymouth? They will travel 11,158 miles to and from away games this season, which is an average of 485 per match. That compares to more than 12,200 miles during their 2021/22 campaign

Edited by pongo88
5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I was asked me to find the impossible though

It was sort of my point. ?

But here's another task. Find a configuration where we play 100-120 miles from home on Tuesday and then play home on Saturday. Our Saturday opponents play 240 miles away on Wednesday and travel 240 miles to us on Saturday. 

Anyway, we lost. We just have to suck it up. A tough week with two defeats that most of us expected.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What about Plymouth?  Overall, they will travel 11,158 miles to and from away games this season, which is an average of 485 per match. That compares to more than 12,200 miles during their 2021/22 campaign

I don't think they play Wednesday, Saturday away. League one games are generally on a Tuesday because they are not moved for Sky's red button. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I don't think they play Wednesday, Saturday away. League one games are generally on a Tuesday because they are not moved for Sky's red button. 

If they don’t play Wednesday and Saturday then they play Saturday and Tuesday. The gap is the same 

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If they don’t play Wednesday and Saturday then they play Saturday and Tuesday. The gap is the same 

Not sure of the maths there. Tuesday night is roughly the mid point between Saturday and Saturday. If you finish at ten to five on a Saturday, you have three days (72 hours approx) to recover. If you play Tuesday night, you have a little more than 72 hours to recover for the next game. 

(And pease don't say 'they are well-paid professional footballers, they should be able to play every day of the week if required'. You can't pay a body to recover.)

Edited by firstdivision
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Here are October's fixtures. Nothing to be afraid of.

image.thumb.png.00446ac578755583d470e070ae6ffdb4.png

Historically, a fixture list like that, after tough games and when we've been playing well, has been something of which  to be very afraid.

All too often it led to drop in form, rubbish performances and a run of dire results.

Fingers crossed, this group of players are made of tougher stuff and can quickly get back to winning ways.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Historically, a fixture list like that, after tough games and when we've been playing well, has been something of which  to be very afraid.

All too often it led to drop in form, rubbish performances and a run of dire results.

Fingers crossed, this group of players are made of tougher stuff and can quickly get back to winning ways.

by the nature of the way this side fight back,i think you can safely say made of much tougher stuff than previous years

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Have you ever seen any positive in anything City post Millenium ?

All you do is moan at the moaners.

People have the right to point out areas which need improving such as the defence - it doesn't mean they are negative, it's means they are saying it as it is and want the team to improve.

Deep down you know our defence is not up to scratch but you can't admit it for some strange blinkered reason.  

It's fine to point out things you are not happy with sometimes.....it doesn't mean you love the team any less.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

All you do is moan at the moaners.

People have the right to point out areas which need improving such as the defence - it doesn't mean they are negative, it's means they are saying it as it is and want the team to improve.

Deep down you know our defence is not up to scratch but you can't admit it for some strange blinkered reason.  

It's fine to point out things you are not happy with sometimes.....it doesn't mean you love the team any less.

But it’s posters who never point out anything , or post about anything , positive

Zero balance or perspective

• Sad 1
  • Flames 1
10 minutes ago, downendcity said:

17 points in the bag...................As Jazz man would say?  Nice.

12 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Four defeats all by just one goal ...and we have scored in  every game.  Happy day's ahead IMO?   

• Like 2

What's telling for me is that after 2 losses on the bounce, and a rollercoaster of an opening 10 games...not one person has started a reactionary negative thread tonight* 

Does that say we're about where most people think we should be based on what we've seen so far? Most are content, and think that overall it's a fair set of results? Might not, maybe some people are just suffering in a power cut or have forgotten their login details. 

But it's awfully quiet tonight.

*As of 19:05

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

What's telling for me is that after 2 losses on the bounce, and a rollercoaster of an opening 10 games...not one person has started a reactionary negative thread tonight* 

Does that say we're about where most people think we should be based on what we've seen so far? Most are content, and think that overall it's a fair set of results? Might not, maybe some people are just suffering in a power cut or have forgotten their login details. 

Ian Gay spent most of the post match FBC podcast moaning about one thing or another 

So all’s good, life is normal 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
39 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think most are happy. We should have more points than we do, though.

Burnley manager Vincent Kompany told BBC Radio Lancashire:

"It's ideal to go into the international break off [a win]. It was a good win and a good performance against a very tough opponent.

We've watched a lot of Bristol City games; they press high, they have a lot of the ball and a lot of threat going forward, and for us to cancel some of that out was really not easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1