IGNORED

Burnley away match thread

O well. Cannot complain about the result today. Last two games been in it to up to the  last kick, but just falling a little short. We know where we are weak, NP I am sure does as well, it is what it is.

Looked a bit tired today and not quite clicking up front, but for all their possession they managed 6 on target to our 5. A break and a chance to regroup.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1
Just now, old_eastender said:

Can't argue with the result, Burnley best side we have played so far. Understand why Scott was subbed off at HT, but we didn't have miss his play in midfield second half.

Yes we missed his bite come 2nd half and yes Burnley were deserved winners if they don't go up they have under performed. 

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Two on goal defeats in a week at Norwich and Burnley

The fact that we will be disappointed says just how far we’ve come

??????

I’d argue it also shows how far we still have to go . I am really starting to get pissed off with how bad we are at the back 

It’s almost a goal giving clanger every game now. They are letting the rest of the squad down big time 

• Like 2
Just now, Andy082005 said:

I’d argue it also shows how far we still have to go . I am really starting to get pissed off with how bad we are at the back 

It’s almost a goal giving clanger every game now. They are letting the rest of the squad down big time 

We do have a long way to go. Everyone knows (or bloody well should do) that and we've all been told that enough times by the management. We aren't a top 6 side but we have shown more than enough to think that we won't be a struggling one either.

• Like 4

I'm still feeling positive despite consecutive defeats. We are a decent team capable of scoring in every game. We all know where we are lacking, and it's massively frustrating sometimes, but I'm thoroughly enjoying watching us play at the moment, especially considering how dire we have been in recent years.

Big Nige and his mob know what we need, I trust him to get it right.

COYR!!!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BS3City said:

I'm still feeling positive despite consecutive defeats. We are a decent team capable of scoring in every game. We all know where we are lacking, and it's massively frustrating sometimes, but I'm thoroughly enjoying watching us play at the moment, especially considering how dire we have been in recent years.

Big Nige and his mob know what we need, I trust him to get it right.

COYR!!!

We would have lost both games by four or five eighteen months ago so it`s progress for me.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, petehinton said:

10 games done, and Norwich and Burnley away done which are gonna be two of the hardest games of the season. 

I’ve seen enough to think we’re in for a genuine play offs push this season. 

Not for me.

We won't win enough games if we keep giving teams 4 shots on target per game and keep conceding at this rate. Have to get that down to 3 per game to give ourselves a chance.

Good that we've scored in every game though.

Our average game over these first 10 is a 2-2 draw. That doesn't get you play-offs in the long run.

• Like 1