IGNORED

Changing Bristol

Roger Red Hat

19 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I was hoping to get on that this year but alas not going to be near there. Maybe next year.

I'm going there in August as it's my wife's family home town, I didn't know this was there,  will definitely have to take a ride on this wonderful looking piece of engineering 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I'm going there in August as it's my wife's family home town, I didn't know this was there,  will definitely have to take a ride on this wonderful looking piece of engineering 

Bon Voyage! Please report back.

See this! 

Edited by Roger Red Hat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I suppose there are worse ways you could describe your wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Saw this on social media. It's City's old St John Lane ground after we'd left for Ashton Gate. Still in use for athletics, rugby and - as you can see - cycling.

May be an image of 4 people and crowd

That’s from the recently submitted planning application for the South and South West stands at the Memorial, isn’t it? 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Saw this on social media. It's City's old St John Lane ground after we'd left for Ashton Gate. Still in use for athletics, rugby and - as you can see - cycling.

Great photo. I'll walk down there tomorrow to see if I can see the buildings behind.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Great photo , shame they have a housing estate there now.

Post-war, Petherton Road became a paint factory (which was still producing until not so long ago) and is now a trading estate. The people needed a hospital but it remained an aspiration. 'South Bristol Hospital' eventually arrived in...... 2012 - and was built on the edges of the old Whitchurch Airport. So much for an urgency.

Edited by Erithacus
typo

On 21/05/2023 at 18:00, Erithacus said:

Post-war, Petherton Road became a paint factory (which was still producing until not so long ago) and is now a trading estate. The people needed a hospital but it remained an aspiration. 'South Bristol Hospital' eventually arrived in...... 2012 - and was built on the edges of the old Whitchurch Airport. So much for an urgency.

Berger Paints, wasn’t it? Behind what was the old pub The Glasscutter 

20 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Berger Paints, wasn’t it? Behind what was the old pub The Glasscutter 

Think it was John Halls. My dad used to drive an articulated lorry for them in the late 60s delivering Brolac paint. He once left his mark in Sidmouth while reversing around a tight corner. The mark is visible to this day !

• Haha 1

More well-meaning words and ideas from the local council. I haven't gone through the whole plan but I wonder if all the dreams are going to come to fruition - particularly at this time of economic stress. Clearly Broadmead is a headache as the trend for a change in city centre shopping has brought a downturn and the future looks less certain.

Also wonder if the Western Harbour plans are being shuffled underneath meantime.

17 minutes ago, TomF said:

Must be some people on here who’ll remember fairfax house being built then knocked down for galleries which is now on brink of demo.. 

Yep, remember that too! Fairfax House was the Co-op I think, in the days when they had department stores. And it was the most confusing store I’ve ever been in. You could never work out what floor you were on or how to get out!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Yep, remember that too! Fairfax House was the Co-op I think, in the days when they had department stores. And it was the most confusing store I’ve ever been in. You could never work out what floor you were on or how to get out!

Have you ever visited IKEA Dave?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2