IGNORED

NP talks pre QPR

HappyClapper

Measured confidence - never too up and never too down. Speaks with respect about our players international achievements and about those who have helped them get there which must be a real boost for those working at the lower levels - great to hear managers praising those to whom it’s actually due as opposed to trying to hog all the limelight themselves - it’s a great managerial trait.  All in all another great listen and excited for Saturday.   

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

Nige’s pre and post match views are excellent to see or listen to - he really does say it as it is. No hot air or waffle or laughing at his own jokes, just a good honest appraisal of where he thinks the club the club is at.

He’s gradually creating a positive culture throughout the club and we can see what a proper the Nige is. In 50+ seasons attending AG I can’t remember any previous manager who has earned the respect of the players and the staff that work for him.

Nige is creeping up my favourite manager table - only Danny Wilson is above him now. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nige’s pre and post match views are excellent to see or listen to - he really does say it as it is. No hot air or waffle or laughing at his own jokes, just a good honest appraisal of where he thinks the club the club is at.

He’s gradually creating a positive culture throughout the club and we can see what a proper the Nige is. In 50+ seasons attending AG I can’t remember any previous manager who has earned the respect of the players and the staff that work for him.

Nige is creeping up my favourite manager table - only Danny Wilson is above him now. 

He's above everyone but Cooper and Jordan in my time. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So Dicks, Cooper, Jordan and Cotts among others didn't earn the respect of players and staff?!

The first rule of holes: when you're in one stop digging.

• Like 1

Just now, chinapig said:

So Dicks, Cooper, Jordan and Cotts among others didn't earn the respect of players and staff?!

The first rule of holes: when you're in one stop digging.

I was a young guy when AD was manager and just a little older during the time of Cooper and Jordan. Back then there was barely any or no internet and we fans relied largely on radio interviews, largely post match.

In modern times the remit of any football manager has changed dramatically when compared to pre internet days. All we had back then was performances on the pitch and post match interviews to base our opinions on. There was very little exposure on managers back then - unlike these days.

It matters to me how the manager conducts and presents himself to the media and the the public. They’re the main men when it comes to footballing matters and their views are sought after and they are an important representatives of the club and that’s one part of the reason why I rated DW highly. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, HappyClapper said:

Sounds upbeat.

Loved this as always, question from me as we've heard it from all the Players, but is this the first time that Nige has mentioned the 'P' word as a genuine target...?

The fact that we are 10 games in and this sort of talk is still being banded about is really positive. If he didn't believe it was achievable he's got enough experience not to even mention it so the fact that it's still being discussed is great!

Very well measured and careful as always with his answers and provided great insight to the conversations had with various countries and players fitness which was interesting to hear!

I personally think qpr will be our toughest opponent at home so far . 
got some good young players with a sprinkling of experience. 
dykes worries me big Scottish oaf / bully up front , think he will play on vyner and outmuscled him but like mitrovic did .

cocky manager aswell very confident in himself and team . Honestly think if we get the win it will be time to sit up and think we’re  in for a decent season 

Edited by redkev

1 minute ago, hinsleburg said:

Loved this as always, question from me as we've heard it from all the Players, but is this the first time that Nige has mentioned the 'P' word as a genuine target...?

The fact that we are 10 games in and this sort of talk is still being banded about is really positive. If he didn't believe it was achievable he's got enough experience not to even mention it so the fact that it's still being discussed is great!

Very well measured and careful as always with his answers and provided great insight to the conversations had with various countries and players fitness which was interesting to hear!

A manager of his experience has obviously seen a lot in his time and he will know better than anybody with what he sees on the pitch and in training and what the academy is doing wether we are in a good position. From his demeanour in that interview I would say for the first time he is liking what he sees .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, redkev said:

I personally think qpr will be our toughest opponent at home so far . 
got some good young players with a sprinkling of experience. 
dykes worries me big Scottish oaf / bully up front , think he will play on vyner and outmuscled him but like mitrovic did .

cocky manager aswell very confident in himself and team . Honestly think if we get the win it will be time to sit up and think we’re  in for a decent season 

QPR are a side who always seem to batter us but we usually sneak a result.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Got a mate who is a ST holder at Loftus and have been a few times over the last few seasons when we've not played mid-week as it is local to me.

They are a team in transition who simply ran out of steam at the end of last season. They've kept all of their squad - Willock is up there in top 10 players for the division, CB Rob Dickie is a threat from set pieces and can also strike a ball and on his day, Chair can torment defences.

I think we will win, but it will be tight, as they are well organised and tactically sound. 3-2 is my prediction. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

And Gary johnson ??

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Superjack said:

He's above everyone but Cooper and Jordan in my time. 

Agree with this completely.

The fortitude he has shown to take the task on with the mess that we were in, and  then slowly but surely turning that around to the genuine optimism we find ourselves feeling now, is a testament to him and NP deserves full credit. Particularly with the restraints financially.

All done with measured and honest communication and a refreshing lack of soundbite and drama.

I hope he is able to bring tangible success as a reward for taking us on when we were in a worse situation than many realised and it could easily have gone the other way. Not there yet but I have long thought NP would do what he is doing now.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Dave - why do seem to be negative when I praise the manager who’s doing an excellent job? 

I’ll spell it out for you…although you know why I posted what I did.

The bits re Nige are absolutely fine.

You know I’m referring to the Danny Wilson stuff you seem to shoehorn into so many posts.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

2/1 win Tuesday night,Fammy late penalty springs to mind. 

Doesn't spring to my mind, but then you are talking about a penalty for us and  my memory doesn't stretch back that far into the dim and distant past!

• Haha 1

Had quite a few memorable home games vs QPR over the years.

07/08 opening day great game, 03/04 crunch match 1-0 win and for some reason I remember being fuming losing 3-1 at home to them in 02/03. Jon Stead beauty on Sky 2010/11 1-1 draw.

A regular fixture for us and I think they'll be tough this weekend, got some tricky players

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Agree with this completely.

The fortitude he has shown to take the task on with the mess that we were in, and  then slowly but surely turning that around to the genuine optimism we find ourselves feeling now, is a testament to him and NP deserves full credit. Particularly with the restraints financially.

All done with measured and honest communication and a refreshing lack of soundbite and drama.

I hope he is able to bring tangible success as a reward for taking us on when we were in a worse situation than many realised and it could easily have gone the other way. Not there yet but I have long thought NP would do what he is doing now.

I like what NP is doing. But for me TC will always be the top man . Lucky enough to meet him and his wife on couple of times too 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Dave - why do seem to be negative when I praise the manager who’s doing an excellent job? 

Because your attitude to “Nige” is like a teenage girl with a boy band - he’s perfect and can do no wrong, while past “rivals” don’t bear comparison. It’s embarrassing in a grown man.

16 hours ago, Lew-T said:

QPR are a side who always seem to batter us but we usually sneak a result.

They won at AG last season..

I think it will be a really tough game, they are unbeaten in their last 6, have good players returning & would take 4 points from this & the Coventry game now.

28 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Because your attitude to “Nige” is like a teenage girl with a boy band - he’s perfect and can do no wrong, while past “rivals” don’t bear comparison. It’s embarrassing in a grown man.

Nige is very, very professional in everything he does in his role as City's manager.  Very few, if any in the last 30 years or so can match that. He’s going about creating a healthy culture at the club on and off the pitch in a very well structured and considered manner. 

Whats not to like?       :dunno:

What’s not to like?