IGNORED

Andy King

GrahamC

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I think people are getting a bit carried away here. Undoubtedly King had a good game but it was against Coventry, a bottom of the table team who have only scored 8 goals in 9 games. It’s not his fault Coventry were poor, but poor they were. That said I’d stick with him on Saturday even if Naismith is fit. The real test will be when City have to play against a decent team with some good forwards. 

If we had to play 8 of our first 9 away what part of the table do you think we would be in after everyone else has played 12 games?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Was surprised he started tonight for the first time in a league game since January (when he didn’t manage to last half an hour), he did really well in midfield & although I still didn’t expect him to play the 90, he then did a very decent job as an emergency defender & whilst he appeared to be running through treacle late on, fair play to him, he gave it all he has & was definitely one of our better performers tonight.

It was a shame that King had to go back to Centre Half because he showed more in midfield than both Massengo and Williams imo. I would imagine Nige’s thinking was he needed a communicator back there because Vyner and Atkinson can do their jobs but aren’t great communicators.

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It was a shame that King had to go back to Centre Half because he showed more in midfield than both Massengo and Williams imo. I would imagine Nige’s thinking was he needed a communicator back there because Vyner and Atkinson can do their jobs but aren’t great communicators.

Agree.

He used the ball very shrewdly, always seemed to know where to be positionally & was calmness personified.

He’s 34 this month so I doubt he could be seen as a bloke suddenly likely to start 25-30 games, but on that evidence he could play a much bigger role than was anticipated.

Williams is starting to concern me, he doesn’t seem to have managed to recapture his best form for any sustained spell at all & isn’t making any sort of case to be a starter at present.

• Like 2