IGNORED

Nige - post match.

The Humble Realist

Not a happy bunny at all……he was as frustrated as I’ve seen him after a defeat but very careful not throw any player under the bus - I’m sure he felt like he could tho but refrained, preferring to describe the performance as “unacceptable”.

He and his coaches have little time to put things right before our bogey team PNE turn  up on Wednesday. Their tails will be up after the impressive win at Carrow Rd.

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not a happy bunny at all……he was as frustrated as I’ve seen him after a defeat but very careful not throw any player under the bus - I’m sure he felt like he could tho but refrained, preferring to describe the performance as “unacceptable”.

He and his coaches have little time to put things right before our bogey team PNE turn  up on Wednesday. Their tails will be up after the impressive win at Carrow Rd.

He says it's unacceptable, but we concede at least two goals almost every game. It's time he and his 'coaching' team took some of the blame

Just now, Jerseybean said:

He was blunt in his post-match reflections, saying:  “It was awful – there is no defence for that performance today. It’s not acceptable. There’s no defence for us to give three points away in that fashion.“

https://youtu.be/6DYColOc4ZM

He could've just stopped at that point

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s just a guess, isn’t it?

I don’t think anyone comes out of today’s game with much credit (maybe Scott) but this obsession with Vyner is really tiresome.

NP didn’t have to pick Vyner today, he had Klose on the bench yet he chose to do so.

By the way Vyner has a 100% availability record this season, during the pandemic one only him & Wells were available for all 46 games.

I’m not saying he’s definitely good enough to be a regular starter, but in a very small squad with a couple of key players injured, he’s doing a job no one else is available to do.

Definitely true. But it’s also true that but for our injury and financial situation, he’d be absolutely nowhere near the first eleven!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s just a guess, isn’t it?

I don’t think anyone comes out of today’s game with much credit (maybe Scott) but this obsession with Vyner is really tiresome.

NP didn’t have to pick Vyner today, he had Klose on the bench yet he chose to do so.

By the way Vyner has a 100% availability record this season, during the pandemic one only him & Wells were available for all 46 games.

I’m not saying he’s definitely good enough to be a regular starter, but in a very small squad with a couple of key players injured, he’s doing a job no one else is available to do.

There will be all sorts of theories and gossip around the Preston selection , disregarding things like fitness

Yes I can see today’s performance costing someone or some their place (And if that’s the case they’ve slid down to the bottom of the snake and will need to reclimb the ladder)

But I can also see Pearson using the opportunity to give one or two , even the group, a stinging kick up the arse and challenging them to respond

One things for sure with our squad depth and quality he can’t make too many changes 

Its an interesting time IMHO , to see who responds , do they collectively respond , who steps up, 

A test for Pearson and this squad

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Definitely true. But it’s also true that but for our injury and financial situation, he’d be absolutely nowhere near the first eleven!

Not arguing with that, but my point is Kalas hasn’t been available for 7 months now & he consistently has.

He really isn’t our biggest problem, he’s a relatively low cost, squad player.

Trying to run on very small numbers after the Mark Ashton shit show is the real issue.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You might be right BUT it's also true whether people want to recognise it or not, given Zak is the whipping boy, that he has been our most consistent performing defender for weeks. Hands down. I dare anyone to say that either Naismith or Atkinson have been better defensively.................because if you do you are either blind or in denial.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

But our injury situation and our financial situation are the reality, and not that different to many other clubs in the league. And Vyner has done a decent job for us this season.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not arguing with that, but my point is Kalas hasn’t been available for 7 months now & he consistently has.

He really isn’t our biggest problem, he’s a relatively low cost, squad player.

Trying to run on very small numbers after the Mark Ashton shit show is the real issue.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You might be right BUT it's also true whether people want to recognise it or not, given Zak is the whipping boy, that he has been our most consistent performing defender for weeks. Hands down. I dare anyone to say that either Naismith or Atkinson have been better defensively.................because if you do you are either blind or in denial.

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But our injury situation and our financial situation are the reality, and not that different to many other clubs in the league. And Vyner has done a decent job for us this season.

I know it’s not OTIB standard, but I’m wholly willing to accept all of these points. 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

46 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

He says it's unacceptable, but we concede at least two goals almost every game. It's time he and his 'coaching' team took some of the blame

He could've just stopped at that point

When we were winning earlier in the season he was keen to put all the praise on the players. Part of that deal is that it's a two-way street and they have to be prepared to take the stick as well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

So leaving players on to spite them even though they deserve to come off - is that not cutting off your nose to spite your face? More to the point is it really good management?

I’m on the fence with NP for the record. I can see the issues he has to deal with but his track record is middling at best, IMHO.

It’s brilliant management,you played like you have so stick it out and expect the flack you will get(although it seems they don’t only the manager) and the whipping boy vyner of course 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s brilliant management,you played like you have so stick it out and expect the flack you will get(although it seems they don’t only the manager) and the whipping boy vyner of course 

It was an unusual comment and not sure how to interpret it

I thought he was more inferring that players ‘not on their game’ wanting to throw the towel in and come off needed to learn to feel it and deal with it

A good interviewer (or a brave one) would have pushed on the subject

• Like 1