IGNORED

Preston North End at home match thread

3 minutes ago, Firstyardleftinbed said:

We look decent until we get to the final 3rd and then awful. Sykes and Dasilva's final ball non existent again. 

But how can that be possible with Wiemann, Conway & Semenyo 8n the team..?! 

WTF have we been working on in training for the last few weeks..? 

The only positive side of our game was our attacking fluency, but since the Burnley game we've posed virtually zero threat to any team since. 

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Sykes, cr@p  cross again, the sooner Wiulson is fit the better, Sykes crossing has become so poor.

I get that people are frustrated with him but from what I read of him he never was a right back, he was more of an attacking central player. Pearson has obviously chosen to use him as our wing back and I think its probably because his overall drive is high. It doesn't surprise me that a central attacking midfielder struggles with crossing. I think he'd actually be a hell of a lot better if he was played in the middle but for some reason Pearson likes him there, probably because he's the best player capable of playing there that is fit and able to play at this level. 

• Like 1

Certainly better than at Birmingham, but that is a very low bar. Preston happy to be well organised at the back and hope to nick one at some stage, which you would not back against them doing. Does not make for great viewing however.

Got in some promising positions, but that’s about it. We could do with an ugly 1-0 and it’s still there, but Preston seemed to be growing in to it. Not scored in the last two matches and a half. Given how we set up that is clearly a worry.

Edited by cityexile

Like a lot of teams of late we are forced out wide , Preston's 3 cb's happy for Sykes or Dasilva to have the ball so they don't get caught by our fast front two. So whilst I think the movement of our front two could be better when said wingbacks get the ball high up the pitch , we need to have players running past the front two and for the front two to link up more with where we are finding space.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Cheapest adult ticket was £30. Say no more 

There must be plenty of people in my position - STH for me & my 8 year old. 

Midweek games are too late on a school night, so I'm home with him. 

I saw something mentioned a while back that some clubs (Wycombe..?) 

Let Child season tickets be used by an adult, for no extra cost, for midweek games - I think that's a great idea that we should look at for midweek games. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

There must be plenty of people in my position - STH for me & my 8 year old. 

Midweek games are too late on a school night, so I'm home with him. 

I saw something mentioned a while back that some clubs (Wycombe..?) 

Let Child season tickets be used by an adult, for no extra cost, for midweek games - I think that's a great idea that we should look at for midweek games. 

Agree, that’s a good idea

• Like 3