IGNORED

Preston North End at home match thread

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Well done lads.

I thought Klose did well on his return.

Congratulations to Max as well .

Semenyo gradually getting back into form. 

Result absolutely, desperately needed. Let’s carry this on for Millwall.

Silly foul by Klose from which they level, BUT he was exactly what we have been missing in terms of winning defensive headers time after time.

• Like 4

Deserved the win. Had numerous chances to put them to bed. Thought Klose looked solid and provided aerial prowess (although the foul leading to their goal was completely unnecessary). Scott great. Atkinson equally as good. Needed those 3 points. Hopefully we can find some form again.

I'm going to the Millwall game Saturday - my first game of the season. Hopefully can celebrate another 3 points! COYR

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Glen Little Former Burnley winger on BBC Radio Lancashire

"I'd say Bristol City were the better team, not buy a lot - there wasn't a lot in it."

Well at least Little has done his home work on our small budget this year...

He also said we were struggling as we are so poor going forward

Only the top scorers in the division mind

Needed that win. Preston didn’t offer much tonight and never looked like scoring until we were done by another set piece.

At times we squandered opportunities when a simple pass could have made the difference. I remember Semenyo shooting instead of playing it across the box when there were 2 players waiting to tap it in.

Still, we got out of jail thanks to Big Rob Atkinson with 2 good headers getting right in amongst it.

Hopefully that will give the players a lift going into the next game. We’ve not been at the races since the international break so it’s a welcome 3 points.

We rarely get anything out of Preston.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

I really hope Atkinson’s two goals were a result of prepared tactics.  If so we’ll done. I’ve and the coaches.

I was watching him and Klose at set pieces and it seemed like he was taking up an offisde position but in the areas where Klose was going to run. When Klose started his run, Atkinson ran away from goal then turned and followed in behind him.