IGNORED

Millwall at home match thread

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

We were generally better under Lee Johnson though

I'm off for some paracetamol....that statement has given me a headache.... 

1. How much financial support has NP had in comparison to LJ?

2. How would LJ have faired with little zero finances? 

3. LJ had more streaks that the streaky bacon I had for breakfast this morning. 

4. The team should be performing on better - NP has to take some of the responsibility.....but there is currently more Drift wood on the pitch than we can afford. 

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Utterly dreadful fare against a side who hadn’t won away previously and by all  accounts were playing wretchedly - no justification for dropping Bents and O’Lordy has cost us today (and I don’t care that he saves a penalty, game was over anyway).

Week in week out we are seeing the same sloppy mistakes, the same inept defending and struggling to have a shot on target - our strikers have stopped scoring.

Where has that zip and verve gone from the eight-game unbeaten run? We look a completely different side.

Should we sack the manager? Not convinced. Would it make a blind bit of ****ing difference considering the same clueless dipsticks who run the club would be recruiting the new man anyway? Three gaffers, same old problems.

Only thing I know for certain is the domestic hiatus for the WC cannot come quickly enough at this point. Guaranteed hiding at the Hawthorns beckons in midweek.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, David Brent said:

Nigel is doing good enough. People blinded by stats without context.

Some things he gets wrong, in hindsight, but we’re better off than when he was appointed.

Such a defeatist attitude. Like the fans who say ‘at least we aren’t Rovers’.  Spent 18 months not improving a defence. It’s not like we are asking for the world 

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Stats don’t really tel the story of what’s happened here though

Granted they don’t tell the whole story, but they paint a pretty good picture 

As someone else just posted, Millwall were very organised. Most teams are compared to us. These teams do not have better players then us….at the very least they are on an equal footing. The difference is they have a coach who can actually coach a defence to defend 

Pearson cannot get us organised in a way where we are difficult to play against. We are so powder puff and have been since he has been here 

I’ll look forward to his usual bluster in the post match interview though and everyone will lap up the comments from ‘Nige’

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 22A said:

OK, so the goals have dried up. Are Conway, Wells & Weiman all having an off spell (as all strikers do) at the same time?

Or are they not getting the service they did two months ago?

Or have the oppos sussed us out and know how to stop City?

I think it's they have sussed us out and they know we don't have a plan B.

4 minutes ago, Champfan45 said:

13 touches in just over 60 minutes for Conway is rough. They must find a way to get him involved, or try something different. 

Could try pairing him with Wells, don't understand breaking up what was the leagues most dangerous and fruitful strike partnership, a joke!!!!

5 minutes ago, Champfan45 said:

13 touches in just over 60 minutes for Conway is rough. They must find a way to get him involved, or try something different. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Andy082005 said:

‘Very organised’

That’s the key words here. Something Pearson is unable to do and failed to do for almost 2 years now 

Not sure either of today’s goals are down to the manager’s organisation, players being slow to react and a keeper coming out too far into a place where he really shouldn’t have been.  You’ve got a clear opinion of the manager, and I suspect no amount of debating will change that view. 

My only criticism is that Nige can be slow to react and I suspect is too loyal to some players who are clearly out of form. 

I personally don’t think there is a decent alternative out there even if we were to change.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

1. How much financial support has NP had in comparison to LJ?

2. How would LJ have faired with little zero finances? 

3. LJ had more streaks that the streaky bacon I had for breakfast this morning. 

4. The team should be performing on better - NP has to take some of the responsibility.....but there is currently more Drift wood on the pitch than we can afford. 

The sad thing is, I don't think LJ was that great either. Pearson has some very decent players in that squad, make no mistake about it

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

We were generally better under Lee Johnson though

What a load of rubbish, we had one superb half season with LJ and that was it.

Prior to the international break I'd say we were playing some of our best football since that one-off half-season. Only individual poor errors stopped us from being top two.

Since the international break it's been poor. As talented as Semenyo is, I would go back to playing Wells & Conway together and bench Semenyo. I don't think he has scored since starting and seems unable to get any interplay going with either Wells or Conway. 

Weimann has been totally ineffective too, time he was benched too, maybe give Kadji a shout and push Scott a bit higher in a midfield 3.

Klose has to play, and for me Pring should be starting over JD every time.

In goal, either give Bajic a go, or bring back Bents, Max is never going to make it for me as a championship keeper.

Talk of sacking NP, is nonsense to me given the restrictions he has had to work with due to the threat of FPP.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

1. How much financial support has NP had in comparison to LJ?  ✅ 

2. How would LJ have faired with little zero finances? ✅ 

3. LJ had more streaks that the streaky bacon I had for breakfast this morning. ✅ 

4. The team should be performing on better - NP has to take some of the responsibility.....but there is currently more Drift wood on the pitch than we can afford. ✅ 

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Prior to the international break I'd say we were playing some of our best football since that one-off half-season. Only individual poor errors stopped us from being top two.

Since the international break it's been poor. As talented as Semenyo is, I would go back to playing Wells & Conway together and bench Semenyo. I don't think he has scored since starting and seems unable to get any interplay going with either Wells or Conway. 

Weimann has been totally ineffective too, time he was benched too, maybe give Kadji a shout and push Scott a bit higher in a midfield 3.

In goal, either give Bajic a go, or bring back Bents, Max is never going to make it for me as a championship keeper.

Talk of sacking NP, is nonsense to me given the restrictions he has had to work with due to the threat of FPP.

We were finishing in the top 12 under Johnson, and came close to the play offs

• Like 1
Just now, And Its Smith said:

A decent defence, some organisation, passion and decent football, at times.  What did we get today? None of those.   4 points from Coventry, Preston and Millwall at home.  270 minutes of football…how much of it was decent? About 90 mins in total across 3 games 

We’ve seen a lot of it in the other 1080 minutes.

Sounds a bit like bed wetting to me. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Balls. One superb half season and one very consistent full season where we were in the frame for the playoffs right up until the final day.

Pearson has done absolutely nothing comparable. I had extremely high hopes for his reign and it’s been a massive letdown.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Could try pairing him with Wells, don't understand breaking up what was the leagues most dangerous and fruitful strike partnership, a joke!!!!

To be fair I thought Antoine was working hard for the team, he won a team high 12 duels and managed to draw 5 fouls as well. His shooting isn't right yet though, maybe he is better off rotating with Wells at this point.  This Millwall setup is one type of defending he often struggles with. He didn't get much space and thus found it difficult to break them down. Conway was mostly anonymous but I think that's more down to tactics than anything else.

Edit: Sorry, 2nd highest. Atkinson 1st with 14.

Edited by Champfan45
2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I’d agree with some of this. Before the break we were playing well - eventually.

Thing is there were times when we were equally bloody poor, and bloody lucky.

If we’d gone Top Two then that would’ve been lucky and masked our true ability.

Fact is we’re nowhere near good enough to compete with those who are, and those who’ve sussed out how we’re set up.

Having said we wasn’t there today. Sad signs that with £70 a month going out me and the boy and the £300 banner didn’t fancy it.

House is looking nice and clean mind! ?