IGNORED

That scuffle.

A Horse With No Name

I don't think I have seen a scuffle like the Semenyo v Number 5 for a very long time. Anyone see exactly what started it, because the ref obviously was oblivious to it going on  involving 5 players while the game went on. Also, how on earth can the ref book anyone when he clearly saw absolutely nothing. 

Edited by CrackingCheeseGromit
  • Like 2

Just now, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

I don't think I have seen a scuffle like the Semenyo v Number 5 for a very long time. Anyone see exactly what started it, because the ref obviously was oblivious to it going on  involving 5 players while the game went on. Also, how on earth can the ref book anyone when he clearly saw absolutely nothing. 

Millwall player grabbed his shirt off the ball, Semenyo reacted. Yellow cards for each was fair enough I thought.

One of those where the ref has to be seen doing something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Millwall player grabbed his shirt off the ball, Semenyo reacted. Yellow cards for each was fair enough I thought.

Like most City fans I was watching to ball and only realised that something was up when the SS started making more noise than usual.

All I saw was Semenyo and their number 5 chest to chest grading each other’s shirts. No idea what triggered it all off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Some will disagree but I agree. It’s standard practice when this happens and the ref and assistant miss the beginning for a scuffle. 

• Like 1

The Millwall player had Semenyo in what was like a wrestling hold off the ball & when Antoine tried to break free, their 5 pinned him.

Absolutely incredible how all 3 officials missed it, Semenyo was being held & unable to get free for nearly a minute.

Cynical stuff but typical of how they went about it today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought Semenyo was a handful again today against another physical defence. Not long after the scuffle he got taken down via a horse-collar tackle by one of them who got booked and then subbed. AS did well to keep his cool, as I think they received instructions to wind him up. One of the first names on the team sheet for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the main point here is the ref may have made the right decision but it was through total guesswork. I didn’t see him engage with either assistant, although acknowledge that may have happened through the earpiece.

For me, it was bad refereeing. He had no idea what happened but still gave the  yellows. A better ref would have given no cards, and the fact he did I believe takes the incident away from retrospective action, which would have been the right outcome.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Thought Semenyo was a handful again today against another physical defence. Not long after the scuffle he got taken down via a horse-collar tackle by one of them who got booked and then subbed. AS did well to keep his cool, as I think they received instructions to wind him up. One of the first names on the team sheet for me. 

No wonder he had a long face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the main point here is the ref may have made the right decision but it was through total guesswork. I didn’t see him engage with either assistant, although acknowledge that may have happened through the earpiece.

For me, it was bad refereeing. He had no idea what happened but still gave the  yellows. A better ref would have given no cards, and the fact he did I believe takes the incident away from retrospective action, which would have been the right outcome.

Correct 

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m pretty sure he was talking with both assistants: both moved towards him as if to indicate that they were ready to talk, and the one on the Lansdown side was clearly talking into his mic (I assume). 

Like @Offside I didn’t understand how he could have restarted with a free kick though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

? You’re not a teacher by any chance, are you?

I’m not, but if I  was I’d hate to have you in my class. It would be detention every day for being cheeky.  That said, I’d love to have you in the school pantomime as someone who was naughty. He’s behind you, oh no he’s not etc 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m not, but if I  was I’d hate to have you in my class. It would be detention every day for being cheeky.  That said, I’d love to have you in the school pantomime as someone who was naughty. He’s behind you, oh no he’s not etc 

I’m speechless ?

• Haha 1

If it was an ice hockey ref, play on, let them cuddle and shove and keep going until anyone hits the ice or dies.

It was 50 - 50, but there were 3 of them and only Tommy went in to back his team mate. At the time the ref blew, we had the ball and were streaming forward. How refreshing to play on and let justice have been the outcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redsince1994 said:

How does he. No one saw it . Just calm them down & get on with the game. He even give them a bloody free kick. It should have been a drop ball wherever the play was when he stopped play 

• Like 3