IGNORED

That scuffle.

A Horse With No Name

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Why confused @GrahamC?  City committed 10  fowls and Millwall 11. Nothing Millwall did today was any different to any typical Championship team. Don’t judge the present team by the past 

We had 2 players leave the field with cut heads, they were leading with elbows, Semenyo was being repeatedly fouled (just because the awful Ward didn’t see it, doesn’t mean there weren’t more fouls than awarded). Scott at times, too.

There was a lot of sly, off the ball stuff going on, if you didn’t see it, that’s down to you.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

We had 2 players leave the field with cut heads, they were leading with elbows, Semenyo was being repeatedly fouled (just because the awful Ward didn’t see it, doesn’t mean there weren’t more fouls than awarded). Scott at times, too.

There was a lot of sly, off the ball stuff going on, if you didn’t see it, that’s down to you.

I think they singled out Semenyo for special attention today. He was shoved, pulled, kicked and grabbed continuously, I think I'd be pretty pissed of with that!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I saw what was going on. It happens in every match. I’m not saying that’s ok, but it wrong to call Millwall dirty bastards without saying the same thing about every other team that comes to Ashton Gate. There is a lot of double standards on the forum 

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely there was - that’s what teams get when clubs play Milwall. They’re all big guys and dish it out. Thankfully  Neil Warnock has retired.

I actually thought Millwall showed some more honour than most teams leading at AG. No time wasting or shithousery. Substitutes went off from near the touch line and throws taken fairly quickly. Think they were the same last year as well. 

Had the look of a hard team- prob fancy them in a tunnel dust up against most! 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

How does he. No one saw it . Just calm them down & get on with the game. He even give them a bloody free kick. It should have been a drop ball wherever the play was when he stopped play 

The referee and linesman have an assessor sitting in the stand scrutinising every decision. If any of the four officials saw it then it has to be dealt with properly.

All four are in constant communication.

The laws of the game are the laws of the game, the officials have to adhere to them, regardless how petty people think they are being.

If they don’t, their marks from the  assessor will reflect that they are incompetent.

Officials aren’t allowed to use common sense, even when they would like too. That’s the modern game for you.

18 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Did he ever play for Millwall?

Neil Warnock was a manager who saw height as an integral part of his teams. Many of his signings were big guys - I think he signed Flint twice Iirc and we all know what kind of football NW always played - thankfully he never managed Millwall 

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Neil Warnock was a manager who saw height as an integral part of his teams. Many of his signings were big guys - I think he signed Flint twice Iirc and we all know what kind of football NW always played - thankfully he never managed Millwall 

He was 10 times the manager Danny Wilson ever was…

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

The referee and linesman have an assessor sitting in the stand scrutinising every decision. If any of the four officials saw it then it has to be dealt with properly.

All four are in constant communication.

The laws of the game are the laws of the game, the officials have to adhere to them, regardless how petty people think they are being.

If they don’t, their marks from the  assessor will reflect that they are incompetent.

Officials aren’t allowed to use common sense, even when they would like too. That’s the modern game for you.

I’m not sure that’s quite right - that officials have an assessor in the stands.

Used to happen and I well remember sitting in on a debrief by Roger don’t you know who I am Milford.

The Milf - and he wasn’t - would swan in, his lovingly coiffured locks flowing behind him, wearing his designer rain coat - you could tell it was designer as he didn’t unpick the little label that was stitched on the cuff. 

He’d then sit down and when everyone was sitting comfortably he’d begin….

Nowadays I think EFL officials are assessed remotely. Might be wrong but I wanted to tell my Milf story in any case…. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

…and what if a goal had been scored, or another foul had been committed before he spotted the “scuffle”?

My personal favourite was when Kalas went down on our 18yd line with a clear head injury but the ref let play go on leading to a shot from them. Hows he calling that back if they had scored?! Clueless. 

Edited by nickolas
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ben1980 said:

I actually thought Millwall showed some more honour than most teams leading at AG. No time wasting or shithousery. Substitutes went off from near the touch line and throws taken fairly quickly. Think they were the same last year as well. 

Had the look of a hard team- prob fancy them in a tunnel dust up against most! 

No time wasting!

Did you not realise they had a goalkeeper?

He took forever over every goal kick & actually punched the ball back into the crowd to waste time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I wonder if though, yes I moan about penalties but I wonder if we went down that road, would the ref's eyesight miraculously return.

That said, I think Ward is a particularly poor ref!

39 minutes ago, shelts said:

I think as a club for years we’ve been pretty dire at seeing games out , managing them by whatever means necessary I don’t mind us being a little more schooled in some of those dark arts!!

Get this, but we seem to not necessarily get an even crack with officials!

Scott and Williams have already picked up 1 game bans for bookings this season, and we are far from a dirty, ill-disciplined side. Sykes got a straight red which is fine but Freeman got off the hook, whereas Bennett got a yellow at a key time at Wigan when it could easily have been a red!

Our penalty record for and against, 44 without an award in the League I think! 47 competitive games in all competitions. 8 against in the same period.

If we begin the dark arts, how well would we get away with it in this context?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

14 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I’m not sure that’s quite right - that officials have an assessor in the stands.

Used to happen and I well remember sitting in on a debrief by Roger don’t you know who I am Milford.

The Milf - and he wasn’t - would swan in, his lovingly coiffured locks flowing behind him, wearing his designer rain coat - you could tell it was designer as he didn’t unpick the little label that was stitched on the cuff. 

Nowadays I think EFL officials are assessed remotely. Might be wrong but I wanted to tell my Milf story in any case…. ?

?.

No, there will be an assessor at the game. They will also use tv footage when concluding their marks etc.

14 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Roger to a tee. So unlike Ed Morrison the international rugby ref from Bristol.

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

?.

No, there will be an assessor at the game. They will also use tv footage when concluding their marks etc.

I’ve checked with my man. No assessors present any more at PL or Chumpionship. All done remotely by a committee. Perhaps that’s where it’s all gone to pot.

Assessors now only in Leagues 1 & 2. And “up the Downs”. ?

Anyway I’m just pleased I was able to tell me Milf story! ??

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I’ve checked with my man. No assessors present any more at PL or Chumpionship. All done remotely by a committee. Perhaps that’s where it’s all gone to pot.

Assessors now only in Leagues 1 & 2. And “up the Downs”. ?

Anyway I’m just pleased I was able to tell me Milf story! ??

Crikey, I didn’t realise that, I presumed it was the same for all 92 grounds. Thanks  for that, I’ve learned something today ?

On 15/10/2022 at 20:17, GrahamC said:

Not sure where you sit Graham, but from the Lansdown I thought the most obvious one was an attempted elbow on Scott. Down near half way near the touchline. Everyone around us could see it, it was that obvious. 4th official should have seen it , if not the Line or Ref, but nothing .

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure where you sit Graham, but from the Lansdown I thought the most obvious one was an attempted elbow on Scott. Down near half way near the touchline. Everyone around us could see it, it was that obvious. 4th official should have seen it , if not the Line or Ref, but nothing .

Yep, saw that from LS too…and then off the resultant bouncing ball, Scott got sandwiched and they got the f/k.

• Like 1

I think the bookings were will have been for the scuffle itself, which the ref obviously saw, however didn't see the full incident.  The two were still going at it when the referee eventually saw it and got over to them.  So although he didn't see the cause he did see them engaging in "ungentlemanly conduct" and can only imagine that's why they were booked.

Quite why they received a free kick though I have absolutely no idea.  That was just bizarre considering the ball was on the opposite side of the pitch at the time!

But apparently the standard of officials has improved, so we've been told....!