IGNORED

Reading away match thread

16 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I’m so worried about us. There don’t seem to be any stand out poor teams in this division like there have been in the past two seasons that have kept us away from relegation worries. Everybody seems to be picking up points…. Including us for now, but if we fall into a routine of playing like this, we are gonna be nervously looking over our shoulders.

Win one , lose one throughout the season gives us mid table which seems to be where we are at the moment. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Imagine your angle if he’d changed the team and lost. 

I think it’s fair to say if you’re beating him with a ‘unchanged after an excellent win’ stick then you’d find a stick to beat him with regardless.

Nobody is beating him with that stick although it seems like you want people to for a strange reason,just imagine from your angle if he would of changed it and we won today,would you be saying his a genius or not 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Win one , lose one throughout the season gives us mid table which seems to be where we are at the moment. 

Fundamentally we are a midtable type side IMO. The performance level today was frustrating though, of course you will get these games but of course tough days especially on the road will occur but how we lose is quite important.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I didn't really notice in the first half but certainly for much of the second half Pearson was sat down. Curtis and ? were doing all the touchline stuff. 

Pearson was either bored, run out of ideas or couldn't give a toss. Maybe all three. 

The first 20, Pearson was the most animated I think I’ve ever seen him. Second half after making all his subs he didn’t get out his seat. Probably a ‘done all i can’ move 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

In the same way there aren’t that many standout teams either, one good stat from Robins TV is that QPR points total being top at the moment is the lowest for a number of years (although I can’t recall exactly how many he said). No one is shit enough for instant relegation and no-one is walking it.

Since 1988 apparently i.e. 34years!

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Nobody is beating him with that stick although it seems like you want people to for a strange reason,just imagine from your angle if he would of changed it and we won today,would you be saying his a genius or not 

If I’d have asked you before the game what team you’d play, I guarantee you’d have stuck with the same team. Of course you’ll never admit it because you like the benefit of hindsight. 

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I didn't really notice in the first half but certainly for much of the second half Pearson was sat down. Curtis and ? were doing all the touchline stuff. 

Pearson was either bored, run out of ideas or couldn't give a toss. Maybe all three. 

He does seem to look lost when change of tactics required during games and usually does a wholesale change rather than a tinker. I believe he said he wasn't a coach but a manager at one-point a while back. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Some were moaning about Naismith, we need him back Asap.

we need him for vision, passing and drive.

OH and freekick and corner taking because everyone else in the squad are shite at both.

They were today. 

However, Naismith was as much of the problem as the solution, even with his dead ball delivery. 

That was just Jekel and Hyde stuff against a team that defended deep. Utterly indefensible. At least Pring did something in his twenty odd minutes, not much but something. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

If I’d have asked you before the game what team you’d play, I guarantee you’d have stuck with the same team. Of course you’ll never admit it because you like the benefit of hindsight. 

That is fair.

Personally I would have brought in Kalas for Atkinson, Conway for Semenyo, and I said as much on my thread midweek. 

Not wholesale changes, but ones that could have been argued for. 

That said it wouldn't have mad any difference today.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I can prove you wrong but obviously I will not post private messages on here between mates so you are correct,I’m no captain hindsight though trust me

Can someone who was there tell me if we were really that good at WBA?  Or was it the Pearson fanboys who were overselling it?

The only thing is, I watched Millwall (live) and now Reading (online) and we were beyond awful in both.

The problem is not the players who, early season, were playing some great football.  Now, we seem to think bringing on Martin (and hence per-force having to entirely change the way we play) is the answer...which rather shows how poor Pearson is.

34 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Again look at the post I was responding to.   Without context it looks wholly negative.

Yes- it does look that way.

My point has been and is that people  can't have it both ways....... 'We are a rubbish team with no talent "get rid" 'when we're doing badly and something which is beyond Nige's control yet when we have the odd game when we look very impressive(and we do) that it's totally down to Nige and his skill as a Manager.

In my opinion, neither the team nor the Manager look anything other than below average the majority of the time. We are not improving and this season after 17 games are looking increasingly suspect. The goals which were flowing have dried up and the mistakes are still legion.

It's just my opinion but the performances and results tell their own story.

3 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Can someone who was there tell me if we were really that good at WBA?  Or was it the Pearson fanboys who were overselling it?

The only thing is, I watched Millwall (live) and now Reading (online) and we were beyond awful in both.

The problem is not the players who, early season, were playing some great football.  Now, we seem to think bringing on Martin (and hence per-force having to entirely change the way we play) is the answer...which rather shows how poor Pearson is.

West Brom are awful and it was a fully deserved win 

At West Brom we scored & had something to fight for. We were flying into challenges there but scored twice from our only shots on target. We were more careful in possession. 

Today we were slow moving the ball, careless with the ball and seemed very lethargic. We were also lightweight and lost most of the 50/50s. A completely different performance from Tuesday with only Williams at it from start 

Gutless performance, second to every ball again today.  Looks like our players have taken sedatives.

We were 1-0 down for 30 minutes and still couldn't manage a shot on target even though we subbed oyr forward line.

Another festival of sideways and passing backwards and no creativity coming from our midfield. We can't defend corners and we can't attack corners either.

It's bloody awful.

Yes. I was there at West Brom. 
We played well. It was as good a performance as we’ve seen from this squad. 
That said, it was typical of this squad that it was a bit “hare em scare em” at times. Where we were again good going forward and looked a threat, but we’re always likely to let one in too. 
West Brom of last season would have won the game. They hit the bar twice, they blazed 3 glorious chances over the bar, could’ve had a penalty, etc. 

That’s football though. We got the lucky breaks on that day, but West Brom were well below what you’d expect of them. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Today we were slow moving the ball, careless with the ball and seemed very lethargic. We were also lightweight and lost most of the 50/50s. A completely different performance from Tuesday with only Williams at it from start 

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Gutless performance, second to every ball again today.  Looks like our players have taken sedatives.

Feels like this is becoming a bit of a worrying trend.

We didn't really get started v Millwall, the less said about Birmingham away the better and the 1st half v QPR was rather lax?

That said having checked back we actually had some early chances and or attacking play in the 2 home games before fading badly!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Pring needs to start next game. He made a difference today & has so much more desire to affect the game than Dasilva.

I’d swap Sykes out aswell - neither him or Dasilva ever have any interest in beating their man. Considering both are meant to be wing backs & therefore two of our attacking outlets then it is no surprise we struggle to create anything.

Edited by Cardy
  • Like 6
33 minutes ago, RedM said:

I find it incredible that stuff like this genuinely bothers some people.

And to suggest his reason for being sat down is that he's "bored, run out of ideas, or couldn't give a toss" is just ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Pring needs to start next game. He has so much more desire to affect the game than Dasilva.

I’d swap Sykes out aswell - neither him or Dasilva ever have any interest in beating their man. Considering both are meant to be wing backs & therefore two of our attacking outlets then it is no surprise we struggle to create anything.

Spot on & Pring did more in 20 mins than Jay did. Wing backs are 100% our problem as essential that their delivery is spot on but both JD and Sykes rarely deliver. If they were on bonuses for hitting the first man they’d be millionaires! 

• Like 5