IGNORED

Devon derby

ralphindevon

Anyone watching the Devon derby tonight?

I must say I slightly prefer Exeter to Plymouth but would be happy to see a Devon side in the championship and Plymouth are on the right tracks so far.

I’m expecting a big performance from our old player Joe Edwards, he likes a big game as shown in last season’s cup tie v Chelsea. Last season’s player of the year, he’s been a popular player down at Home Park in the last 3 seasons.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Exeter all the way for me, I remember Plymouth fans being absolute knobs when they got promoted in 2004 and we didn’t. Some even stopped at the Gate early one morning with a banner saying D2 Champions the season afterwards. A very special bunch.

Yeah, in my many visits to Plymouth to watch City I think the best I’ve seen is a 0-0. First game under Denis Smith if my memory is correct.

Then there was that game when they wouldn’t let the city fans off the train, so not brilliant memories. 

1 minute ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Plymouth have always ******* hated us and the gas, but we’ve never tended to give too much of a shit about them. Not exactly a Derby even if they are south west. So why such hostility? Jealous? 

I’ve always found their hatred for us quite amusing more than anything. Our main rivals are the sags and Cardiff always have been and always will be, Plymouth are a complete irrelevance to me and 90% of our fans and i actually wouldn’t mind seeing them back in the a Championship to be fair.

• Like 1

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Plymouth have always ******* hated us and the gas, but we’ve never tended to give too much of a shit about them. Not exactly a Derby even if they are south west. So why such hostility? Jealous? 

Have done a fair bit of work down that way over the years , got on well with a fair few of there fans and seem a decent bunch but don’t be fooled that dislike us more than Rovers , one story that told me about was that they arrived early for a Tuesday night game and we’re sat drinking in bemmy in a pub they thought was called The black inn ( I assume the Black cat ) had been drinking in therefor an hour or so minding there own business then out of nowhere about 30 city come in and wiped the floor with them ( there words ) it wasn’t even 5 o clock they thought city fans were all still at work.  Hence one of the reasons they don’t like us . 
they have never bothered me tbh