IGNORED

Devon derby

ralphindevon

1 minute ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Commentator just said tomorrow nights game just up the road?!

Would like to see him walk from Plymouth just up the road to Bristol ?

I know, I’m not even looking forward to driving from south Devon to Bristol and back tomorrow if the weather’s going to be like this. 

Great advert for League One and both Devon clubs. Quality and passion on the pitch and on the terraces in “classic” football weather.Would  like to think City have got their eye on a few players on both sides. 
Looks Plymouth’s game now but Exeter plenty to be proud of. 

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I know, I’m not even looking forward to driving from south Devon to Bristol and back tomorrow if the weather’s going to be like this. 

You and me both!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

I’ve always found their hatred for us quite amusing more than anything. Our main rivals are the sags and Cardiff always have been and always will be, Plymouth are a complete irrelevance to me and 100% of our fans and i actually wouldn’t mind seeing them back in the a Championship to be fair.

Fixed that for you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Yeah, in my many visits to Plymouth to watch City I think the best I’ve seen is a 0-0. First game under Denis Smith if my memory is correct.

Then there was that game when they wouldn’t let the city fans off the train, so not brilliant memories. 

I've seen us win there, '66  1-0  Jack Connor header from a Peters corner, last minute of first half !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Argyle have been known to implode as the season goes on but they look genuine contenders this season. Good luck to them……until May that is.

Screw that, if it's them or Ipswich I'd choose the POPs everytime

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, One Team said:

He’s superb, wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve had a look. 

52 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

@Harryand @Davefevshave been raving about him for a couple of years now.

Yes indeed. I actually bloody love Cooper. I think he’s superb. 
Our ship may have sailed though. There are prem clubs looking at him, although the consensus at that level seems to suggest he’s too small. 
Sod that. If you don’t want him, I’ll have him. No problem. 

Thought it was a fantastic game tonight, especially given the weather. Stansfield was excellent. I really enjoyed Collins and Kite’s performances in midfield. 
2 of my Exeter faves Key & Diabate had poor games though. In Diabate’s defence, he’s been out injured for months and this probably wasn’t the game to bring him on and reintroduce him. 

As for Plymouth. Thought they were generally 2nd best for most of the game but they had the extra quality up front and took their chances well. Hardie and Whittaker both very good. And of course, they’ve got the best keeper in the land. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

I'm looking forward to the game. Morgan Whittaker looks a player.

Reminds me a bit of Tom Ince, quite upright in how he plays.  Has shown quality every time I’ve seen him this season.

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Exeter have about 4/5 players who have been with them since their early youth days. Great to see these lads now playing at this level.

Archie Collins the goal scorer for Exeter is a Bridgwater lad. You wouldn’t meet a nicer down to earth lad.

I did some stats for Harry and the boys ahead of the weekend.  I like him.

6E4462FA-E883-4429-8FE2-68112793261D.thumb.png.b238ed069cc76d41dd870e7f197c645a.png

Thought he and Kite had good games, but Plymouth’s pair Houghton and Randall had the more quality around them to shade the battle.  Harry likes Houghton, I like Randall.

1 hour ago, One Team said:

He’s superb, wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve had a look. 

By the time I’d finished reading this thread, I see Harry has replied!!  Harry has been “on him” longer than me.  But he’s “clean”, he doesn’t make errors, and for someone so young, that’s huge.  One of the few keepers I wouldn’t worry about size with.  Normal adage of a “good big un is better than a good small one” doesn’t apply with Cooper.

He’s out of our reach financially as it stands.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

@Harryand @Davefevshave been raving about him for a couple of years now.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

⬇️⬇️⬇️ as above Harry a longer admirer than me.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

He knows how to finish, Hardie

@redcherryberrywas discussing him over the summer with me, he gave Klose and Vyner a tough game at Home Park, pre-season.  Clever movement.  Knows how to play close enough to his marker without being marked…if that makes sense.

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes indeed. I actually bloody love Cooper. I think he’s superb. 
Our ship may have sailed though. There are prem clubs looking at him, although the consensus at that level seems to suggest he’s too small. 
Sod that. If you don’t want him, I’ll have him. No problem. 

Thought it was a fantastic game tonight, especially given the weather. Stansfield was excellent. I really enjoyed Collins and Kite’s performances in midfield. 
2 of my Exeter faves Key & Diabate had poor games though. In Diabate’s defence, he’s been out injured for months and this probably wasn’t the game to bring him on and reintroduce him. 

As for Plymouth. Thought they were generally 2nd best for most of the game but they had the extra quality up front and took their chances well. Hardie and Whittaker both very good. And of course, they’ve got the best keeper in the land. 

I like Nombe.  Bit raw, but interested to watch him develop (late developer at 24).  Doubts over his finishing last season, but he was in and out of the team.  This season….

image.thumb.png.837e3f0b675395e0e8aa451f582870b4.png

Both sides are teams we should be all over their youngsters from a scouting perspective, and forging ties re loans too (assuming they’d want any of our young players as they produce enough of their own in Exeter’s case)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TomF said:

I remember 2003 well.  Proper nervy 1-0 thanks to fairly early Peacock strike iirc 

Yeah, we seem to play at Home Park almost every week! Made many a trip down there.  I remember when Marvin Elliot went off injured on a wet day, Shaun Taylor getting skinned and we lost 2-0 I think but probably not the same game - my memory isn’t so clear as some others are…….………:sad26:

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I remember 2003 well.  Proper nervy 1-0 thanks to fairly early Peacock strike iirc 

From what I recall, Plymouth absolutely battered us that day and we managed to scrape a 1-0 win somehow. Not long after they went on a crazy run of results which set them clear of the rest in the League