IGNORED

Pearson on Reda Khadra

And Its Smith

A bit of a bizarre rant about another teams player here from Nige and he seems a bit bitter not to have got Reda Khadra in the summer on loan. 

When asked what he thought about Sheffield United changing system in the first half, he said:

"I don't think it was about us.  It was about a player who has been a huge disappointment since he's been there.  It was more to do with them thinking 'any chance of him running around'? It was quite a brave decision to hook him off.  We tried to get him in the summer. We know he's high maintenance and a bit of a character, but a very talented boy. We were very interested in taking him. His agent, or whoever it was, decided he should go to Sheffield United. I bet he wishes he should have come to us."

Very odd.  Pearson does let himself down at times with stuff like this. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A bit of a bizarre rant about another teams player here from Nige and he seems a bit bitter not to have got Reda Khadra in the summer on loan. 

When asked what he thought about Sheffield United changing system in the first half, he said:

"I don't think it was about us.  It was about a player who has been a huge disappointment since he's been there.  It was more to do with them thinking 'any chance of him running around'? It was quite a brave decision to hook him off.  We tried to get him in the summer. We know he's high maintenance and a bit of a character, but a very talented boy. We were very interested in taking him. His agent, or whoever it was, decided he should go to Sheffield United. I bet he wishes he should have come to us."

I don't see it as a rant, just an observation as to why they changed things. Seems fair enough to me. 

• Like 19

Here's a link for those that want it:

Nigel Pearson's astonishing bitter attack on Sheffield United's 'high maintenance' Reda Khadra - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

Perhaps this is an example of a player Pearson wanted who fits the "maverick" description. 

Re his comments, probably just a mix of emotions after the result - he's only human

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How come we could have afforded him but not a CB? 

We signed Naismith, that was our CB.

Worth pointing out too that Baker is on the payroll this season, so is Kalas. 

That’s a fair chunk of wages tied up.

• Like 4

This will be seen in three ways, those who are seemingly in the Pearson ‘ out ‘ brigade, who will use it one way, those in the Pearson ‘ in ‘ brigade, who will say he’s said nothing wrong & those who just see it as it is, which is obviously strange. Has anyone ever heard another manager comment on a substitution/formation change & referenced an opposition player not running? Bizarre thing for Nige to comment on. That will be Khadras motivation for the away game sorted, unless Nige convinces him to come here in January obviously! COYR 

1 hour ago, CheddarReds said:

Here's a link for those that want it:

Nigel Pearson's astonishing bitter attack on Sheffield United's 'high maintenance' Reda Khadra - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

Perhaps this is an example of a player Pearson wanted who fits the "maverick" description. 

Re his comments, probably just a mix of emotions after the result - he's only human

Flesh and blood , a man. 

• Like 1

Maybe just using it as a way to reinforce messages;

- we were looking at loans in the summer (this one, maybe others) but they didn’t get done, so stop saying “I don’t like loans”

- how an ex-PL team are further up the pecking order than us (not shit Sherlock) and recruitment isn’t a case of just getting who you want

- any players we are contacting re potential loan in January, City might be a better option for you

- about needing the odd “maverick” in your squad 

He was asked the Question re the Khadra sub / tactical change, and he answered it…and gave us some “nice” info in the process!  I thought Khadra looked dangerous, and was quicker than Pring…but assume Nige must’ve heard Heckingbottom moaning about him not doing his yards in the other direction.

It probably is a bit out of order some of the things said, but tame compared to the lack of class pretty much every week from Barton.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

This will be seen in three ways, those who are seemingly in the Pearson ‘ out ‘ brigade, who will use it one way, those in the Pearson ‘ in ‘ brigade, who will say he’s said nothing wrong & those who just see it as it is, which is obviously strange. Has anyone ever heard another manager comment on a substitution/formation change & referenced an opposition player not running? Bizarre thing for Nige to comment on. That will be Khadras motivation for the away game sorted, unless Nige convinces him to come here in January obviously! COYR 

Yeah, me. I have. Jimmy Sirrel did this years ago, when we went 4-2-4 from 4-4-2, and something about Forbes Phillipson-Masters not running (very fast). 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe just using it as a way to reinforce messages;

- we were looking at loans in the summer (this one, maybe others) but they didn’t get done, so stop saying “I don’t like loans”

- how an ex-PL team are further up the pecking order than us (not shit Sherlock) and recruitment isn’t a case of just getting who you want

- any players we are contacting re potential loan in January, City might be a better option for you

- about needing the odd “maverick” in your squad 

He was asked the Question re the Khadra sub / tactical change, and he answered it…and gave us some “nice” info in the process!  I thought Khadra looked dangerous, and was quicker than Pring…but assume Nige must’ve heard Heckingbottom moaning about him not doing his yards in the other direction.

It probably is a bit out of order some of the things said, but tame compared to the lack of class pretty much every week from Barton.

Let’s not set Barton as the bar!!

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t think commenting on other teams players is particularly classy. 

But your opening line was that he was asked about the changes Sheff United made

So he's answered the questiuon, nothing else to see here, personally don't see any rant

What do you think he was ranting about?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

He elaborates on this in some detail in today's press conference. Starts below. He repeats some of this stuff but also describes Khadra as "a match winner" and again shows that some of his ire is directed at Khadra's agent. Yeh he seems pissed off that the deal didn't go through in the summer. That's fair. @CheddarReds he also says that yes Khadra is the kind of 'maverick' he's looking out for.

PS. Also worth going to 02:48 in the above for a truly shocking piece where Pearson compliments a journalist and calls him a "very kind man". The scoundrel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Hasn’t let himself down ?

I think he's being open to our fanbase by sharing that we were in the market for loans, but only for the right players. 

I'm glad he has stated this publicly, as it shows that he wants specific players, rather than working through a long list and instead ending up with option X,Y or Z. 

I also think it's him sticking two fingers up towards some agents, as perhaps he feels in this case that the player would have been better suited to us. 

I did think it was an odd loan at the time, as Khadra did very well on loan at Blackburn when player as a winger. Whilst Sheffield United don't play with wingers, they instead use wing-backs. 

I think this is a subtle indication that Nige would like to move to a 4-3-3 where possible. But we don't have the correct players currently. 

He's been left out of the match day squads last two games.

I notice his loan includes an obligation to buy after a certain number of appearances ( don't know how many that is ) or if Sheff Utd win promotion.

If Scott goes, he could be a replacement. 

NP says his strengths are man management. I guess his reputation could test this. 

A compilation.

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

He's been left out of the match day squads last two games.

I notice his loan includes an obligation to buy after a certain number of appearances ( don't know how many that is ) or if Sheff Utd win promotion.

If Scott goes, he could be a replacement. 

NP says his strengths are man management. I guess his reputation could test this. 

A compilation.

He's nothing like Scott tho? More of a winger / attacking mid, don't think he can play centre mid in the same way Scott can.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DaveF said:

He's nothing like Scott tho? More of a winger / attacking mid, don't think he can play centre mid in the same way Scott can.

48 minutes ago, Vidal said:

He is a winger who joined a Sheff Utd side who play 352, it’s no surprise it didn’t work for him there. Why would we sign someone who has struggled so badly in the same formation that we play, doesn’t make much sense to me.

Here are his stats and position rating/ summary.

Mainly an AM...used as a winger or forward. Versatile player.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/reda-khadra/profil/spieler/405686 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/409093/Show/Reda-Khadra

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Reda Khadra

Nice wine

Either you were joking or you were perhaps referring (seriously) to a Moroccan red wine, not a country renowned for its viticulture.

Another country in that area, not particularly known for its wines, is Lebanon, from where, some years ago, I had probably one of the best, if not the best, red wines I have ever had the pleasure to drink; a Chateau Musar from the Bekaa Valley.

I kid you not, it was absolutely fantastic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Either you were joking or you were perhaps referring (seriously) to a Moroccan red wine, not a country renowned for its viticulture.

Another country in that area, not particularly known for its wines, is Lebanon, from where, some years ago, I had probably one of the best, if not the best, red wines I have ever had the pleasure to drink; a Chateau Musar from the Bekaa Valley.

Good knowledge but will they have it in Tescos?!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Having lived and worked in Morocco for a few years I was very surprised as to the quality of some of their wines. Not all I might add !!  Never tried the Lebanese hooch but will certainly try when I can.

Will be in Oman at the end of January. Do they have anything worthwhile ?

Edited by BigTone