IGNORED

Lee Johnson

23 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I wouldn't say it was an obsession, but rather the satisfaction that comes with being able to say 'told you'. ? More seriously - in modern times he was a hugely consequential Bristol City manager, given the keys to the kingdom, always a divisive appointment, wasn't up to the job but was given what seemed like an age to prove himself, squandered the opportunity, left us in a mess.

I’m not getting into the debate about his time here because that would just make my point!

But I still find it hard to believe that after three years, two managers, a complete change of squad and a pandemic - and he still generates three of our top 7 discussions this evening. I’d call that obsessive! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I’m not getting into the debate about his time here because that would just make my point!

But I still find it hard to believe that after three years, two managers, a complete change of squad and a pandemic - and he still generates three of our top 7 discussions this evening. I’d call that obsessive! 

haha - you have a point...but then again maybe there's not much else to write about this evening!

Unless speculation over the likely traumas of digital ticketing, the shade of blue, the size of the collar or the shape of the robin take one's fancy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I was never too fussed on him either way, but devil’s advocate, is it all that weird for people to still discuss one of the longest serving managers the clubs ever had from time to time? Will probably disappear from minds soon again after we’re 3-0 up against Preston after 25 minutes next Saturday 

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

haha - you have a point...but then again maybe there's not much else to write about this evening!

Unless speculation over the likely traumas of digital ticketing, the shade of blue, the size of the collar or the shape of the robin take one's fancy...

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I was never too fussed on him either way, but devil’s advocate, is it all that weird for people to still discuss one of the longest serving managers the clubs ever had from time to time? Will probably disappear from minds soon again after we’re 3-0 up against Preston after 25 minutes next Saturday 

Yeah, fair comment: it is the close season - and no WC or EC this year. Hopefully you’re right and once the season gets underway……. But I still wouldn’t bet against his name cropping up from time to time! 

• Like 2

This made me chuckle - post match quote from LJ:
‘I don't want to give excuses because we just weren't good enough, but the altitude seemed a bit of a problem in terms of the lads getting a breath in.‘

Be surprised if they don’t turn it around in the second leg though. 

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I wouldn't have thought he'd be out of minds as that's a prime candidate for a Johnson 3-3

• Haha 5

Nice reply from Little Lee when asked for his opinion on BBC post match............'it was disappointing wasn't it"?   ?  I think he said there were altitude problems, but could have been meaning attitude?  Ha!!

Edited by maxjak

• Admin
48 minutes ago, eardun said:

‘I don't want to give excuses because we just weren't good enough, but the altitude seemed a bit of a problem in terms of the lads getting a breath in.‘

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, glynriley said:

When boo just isn’t enough…****ing Boo ?

Found it 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I heard that too, ha ha. 
Can’t remember the guys name, Scottish comedian. Did that on Mock The Week a number of years ago 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

53 minutes ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Don't worry Hibs fans, I'm sure he will pick a team he can trust for the second leg...

This used to wind me up when he said that and I used to think well its your players and your squad. Having said that wasn't it MA who essentially decided who we brought in and LJ just ok'd it? 

3 hours ago, eardun said:

My god I don’t miss that bollocks post match.

• Like 5

Hibs fans not happy!

" we are managed by a clown . A complete charlatan, make no mistake . David Marshall sold the jerseys a few times in the 2nd half of the season . It is obvious the guy is past it , but LJ hasn’t the balls to drop him .
LJ tells us before the game , that our opponents are a big physical team , so he starts 8 stone soaking wet , crisp packet in the wind , Melkerson. The guy has proved time and time again he just does not have the ability or brains to manage Hibs . His slavering is becoming legendary, and he is turning us into a joke outfit."

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, eardun said:

Andorra play at about 1000m in the Pyrenees. Whilst that isn’t considered “high altitude” (compared with, say, the issues in Bolivia) it is probably high enough to have a minor effect on breathing, so it’s likely to be a valid point.

• Like 2