IGNORED

Lee Johnson

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He played 4 games for Hearts, very different to Big Eck or Rafa who managed the other side of the City.

Pulis, cough spit!

I’m sure LJ will be back in a job pretty quick, it’s the nature of football.  He’ll probably surprise most of us at what level he gets a job at.  For me, he needs to find a team with bigger all money, and show what he can do with what he has.

Welcome back Lee :) 

Lansdown's leaving Guernsey as we speak to get it sorted ?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He played 4 games for Hearts, very different to Big Eck or Rafa who managed the other side of the City.

Pulis, cough spit!

I’m sure LJ will be back in a job pretty quick, it’s the nature of football.  He’ll probably surprise most of us at what level he gets a job at.  For me, he needs to find a team with bigger all money, and show what he can do with what he has.

Like when he started at Oldham?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

You can just see it being Lansdown’s final legacy can’t you?

“Maggie, I’m gonna give the boy one more chance.”

Mods - just a suggestion, could we have a new emoji such as this? I don't feel that the existing ones do justice to the above suggestion

The Scream, 1893 by Edvard Munch

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

With his Hearts connections Hibs was a ridiculous move like McLeish going to Villa or Benitez to Everton or Pulis coming to City can definitely see Yeovil but probably not yet ...he should go to League One and rebuild his career properly.

I honestly can’t see him getting a gig in League One. Think it will have to be league two, possibly even National League.

A big fish in National League may not be a bad spot for Lee. Gives him the opportunity to rebuild his managerial career. Or build…as it’s been a poor 10 year career so far.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I honestly can’t see him getting a gig in League One. Think it will have to be league two, possibly even National League.

A big fish in National League may not be a bad spot for Lee. Gives him the opportunity to rebuild his managerial career. Or build…as it’s been a poor 10 year career so far.

He’ll probably get a new job at the Swindon branch 

22 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Deffo not L2 or conference… but highly doubt he will get offers from a L1 club he’d happily want to take. Would put money on going abroad. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Coach said:

The joke is it may well have been a poor career so far but the guys been handsomely rewarded for all of it!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Torquay losing at home to Braintree at HT. 

Could Gary become the third ex Bristol City manager and the 2nd Johnson to be sacked in just over 24 hours

Won in the end and up to 4th, be good to see another promotion for GJ before he calls it a day. 

• Like 2

If I were him, I think I would hit the property development harder. Has a proven track record there, with much easier bang for your buck. Why the dickens would you put yourself through the travails of football management, when a great alternative is on offer where you do have a history of success...

Edited by GlastonburyRed
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Won in the end and up to 4th, be good to see another promotion for GJ before he calls it a day. 

Yes they seem to be a second half team, very uninspiring games so far according to a lot of fans but have sneaked a few wins on the trot now. 

He lives another day 

Edited by ralphindevon
  • Like 1

Just now, One Team said:

Have heard similar Ralph, but also the Torquay fans I know still want GJ in. 

True, its always the one's wanting to change that shout the loudest.

I think the money he's on paying him off would be mad and wouldn't leave them with any money to get anyone else of that calibre in

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

If I were him, I think I would hit the property development harder. Has a proven track record there, with much easier bang for your buck. Why the dickens would you put yourself through the travails of football management, when a great alternative is on offer where you do have a history of success...

Because he has 1 of the best football brains in the business, according to himself 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Probably not a good time to be going into property development, I think that ship may have sailed at least for a while.