IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

27 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

It was a well worked goal, and he showed great composure with rounding the keeper and finishing - Wouldnt necessarily  call it special either.  Problem is, he’s a global superstar so anything the guy does is hyped. 

Yea a good goal but special certainly not. Seen plenty of those scored at all levels of the game. 

But yea because its Neymar, because its Brazil they just throw in this words to make it seem better than it actually was. 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea. I've seen people round the keeper on the downs. You? 

Picks the ball up 30 yards from goal ,immediate intent , two brilliant wall passes on the move , straight through the middle of their defence , keeps his balance despite a defender trying to take him out , and still has the balance and quick feet to round the keeper

Bet you’ve done better on fifa though

Caught Tim Vickery talking on R. 5 as I drove to Tesco. A good south American pundit slash expert but you could hear it in his voice. Sick as a parrot. I heard him last week confidently predicting they would lift the trophy. Gotta love football. 

Bye-bye Brazeeeel, here's hoping your neighbours follow you home tonight.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

Two minor points.

Traditionally if a game is played at a neutral venue, the teams are named alphabetically, but today we have Cro v Bra and Ned v Arg.

Anyone else noticed the flags of neutral nations in the crowd? There's been several Algerian flags at several games and I've seen two Turkish flags (or maybe one at two different games. Incredibly though I've also spotted one Lebanese flag and (I had to look it up) a Tajikistan flag.