IGNORED

Nick Anderton : Rovers player diagnosed with cancer

Fordy62

The support he got from both the Rovers and City fans showed how much the football community can come together in times such as the desperate health issues that Nick Anderton experienced. 

I remember seeing a fundraising “head shave” on the local news with players and fans volunteering to undergo the head shave with the barber wearing a City shirt - it was great to see.

Good to see that’s he’s back in football.

• Like 1

Afternoon all.

As a gashead I’m aware how sound you have all been about Nick so I thought I’d give you a heads up that on under the cosh podcast (big Jon Parkin is one of those hosts) may have seen Nick is this weeks guest.

You’ll probably want to forward through circa 20 to 45 minutes as it’s all about our promotion season 🤣 however after that it’s incredible.

I’ve just finished listening to it and it is both a tough and inspirational listen.

I’m still in shock at what he’s said about how bad he became last April, my god. Looks like it’s was extremely touch and go.

A quote  “I got moved to a cancer ward out of the way that night and thought this is it” 

Apologies I can’t post the link for those that want to watch / listen it’s on you tube. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10

4 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Afternoon all.

As a gashead I’m aware how sound you have all been about Nick so I thought I’d give you a heads up that on under the cosh podcast (big Jon Parkin is one of those hosts) may have seen Nick is this weeks guest.

You’ll probably want to forward through circa 20 to 45 minutes as it’s all about our promotion season 🤣 however after that it’s incredible.

I’ve just finished listening to it and it is both a tough and inspirational listen.

I’m still in shock at what he’s said about how bad he became last April, my god. Looks like it’s was extremely touch and go.

A quote  “I got moved to a cancer ward out of the way that night and thought this is it” 

Apologies I can’t post the link for those that want to watch / listen it’s on you tube. 

So pleased to hear matters are progressing, sadly, C is becoming more and more common, and like many of us, when you face your own mortality for the first time in your life, it’s terrifying..

• Like 3

• Admin
59 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Afternoon all.

Here it is 👍

• Like 1

My wife is recovering from sarcoma on her hip so I know how life-changing the physical and life changing impact can be as it's left her from running 5k to barley being able to walk. He has my full respect and I hope for an ongoing speedy recovery.

The one highlight she had during what has been a very challenging couple of years was a very famous music star from the 80s (I'll keep his name private) was being treated on the same ward in Oxford when she had her last operation and she got really excited that his gown was open on the back as he went down the corridor past her room for his op so she got an eyefull.

Edited by Crackers Corner
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

The one highlight she had during what has been a very challenging couple of years was a very famous music star from the 80s (I'll keep his name private) was being treated on the same ward in Oxford when she had her last operation and she got really excited that his gown was open on the back as he went down the corridor past her room for his op so she got an eyefull.

Very best wishes to the Mrs. Your username is very apt for her experience that day 😏

• Haha 1