IGNORED

WBA at home match thread

47 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Johnson and Ashtons legacy isn’t strong enough now to be used as an excuse imo

Take a look at the accounts, their legacy is still very evident and will be for some time to come. It's going to take at least as long to fix the damage as it took to create it, whoever the manager is.

• Like 12
44 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Take a look at the accounts, their legacy is still very evident and will be for some time to come. It's going to take at least as long to fix the damage as it took to create it, whoever the manager is.

Just hope we don't get any kind of points deduction or FFP sanctions on top of the current issues. If not now then down the track.

I am less worried than I was but it doesn't strike me as a done deal that we are clear.

2 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

To me it sounds like a narcissistic twonk.

Haha we're not at home, it's the fans fault we're crap 

Is this where we are now.. jesus christ 

If that’s really what he’s saying he should walk tonight. Absolutely nothing for the fans to get excited for today, it was worse than dire it was boring. I wasn’t even angry.

Edited by luke_bristol
7 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

If that’s really what he’s saying he should walk tonight. Absolutely nothing for the fans to get excited for today, it was worse than dire it was boring. I wasn’t even angry.

He didn’t say that at all. He was saying that some of the young players wouldn’t have experienced the negativity & reaction from the fans that they did today & presumably that’s what he meant by it. Have to say I think he’s got a point. Some of those kids are 19/20 & the booing, in my opinion, shouldn’t have been directed at them or for that matter any of the players. Equally out of order was cheering one of our players going off injured. 

21 hours ago, maxjak said:

Home defeat on the cards?  Really hoping i am wrong...........but....if he continues to pick King at centre back, I cannot see us winning?

I get absolutely no pleasure from being correct, i am aware that it is not just about King.  But as soon as i saw the team sheet, i got my money down at 13/10 on a WBA win .  I am a realist, so i was pretty certain we would lose, the only reason i bet against us, is because a few quid lessens the blow?  Ha!   I have supported Pearson's  appointment up until now.........but after 22 months, I no longer trust him and his shrugging shoulders.  Changes are needed in the coaching staff and management, or we will continue to struggle IMHO.   I like NP, and he has done a good job up until now, but I cannot see him taking us any further, this is no knee-jerk reaction, just a realisation that his time is up.             

Edited by maxjak
52 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

He didn’t say that at all. He was saying that some of the young players wouldn’t have experienced the negativity & reaction from the fans that they did today & presumably that’s what he meant by it. Have to say I think he’s got a point. Some of those kids are 19/20 & the booing, in my opinion, shouldn’t have been directed at them or for that matter any of the players. Equally out of order was cheering one of our players going off injured. 

Did he mention effecting the young players in a different interview? He didn’t mention that in the interview on Twitter with the club man

I heard a comment today, in the Dolman, that made me look.

The comment was 'West Brom' move WITH the ball, we stop and then pass it'.

After 30 minutes, I totally agree with that comment. Receive ball, stop, pass ball. No running with the ball whatsoever.

Check yourselves next time.

Edited by Ska Junkie
4 hours ago, City_USA said:

Just listened to Barton's post match interview.

What an absolute belter. 

Classless 

Proves - there’s always someone, somewhere worse off than yourself.  Bristol Rovers!

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

Posted the “inheritance tax bill” Nige got on the weekly Sack Nige thread.  £45m, forty-effing-five million!!!  If we don’t get anything for Bentley, Dasilva, Massengo, Kalas and Moore, that’s £45m pissed down the drain.  In fact Palmer and Nagy cost us to move on. Eek! ?

@JBFC IIits very much still being cleared up.  3 and 4 year contracts take 3 and 4 years to wash through!!!

This summer the mess has virtually gone…apart from some of those years still get included in FFP.  Until then, unless a Scott, Semenyo or Conway get sold, we have bugger all to play with.

3 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Now hearing Pearson say “it might be a good thing for us to play away” in his post-match… just feels like the pressure is building (beyond the usual voices who want him to fail).

I’m sure the pressure is building…but did you listen to the rest of that passage of his interview?

• Like 1

They're professional footballers in their early 20s, not 9-year-olds at a school sports day.  If they do not expect booing to ensue after a crap performance, when the team is plunging downwards fast, then they don't know football culture very well.

Like any player, you have to suck it up, and let it inspire you to work harder and play better. Prove people wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

A terrible game. Within the first 15 minutes I knew we wouldn’t get a result. West Brom were tactically streets ahead, clearly better coached and had multiple plans. 

Once again Pearson persists with King at CB. Baffling.

Midfield a disgrace once again. People talk about our defence but the midfield is the biggest issue. Terrible defensively and offered nothing going forward.

I lose count regularly the amount of times they offer no protection to the back three.

No character in the team and a clueless dugout. He’s got to go.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Proves - there’s always someone, somewhere worse off than yourself.  Bristol Rovers!

Posted the “inheritance tax bill” Nige got on the weekly Sack Nige thread.  £45m, forty-effing-five million!!!  If we don’t get anything for Bentley, Dasilva, Massengo, Kalas and Moore, that’s £45m pissed down the drain.  In fact Palmer and Nagy cost us to move on. Eek! ?

@JBFC IIits very much still being cleared up.  3 and 4 year contracts take 3 and 4 years to wash through!!!

This summer the mess has virtually gone…apart from some of those years still get included in FFP.  Until then, unless a Scott, Semenyo or Conway get sold, we have bugger all to play with.

I’m sure the pressure is building…but did you listen to the rest of that passage of his interview?

Dave.........I don't think i have heard u be so pissed off? Do u think we need a change of manager or do we stick with NP?  He did say that the difference between our away win at WBA and yesterday, was that their manager was now "Getting the best out of his players".....that reflects to me, the obvious conclusion, that Pearson is most definitely NOT getting the best out of our's?  Playing last seasons top scorer at wing back is a prime example IMO. 

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

They're professional footballers in their early 20s, not 9-year-olds at a school sports day.  If they do not expect booing to ensue after a crap performance, when the team is plunging downwards fast, then they don't know football culture very well.

Like any player, you have to suck it up, and let it inspire you to work harder and play better. Prove people wrong. 

Like it’s seemingly ok for Nige to play hardball with players and throw them under the bus but then he complains if the crowd start getting uneasy with the team…

• Like 1

The players aren’t picking themselves in the wrong positions or deciding on the tactics, I’m saying the booing yesterday was misdirected. 

The players aren’t picking themselves in the wrong positions or deciding on the tactics, I’m saying the booing yesterday was misdirected. 

1 hour ago, Chrizzler said:

Personally, I don't boo. But I'll defend people who do.

At the end of the game, the booing shows people are very dissatisfied with the whole situation. Take it in tandem with the We Want Pearson Out, it is clear the manager is the main target of the displeasure.

At the same time, some players WERE crap and I'm certainly not going to applaud them. 

Pearson didn't tell Alex Scott to go out and be pushed off the ball easier than a schoolgirl; Pearson didn't tell Naismith to dither on the ball and get dispossessed for fun; Pearson didn't tell Vyner to watch the ball and not the man and get made to look foolish; Pearson didn't tell O'Leary to be rooted to his line with an attacker c;lean through - or wander out of his area when a shot from distance might've been expected.

Players have to take responsibility. They aren't untalented, but they can do better. 

That said, West Brom are a talented team who grievously underperformed under Steve Bruce and are now approaching where people expected them to be this season. Their second was a goal-of-the-week contender. Losing to them isn't entirely a shock. It's just another home loss coming on the back of other, less-forgivable defeats and we looked awful, which, as you say, wasn't helped by the manager's bizarre decisions. We had six minutes of extra time, but it didn't look like we'd score if we;d had six hours.

Fans pay good money and are supporters long-term, not just pros who move between clubs for money. It's our emotional investment. It's our history. Despite what they say, it's OUR club - not Pearson's or the players or Lansdown's.  It's our right to boo if we feel it's appropriate. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3