IGNORED

WBA at home match thread

49 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Personally, I don't boo. But I'll defend people who do.

At the end of the game, the booing shows people are very dissatisfied with the whole situation. Take it in tandem with the We Want Pearson Out, it is clear the manager is the main target of the displeasure.

At the same time, some players WERE crap and I'm certainly not going to applaud them. 

Pearson didn't tell Alex Scott to go out and be pushed off the ball easier than a schoolgirl; Pearson didn't tell Naismith to dither on the ball and get dispossessed for fun; Pearson didn't tell Vyner to watch the ball and not the man and get made to look foolish; Pearson didn't tell O'Leary to be rooted to his line with an attacker c;lean through - or wander out of his area when a shot from distance might've been expected.

Players have to take responsibility. They aren't untalented, but they can do better. 

That said, West Brom are a talented team who grievously underperformed under Steve Bruce and are now approaching where people expected them to be this season. Their second was a goal-of-the-week contender. Losing to them isn't entirely a shock. It's just another home loss coming on the back of other, less-forgivable defeats and we looked awful, which, as you say, wasn't helped by the manager's bizarre decisions. We had six minutes of extra time, but it didn't look like we'd score if we;d had six hours.

Fans pay good money and are supporters long-term, not just pros who move between clubs for money. It's our emotional investment. It's our history. Despite what they say, it's OUR club - not Pearson's or the players or Lansdown's.  It's our right to boo if we feel it's appropriate. 

All fair points, I think the main thing I didn’t like was the cheering when King went off  injured. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, maxjak said:

Dave.........I don't think i have heard u be so pissed off? Do u think we need a change of manager or do we stick with NP?  He did say that the difference between our away win at WBA and yesterday, was that their manager was now "Getting the best out of his players".....that reflects to me, the obvious conclusion, that Pearson is most definitely NOT getting the best out of our's?  Playing last seasons top scorer at wing back is a prime example IMO. 

I’m pissed off by a very poor performance.  I’m pissed off that we allowed a financial situation run away with itself and hamstring us for a long period.  I can happily be annoyed Nige picks King at CB, but still think he remains.  I think Nige has gone and stirred it up with last week’s press conference, if players didn’t know where they stand, they do now.

Jan window is really important, but I see it being a really tough one.  We need Kakas back, that’s not as a saviour, but just another proper first teamer to strengthen us.

Its gonna be fun on OTIB every game!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m pissed off by a very poor performance.  I’m pissed off that we allowed a financial situation run away with itself and hamstring us for a long period.  I can happily be annoyed Nige picks King at CB, but still think he remains.  I think Nige has gone and stirred it up with last week’s press conference, if players didn’t know where they stand, they do now.

Jan window is really important, but I see it being a really tough one.  We need Kakas back, that’s not as a saviour, but just another proper first teamer to strengthen us.

Its gonna be fun on OTIB every game!

Dave, are you pissed off ?  It's coming across that way.