IGNORED

WBA at home match thread

Just now, JBFC II said:

Considering Pearsons tactical decisions today, I’m not sure how much Johnson is affecting what we’ve seen this afternoon really. We have a decent enough squad now, and certainly one that should be putting in better performances than what we’ve seen today

Yes. But we don’t have the luxury of the strength in depth that Johnson should have had given his outlay. 

Im not saying Pearson has done a Sterling job, I’m saying financially Johnson crippled us. 

• Like 8
Just now, Fordy62 said:

Yes. But we don’t have the luxury of the strength in depth that Johnson should have had given his outlay. 

Im not saying Pearson has done a Sterling job, I’m saying financially Johnson crippled us. 

Got to blame the board, and Ashton. They are in charge of the purse strings

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Ah well, nearly time for the best bit of Christmas - the huge plate of leftovers.

I almost cried, had a £60 bottle of champers given to me for  Chrimbo, couldn't get the cork out and went to get something to help, as I went I heard a loud pop and half of the liquid exploded all over the table and floor.  And now have had to put up with listening to this rubbish. Not Fair!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, Fordy62 said:

Let's be honest though, any manager given free reign to spend spend spend would take it. Nige would too given the chance. The big portion of the blame has to go towards the people at the club who allowed a manager a bottomless pit of money with no though to future planning. 

• Like 3

FT 0-2, awful performance, for all but final 10 mins of first half. 

AW wasted at RWB, Alex Scott with a complete off day, never got involved, too many long balls to nowhere. For me Pring our best performer, but 2nd half Naismith intent on ignoring all the chances he had to play the ball down LHS to Pring.

Andy King did OK at CB before having to come off with injury.

We are in deep trouble, and I don't think NP is the man to turn it aorund.

• Like 2
Just now, Fordy62 said:

Can’t argue with that, I would argue that 2 and a half years on one would hope we’d be seeing some slightly improved performances on the pitch now. 

Johnson and Ashtons legacy isn’t strong enough now to be used as an excuse imo, it’s getting to the stage where the blame lies more on Pearsons shoulders than it does on his predecessors

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I almost cried, had a £60 bottle of champers given to me for  Chrimbo, couldn't get the cork out and went to get something to help, as I went I heard a loud pop and half of the liquid exploded all over the table and floor.  And now have had to put up with listening to this rubbish. Not Fair!

Getting the cork out of a bottle of champagne is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman .

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

No way is that defensible on any level today. Weak as piss all over the park and totally unacceptable. Weimann showed he’s no wing back for the first goal but that said the ******* goalkeeper has only got to come and collect an overhit through ball. The midfield three looked like a League 2 midfield and defensively it was shambolic.

Vyner and Wells earned their money today, after that I’m struggling big time. We had 7 or 8 pussies out there today.

• Like 5
Just now, JBFC II said:

Can’t argue with that, I would argue that 2 and a half years on one would hope we’d be seeing some slightly improved performances on the pitch now. 

Johnson and Ashtons legacy isn’t strong enough now to be used as an excuse imo, it’s getting to the stage where the blame lies more on Pearsons shoulders than it does on his predecessors

It isn’t Pearson’s fault we have no money to strengthen

It is his fault that we have players out of position, or benched when we need them to play, or that the quality on the pitch is deteriorating rapidly

• Like 4