IGNORED

WBA at home match thread

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

Maybe, maybe not - but there was one person in charge of transfers, scouting and what agents we’d buy players from, and that person wasn’t Johnson 

Here we go. It’s Johnson’s fault..no it’s Ashton’s fault. Both of the ******* need to stay out of South Bristol. 

However Pearson is not above criticism as are Steve Lansdown, playboy Lansdown and a bunch of yes man board members. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
8 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

In fairness I didn’t think King did that badly, not at fault for the 1st goal a combination of a forward playing at RWB and Vyner being asleep.

The lack of any bite or creativity in midfield worries me now. 

It’s the optics of it - he doubled down on it and it’s the sort of decision, if the result goes wrong, that’ll turn a board/fanbase.

• Like 1

Confidence finally gone (mine, that is).

Not too bothered about the loss today as I expected it, they are a much better team than us with a tactically competent manager.

But its the manner of the losses, the performances, coupled with his strange line ups with players out of position and looking like it most games and the rambling explanations. The substitutions are also a bit weird (but its true that supporters say that at every club). We have regressed and I don't believe there is anything to blame on that front other than the manager. 

I wanted Pearson when LJ got the elbow and I've kept faith up till very recently, but the player selections and chucking others under the bus whilst playing crap is undermining him and just alienating supporters and that leads to calls for him to get gone, which in normal circustances would happen.

I've lost confidence in him.

Yes, the legacy he had to pick up was a poison challice, but we are a long way down the line from that now and I'd expect better performances than we have endured. Can't see him getting the sack (can the club afford that anyway) and I hope he turns it around, but I really can't see it.

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

In fairness I didn’t think King did that badly, not at fault for the 1st goal a combination of a forward playing at RWB and Vyner being asleep.

The lack of any bite or creativity in midfield worries me now. 

Wrong on the first goal. Overhit pass and O’Leary has to come forward and collect it but he went back which is why both Vyner and King looked at him as if to say “what the **** are you doing?”.

• Like 1

Makes you wonder who City will get in as a CEO. Why would anybody any good want to run this shit show orchestrated by a Manager who now seems well past his sell by date. If the the Board, sorry Steve Lansdown, cared he would take action now in getting rid of Pearson. In January start a new CEO and Manager and hope they can revitalise the team and give supporters something to get excited about. Otherwise we are sleep walking in to League 1.

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Confidence finally gone (mine, that is).

Not too bothered about the loss today as I expected it, they are a much better team than us with a tactically competent manager.

But its the manner of the losses, the performances, coupled with his strange line ups with players out of position and looking like it most games and the rambling explanations. The substitutions are also a bit weird (but its true that supporters say that at every club). We have regressed and I don't believe there is anything to blame on that front other than the manager. 

I wanted Pearson when LJ got the elbow and I've kept faith up till very recently, but the player selections and chucking others under the bus whilst playing crap is undermining him and just alienating supporters and that leads to calls for him to get gone, which in normal circustances would happen.

I've lost confidence in him.

Yes, the legacy he had to pick up was a poison challice, but we are a long way down the line from that now and I'd expect better performances than we have endured. Can't see him getting the sack (can the club afford that anyway) and I hope he turns it around, but I really can't see it.

Echo this entirely. Pearson was (in my view) the right choice at the time and I'm sure he's done a lot in the background to sort out the previous mess but the basics havent improved enough on the pitch. Still far too easy to play against and tactically very predictable. He'll need to do a hell of a lot to turn it round from here and I just cant see it happening.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Wrong on the first goal. Overhit pass and O’Leary has to come forward and collect it but he went back which is why both Vyner and King looked at him as if to say “what the **** are you doing?”.

I was gauging it from the TV pictures which showed the Vyner of last season facing goal trying to catch the runner that had come from behind him. Either way a shit goal to concede

Just now, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Fair. That's what I meant by the shit part. But at least we got a few decent performances and there was a bit of positivity around Ashton gate

We got a couple decent performances based upon millions and millions spent, and a player turnover greater than 50 during Johnson’s reign. Basically spunked money away to be average then fell into a poor squad. 

Only Bristol City

• Like 4