IGNORED

Who?

Selred

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Yeah seeing the names of Robins flying about is hilarious. Why would he leave Coventry for us ?

We aren't that good and nor is our squad. I don't see much changing in the long run by sacking Pearson, it's just putting a plaster on a sinking ship

Because they have no ground and are facing a points deduction and possible expulsion from the league

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Yeah seeing the names of Robins flying about is hilarious. Why would he leave Coventry for us ?

We aren't that good and nor is our squad. I don't see much changing in the long run by sacking Pearson, it's just putting a plaster on a sinking ship

Not only that,they would want 1-2 million for him

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If people want him sacked, Lansdown has to go throw money at wilder until he says yes. Otherwise it’s not worth Doing. 

I think fans see us far more attractive as a club than we really are tbh. 

Interesting comment. I think it can be argued either way:

For: We're a mess, especially in terms of finances and upper management. We're a club who generally underachieve, and who some managers may see as a bit of a boring club. I wouldn't be surprised if we're currently considered as a bit of a poisoned chalice by many managers. 

Against: We're probably seen as an established Championship club who (if they get their sh*t together) have a decent amount of resource and potential at this level. Managers may also feel that we're quite patient/forgiving/understanding compared to most clubs (not sure if it's a positive thing that we're seen that way though).

Suppose we would have to hope that managers value the latter argument over the former.

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We’ll get Curtis Fleming if he goes, that’s the truth of it.

Think Fleming is Pearson’s mate & so will leave if he does. No indication he’s ever wanted to go into management.

Euell left Charlton after being overlooked when Garner got the job, he’d definitely want it & based on SL’s track record (Millen, Holden) he’d get first go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

So basically no one has a clue and the alternatives are worse or just as bad? 

Would you expect any different?

Do you mean no-one has any ideas? Which is patently not the case - there are lots of suggestions.

Or no-one knows who’s going to be appointed next? Which is pretty much a statement of the obvious - and no-one would expect otherwise. 

And if anyone anywhere was able to say for certain whether any new manager anywhere was going to be better or worse than the last, well, they’d be making a fortune from the bookies, that’s for sure. 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

The levels of delusion persist, Wilder FFS.

It'll be Euell.

At least we’ve moved on from Dyche..

Said this before but when Holden left we approached 5 or 6 including Silva & Jokanovic.

The only 2 who were interested were Pearson & a bloke who is now managing in the Conference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think Fleming is Pearson’s mate & so will leave if he does. No indication he’s ever wanted to go into management.

Euell left Charlton after being overlooked when Garner got the job, he’d definitely want it & based on SL’s track record (Millen, Holden) he’d get first go.

Decent shout. What we won’t be getting are a lot of the names being bandied about here.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Interesting comment. I think it can be argued either way:

For: We're a mess, especially in terms of finances and upper management. We're a club who generally underachieve, and who some managers may see as a bit of a boring club. I wouldn't be surprised if we're currently considered as a bit of a poisoned chalice by many managers. 

Against: We're probably seen as an established Championship club who (if they get their sh*t together) have a decent amount of resource and potential at this level. Managers may also feel that we're quite patient/forgiving/understanding compared to most clubs (not sure if it's a positive thing that we're seen that way though).

Suppose we would have to hope that managers value the latter argument over the former.

I think if you were out of work you would overlook the cons more, depends how desperate you were I suppose to get back into work.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The levels of delusion persist, Wilder FFS.

It'll be Euell.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Do you think that the powers that be (Lansdowns, Gould etc) have informal discussions and have a collective view on plan Bs, managerial succession etc? 

When it happens at BCFC there’s always an impression that being without a manager comes as a complete surprise and we only start thinking about it when the last one has gone.

At other clubs there’s more often the impression that the club has thought about it and has a few options in mind and very often someone ready to come in.

Maybe that’s unfair, I don’t know. But I’d like to think we’ve been scouting around other options - not just here but abroad too - and have some ideas in. Ind, maybe even lined up.

If there’s a change then I’d have thought that a high priority would be a continuation of the strategy - financial, culture, recruitment etc - that Pearson has introduced. I’ve always thought that’s what SL struggles with most. He either flips from one managerial ethos and style to the polar opposite, or he tries his hardest to ensure a continuation. But in the latter case he has seemed incapable of thinking beyond personnel already with the club - hence the Millen, Holden point you make Graham (and add Tinnnion). I wonder if this time round he might recognise that you could go externally but still find someone who’ll understand and commit to a similar approach? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Do you think that the powers that be (Lansdowns, Gould etc) have informal discussions and have a collective view on plan Bs, managerial succession etc? 

When it happens at BCFC there’s always an impression that being without a manager comes as a complete surprise and we only start thinking about it when the last one has gone.

At other clubs there’s more often the impression that the club has thought about it and has a few options in mind and very often someone ready to come in.

Maybe that’s unfair, I don’t know. But I’d like to think we’ve been scouting around other options - not just here but abroad too - and have some ideas in. Ind, maybe even lined up.

If there’s a change then I’d have thought that a high priority would be a continuation of the strategy - financial, culture, recruitment etc - that Pearson has introduced. I’ve always thought that’s what SL struggles with most. He either flips from one managerial ethos and style to the polar opposite, or he tries his hardest to ensure a continuation. But in the latter case he has seemed incapable of thinking beyond personnel already with the club - hence the Millen, Holden point you make Graham (and add Tinnnion). I wonder if this time round he might recognise that you could go externally but still find someone who’ll understand and commit to a similar approach? 

Really good post, sadly I think the answer is “no” & the shambles that resulted in Holden being appointed after 6 weeks of farting around (to then appoint the previous bloke’s assistant) sort of proves this.

Forgot Tinnion, that was another shocker.

Prior to this Lumsden & Fawthrop though before SL’s time as head honcho but more internal appointment nonsense.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Really good post, sadly I think the answer is “no” & the shambles that resulted in Holden being appointed after 6 weeks of farting around (to then appoint the previous bloke’s assistant) sort of proves this.

Forgot Tinnion, that was another shocker.

Prior to this Lumsden & Fawthrop though before SL’s time as head honcho but more internal appointment nonsense.

RE Fawthrop, didn’t Steve go crying to the Evening Post, as he disagreed with his appointment?  “No other club in the 92 would have made this appointment” or something of that ilk. 

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

RE Fawthrop, didn’t Steve go crying to the Evening Post, as he disagreed with his appointment?  “No other club in the 92 would have made this appointment” or something of that ilk. 

No, that was Scott Davidson, who might also have had something to do with The Post finding out about his financial issues that resulted in his departure..