IGNORED

Who?

Selred

33 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

A noticeable trend in Bristol City managers is that when they come full of either higher league experience and therefore higher pressure they typically fail. I think a lower league manager with not as much pressure, exciting football is the way forward to be honest.

But what about Millen, Tinnion, SOD (not a high end appointment in my eyes), Holden, McInnes, Smith, Lumsden - All crap.

Yet Cooper and Jordan didn't do too bad.

2 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Throwing millions at a manager isnt what SL is gunna do, you Wilder and Gerrard hunters need to grasp that

LJ bought us from the same position we are now to a playoff fighting team.

Did we ever make the play offs? No

So we weren’t a play off fighting team. We were an upper table/mid table average side built on millions and millions. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

You’re missing my point- remove LJ from the 4, and you can’t argue with the other 3. 
my point being all of whom were not the fans choice etc. 

You included him in the 4. If you don’t want people to pick apart your points, don’t include a failure. 

You’re correct about the other 3, but miles off with LJ. You shouldn’t have mentioned him. 

26 minutes ago, maxjak said:

2 years too late to appoint Robins.........unfortunately.

Wasn’t Robins in the frame around the time LJ was appointed?  Or was it when Cotterill was appointed?

19 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Gareth Ainsworth is the best shout I’ve seen. Within our reach, used to working under constraints and getting the best out of players. But is he really more appealing than Pearson? 

I like Ainsworth too.

Him, Duff and Warne…shame they are all in jobs.

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

You included him in the 4. If you don’t want people to pick apart your points, don’t include a failure. 

You’re correct about the other 3, but miles off with LJ. You shouldn’t have mentioned him. 

I specified 3, and said maybe 4. 
IMO he’s the best of the rest in that time (and league positions/win % during tenure confirm that) 

2 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

I specified 3, and said maybe 4. 
IMO he’s the best of the rest in that time (and league positions/win % during tenure confirm that) 

As I said, given the resources available he failed. You’re entitled to your opinion, it’s not one that’s shared by many, but you’re welcome to own it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Then you’d argue incorrectly. Given his resources he was a failure. 

His resources were tantamount to what was being spent in the division at the time. You cant compare LJ spending with Nige - that would be silly. 

We spent some big cash, but that was because we received some big cash. Our accounts prove it. We even made a profit one season. 

If LJ had been appointed in 2021 he'd have not been able to spend millions.

Amazing this context is lost on so many. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

His resources were tantamount to what was being spent in the division at the time. You cant compare LJ spending with Nige - that would be silly. 

We spent some big cash, but that was because we received some big cash. Our accounts prove it. We even made a profit one season. 

If LJ had been appointed in 2021 he'd have not been able to spend millions.

Wasn’t the profitable season enhanced because the Kelly sale was brought forward?

We did get some big money in for players but it was sell one buy 4. The wage bill thus spiralling out of control. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Wasn’t the profitable season enhanced because the Kelly sale was brought forward?

We did get some big money in for players but it was sell one buy 4. The wage bill thus spiralling out of control. 

We were profitable because the management team brought Kelly into the first team and sold him for over £20m inc add ons? Are you actually trying to portray that as a negative? 

The wage bill was what the owner sanctioned, and about 14th in the division whilst LJ was here.

It's now top 10 according to Richard Gould. 

Which manager was/is performing?

Context. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Basil Fawlty said:

Rob Edwards (post Watford) might be a shout….

(If he could rescue us is another matter ?)

He’d have been my choice. But unfortunately he already bagged himself another championship job and his team totally outplayed and beat Norwich today. 

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Given Andy King is a City fan plus has some coaching duties, would he be in the frame?

I'm not saying that's a good or bad idea btw.

I’d say if Pearson leaves he is very likely to be in the frame, alongside Euell.

Euell clearly has the greater current experience, having been assistant manager at Charlton & a first team coach with us, but he’d be a contender.

Just now, GrahamC said:

I’d say if Pearson leaves he is very likely to be in the frame, alongside Euell.

Euell clearly has the greater current experience, having been assistant manager at Charlton & a first team coach with us, but he’d be a contender.

But surely as first team coach Euell is partly responsible for the current problems on the pitch? Not a ringing endorsement is it?

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We were profitable because the management team brought Kelly into the first team and sold him for over £20m inc add ons? Are you actually trying to portray that as a negative? 

profitable for one season in 4 I believe, enhanced by LK transfer being rushed through for accounting purposes. Not a negative, but certainly a degree of ego massaging.

The wage bill was what the owner sanctioned, and about 14th in the division whilst LJ was here.

The owner who has lead the club in this direction on more than 1 occasion  

It's now top 10 according to Richard Gould. 
may well be top 10 now, no doubt in no small part to existing contracts handed out under the previous regime  

Which manager was/is performing?

Neither really. One had oodles of cash and no experience, the current bloke the opposite. All rather depressing.

Context. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Lost today but Ryan Lowe at PNE  is doing a better job than NP. Very limited budget and 9th. 

Says it all. I understand Pearson has had a horrendous financial situation but you other managers are out there doing better in similar circumstances..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Says it all. I understand Pearson has had a horrendous financial situation but you other managers are out there doing better in similar circumstances..

Robins is the amazing one. Good mates with Lansdown too. Cov didn't have a pitch to play on first three weeks of the season. That's adversity. 

Pearson has a much better squad.