IGNORED

Who?

Selred

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

If people want him sacked, Lansdown has to go throw money at wilder until he says yes. Otherwise it’s not worth Doing. 

I think fans see us far more attractive as a club than we really are tbh. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

This.

If Pearson walks or is sacked it will be Jason Euell, because that’s what Lansdown does.

Forget fantasy stuff like Wilder or Dyche.

The only way you get a Wilder is to throw money at him, and that means selling Alex Scott.  Because 1) we can’t afford Wilder and 2) Wilder will want new signings.  We can’t afford 1) and 2) without selling Scott.  Semenyo and Conway won’t fetch enough at this point to make a big enough squad change.

It’s still a big, effing mess.

Others who like Robins, me too, but he isn’t available, and I’m not sure he’d jump ship at this point, even with Cov’s situation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

The only way you get a Wilder is to throw money at him, and that means selling Alex Scott.  Because 1) we can’t afford Wilder and 2) Wilder will want new signings.  We can’t afford 1) and 2) without selling Scott.  Semenyo and Conway won’t fetch enough at this point to make a big enough squad change.

Others who like Robins, me too, but he isn’t available, and I’m not sure he’d jump ship at this point, even with Cov’s situation.

I’d like a manager who isn’t cocky enough to say fans booing him doesn’t bother him as he’s been booed in bigger stadiums than Ashton Gate. We can afford a new manager more than we can afford to go down.  I’ve not been Pearson Out yet but very close now after the last two games and what he has said today 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

I’d like a manager who isn’t cocky enough to say fans booing him doesn’t bother him as he’s been booed in bigger stadiums than Ashton Gate. We can afford a new manager more than we can afford to go down.  I’ve not been Pearson Out yet but very close now after the last two games and what he has said today 

The emotions of a post-March interview???

Ive just listened to the club interview and the bbc twitter (2:19 version).  What’s he said that’s so appalling?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I would look to Ainsworth.

Motivator, no budget, strong defence, players would run through walls for him.

Its where we are at.

Forget Wilder, the guy fell out with Boro owners because he demanded they spend £10m on Gyokeres. 

That and he wanted to speak to Burnley about going there but the owner wouldn't let him. Anyone thinking he wouldn't be eyeing up something bigger if he came here is almost as naive as those who think he'd come in the first place.

• Like 2

A noticeable trend in Bristol City managers is that when they come full of either higher league experience and therefore higher pressure they typically fail. I think a lower league manager with not as much pressure, exciting football is the way forward to be honest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tin said:

What we need is Bielsa; what we’d end up with is Euell.

I admired the job Valerian Ismael did at Barnsley, but not sure about him after his stint at West Brom. 

True, however Ismael wouldn’t have the budget which he had at WBA which may lead to more success, as like at Barnsley. Got the most put of players in his squad, and they thrived 

Just now, OliOTIB said:

A noticeable trend in Bristol City managers is that when they come full of either higher league experience and therefore higher pressure they typically fail. I think a lower league manager with not as much pressure, exciting football is the way forward to be honest

Of the managers who have been a success in the last 30 years there’s only really 3, maybe 4
J Ward, G Johnson, S Cotteril, L Johnson. 
none of those 4 came with the fanfare of a Pearson/SOD/Coppell type appointment. 

4 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Of the managers who have been a success in the last 30 years there’s only really 3, maybe 4
none of those 4 came with the fanfare of a Pearson/SOD/Coppell type appointment. 

Precisely 

Our two most successful managers of recent times have come here on the back of relative lower league success at local clubs, GJ at Yeovil and SC at Cheltenham. 

So give that gobshite scouser from across the river a punt. If it works great, if not it'll give the blue few palpitations 

The last decent manager we had was Steve Cotterill...........and he was shown the door due to his lack of deference.........SL is a generous and successful business man, but,  he   unfortunately has no idea how to appoint the correct type of football manager for our club. It's a shame.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

A noticeable trend in Bristol City managers is that when they come full of either higher league experience and therefore higher pressure they typically fail. I think a lower league manager with not as much pressure, exciting football is the way forward to be honest.

Right, but the ones who DON'T come with higher league experience also typically fail.

You have to be balanced - the vast majority of our managers "fail", as they do at all clubs.

I don't think there's any trend there personally.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 years too late to appoint Robins.........unfortunately.

Edited by maxjak

3 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

So basically no one has a clue and the alternatives are worse or just as bad? 

A valid reply & possibly true - but, honestly.... could anyone really be doing worse than NP is & has been doing here, since the moment he got here, nearly 2 years ago..?!

His record is diabolical and we look no better organised or have a better shape now than when he took over. 

The only reason we ever look any better is because all the players DH had out injured have largely been available to NP and we are still just as bad. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

There’s only 3. Number 4 is superfluous 

Throwing millions at a manager isnt what SL is gunna do, you Wilder and Gerrard hunters need to grasp that

1 minute ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

I’d argue LJ did better vs the other appointments in the same time frame. 

my point was he wasn’t widely wanted/liked as an appointment. 

LJ bought us from the same position we are now to a playoff fighting team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

I’d argue LJ did better vs the other appointments in the same time frame. 

my point was he wasn’t widely wanted/liked as an appointment. 

Then you’d argue incorrectly. Given his resources he was a failure. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2