IGNORED

New manager bounce

GrahamC

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Kolo Toure sacked

Yep, absolutely abysmal appointment.

Certain clubs at the bottom (one of them just over the bridge) appear to have no strategy at all.

Blackpool last week as well, sack Appleton, approach one of Man U’s coaches (Eric Ramsay) young, progressive, passing football type, then he turns them down & they appoint Mick McCarthy! Not exactly “like for like” is it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, absolutely abysmal appointment.

Certain clubs at the bottom (one of them just over the bridge) appear to have no strategy at all.

Blackpool last week as well, sack Appleton, approach one of Man U’s coaches (Eric Ramsay) young, progressive, passing football type, then he turns them down & they appoint Mick McCarthy! Not exactly “like for like” is it?

Yepp. Along similar lines I had a giggle at some of the favourites for the Everton job.

Bielsa, Dyche, Rooney... what a mess

11 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I didnt know he was there either. Last I heard he was doing something with england youth and highly regarded as an up and coming coach. 

Was at Crawley the start of the season having left the Arsenal u18 head coach position before then 

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

I had exactly the same thought seeing Duncan Ferguson on sky earlier, he hasn't a clue what FGR are all about 

Just seen that funny enough l, bit awkward with the Vegan burger, talking about the earth warming up etc. Strange they never asked for Big Dunc's thoughts about the Just Stop Oil protest at Goodison which Dale Vince funded...

Oddly enough I have a feeling he'll do alright there, did well enough on a caretaker basis at Everton and Ancelotti tried taking him to Madrid with him so must have something about him coach wise. Also would anyone want to anger him by not putting the effort in? Imagine trying to sack the bloke as well ?

Not City related but Hull are picking up a bit under Rosenior all told.

Otoh Huddersfield were bottom 3 when taken over and still are. Toure didn't improve Wigan at all, 

McCarthy just one League game in charge so far so too early to say, Hudson didn't improve Cardiff.

None for Critchley so far at QPR bounce wise, Neil with 26 pts from 23 at Stoke isn't exactly stellar. Critchley wasn't sacked.

The two exemplary examples following accounts are of course Carrick and Corberan.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not City related but Hull are picking up a bit under Rosenior all told.

Otoh Huddersfield were bottom 3 when taken over and still are. Toure didn't improve Wigan at all, 

McCarthy just one League game in charge so far so too early to say, Hudson didn't improve Cardiff.

None for Critchley so far at QPR bounce wise, Neil with 26 pts from 23 at Stoke isn't exactly stellar.

Cardiff missed a penalty today. Could have been oh so different. 

Shame. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Cardiff missed a penalty today. Could have been oh so different. 

Shame. 

Cardiff have been awarded 3 this season & missed them all.

For the lowest scorers in the league that’s probably going to cost them, as I think they are now in a dogfight with Wigan, Blackpool, Huddersfield & Rotherham to go down.