IGNORED

Nigel’s Agent

Silvio Dante

41 minutes ago, spudski said:

What I ask myself...is...are the Agents posts consented by NP himself?

Or did the Agent take it upon himself to post the comments without consulting NP first?

Either way...it's an odd one.

If consented...you have to ask why? 

If not...I can imagine NP going bat shit crazy on him.

It’s a bit undermining NP’s force I would think. I can imagine NP saying that he doesn’t need defending publicly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with him on the games vs Sheffield United, Watford and Stoke in particular. Swansea seemed to take some control 2nd half but I think had we got 5 pts from the Sheffield United, Watford and Stoke games nobody really could have argued. Maybe More than 5 but we sure as hell deserved more than one. Perhaps 7 in fact.

I suppose playing youth and giving them their head has enhanced their value.

Some of the FFP stuff I agree with but as I've always said, the whole "oh Covid cost a club, any club millions in the transfer market therefore it should be added to our allowances" seems dubious to me FFP wise.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Nige is like the bar tender on the Titanic:

" sorry Sir, we've just run out of ice but there's plenty more on it's way".

More like a member of the band,  who continued playing  .........despite the ship slowly sinking into the icy depths?  ?

48 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Find out more about what is happening at the club via the manager’s agent than we do from the club itself.

Maybe there would have been no need for this if our own board were not so invisible!

Everything he has said the club has already said. There is no new information here.

Though I still find it odd that he has intervened.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

First time I've ever seen an agent go onto a clubs forum........ and proceed to give him a massive vote of confidence...... 

It was twitter....he didn't come on here!

That said - highly irregular, but whether or not this is authorised by Nige will be indicated by whether or not the tweets remain without being deleted.

11 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Increased Squad value?   If he is talking the monetary aspect?    Sorry, but that is most defeinitely NOT the case.

Scott, Semenyo, Conway have considerably more value than they had before Nigel joined.

Under Ashton and LJ they'd probably be on loan somewhere!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 5

A little bizzare… and likely to have the opposite effect to that intended. 

While currently a  ‘remainer’, Pearson’s slightly off-beat post match interview, combined with this, makes me think something is going on behind the scenes and the owners are slightly ahead of my curve - which is a first.

Maybe a ‘next two matches to turn things around’ ultimatum has been issued.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah probably fair. I’m just a bit gobsmacked that an agent has come out on social media and completed what looks to be a pre-emptive defence. I can’t think it would happen based on just fanbase unrest so feels to be more of getting defence in early in advance of a club potential decision.

In him posting it, it’s made me feel that Nige leaving is all the more likely.

Agreed - hope yours and my feeling proves to be wrong……as I said in my earlier post, this has made me think that sadly, he won’t be around for much longer

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Scott, Semenyo, Conway have considerably more value than they had before Nigel joined.

Certainly Scott and Conway - although I think his hand was forced to play those two. Semenyo, the jury is out .. yet again!!!

I think the problem is the value of the rest, (even taking into account the depressed market) has diminished, and most are zero, if not negative value.

20 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Surely the credit for developing yoof at BCFC belongs elsewhere? The role Brian Tinnion has played has been invaluable. Ultimately, Nige has to agree to play them but their development/value didn't start the day they pulled on a first team shirt.

There are dozens,or more, young players whose value is enormous but have never played a League game- just look at the Prem academies. Look at some of the loans that are made for players who havent started a game for the parent club. As for loaning out our development players- surely this is a critical pathway for them?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

This seems a bit…irregular???

It’s seems unusual that an agent comments openly like this. However City have just employed a new CEO, which I think it’s obviously aimed at. 

If I was the new bloke I would already by and large know what I was walking into, but you don’t know some stuff until you are in amongst it. As such to what extent does the new guy know what the half wits did leading up to this and what else is there that is not public. 

Watch this space. However I would be amazed if Pearson and Goulds replacement have not met and discussed what is going on. 

If Palace are interested in a couple of ours as has been reported I would expect some movement, also Alexander is a football man as opposed to Gould and hopefully has better contacts as a couple of loans are pretty much nailed on! 

34 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Possibly, or is it because Nige has been in reality left with little choice but to play those 3 - the critic in me would probably lean more towards that way of thinking.
I’ve always said however it would have been intriguing to see what Pearson would have done with the war chest that was presented to LJ between 2017 and 2019. 

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

Given what Pearson thinks of agents, I'm surprised he's got one! 

Anyway, perhaps Mr Eldredge could change his twitter handle to @CorporalJones because his tweets read like a man telling everyone not to panic while doing precisely that.

A piece of advice, mate - stop over-reacting to know nothing gobshites on social media. They're a minority, loud but a minority. The silent majority are well aware of the problems your man is wrestling with.

• Like 8
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Given what Pearson thinks of agents, I'm surprised he's got one! 

Anyway, perhaps Mr Eldredge could change his twitter handle to @CorporalJones because his tweets read like a man telling everyone not to panic while doing precisely that.

A piece of advice, mate - stop over-reacting to know nothing gobshites on social media. They're a minority, loud but a minority. The silent majority are well aware of the problems your man is wrestling with.

Do you include Alexander in that silent majority? 

Agents don’t tend to give funk what supporters think. 

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Surely the credit for developing yoof at BCFC belongs elsewhere? The role Brian Tinnion has played has been invaluable. Ultimately, Nige has to agree to play them but their development/value didn't start the day they pulled on a first team shirt.

There are dozens,or more, young players whose value is enormous but have never played a League game- just look at the Prem academies. Look at some of the loans that are made for players who havent started a game for the parent club. As for loaning out our development players- surely this is a critical pathway for them?

Of course but you have to have a manager who is prepared to play them as opposed to shifting them out on loan. It's only by playing them that their value increases. Though he doesn't pick them for the sake of it but because he thinks they are up to it.

As to loans Nigel has made it clear that players will only go out if it genuinely benefits their development. Under the previous regime it was routine regardless of whether it was beneficial.

The worst example for me was Pring who was shipped out again, ignoring Tinnion's view that he was ready for the first team squad.

Conway for instance benefited from training with the first team rather than being loaned out. We now seem to have got the balance right.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Both. Tinnion and the academy have done great work, but you still need that manager to give them a chance, to take thst risk.

Talented or not with a lot of clubs wanting progress and results instantly if not sooner, it is easier to chase midtable with experienced pros, to buy time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I’ve got a feeling this is all going to get very messy, very quickly.

The beginning of the end of Pearson has already started. 

Yes I agree, the tweet feels like damage limitation from the agents end pointing out the constraints Nige has had to work with ( all fair points btw). A heavy defeat tonight would seal the deal I imagine

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It's only by playing them that their value increases.

Although not always. Spence at Middlesbrough got loaned out and they have benefited to the tune of 8 figures for a player who wasn't in their plans!

That's not the kind of luck that I would expect to fall our way though and certainly cannot be taken as a general rule or theme.

He got loaned out to a side, Spence who finished bottom half in 2020-21 and first 7 or 8 games of last season sacked manager and one point.

Then somehow that side beat a number of PL sides in the Cup AND got promoted and he was integral to it. Technically he was not getting any game time at Middlesbrough, £10-15m in the bank for them!

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Pearson will be fuming with that. No chance in hell he’s the sort of guy to ask a representative to tweet support for him

On the contrary I'd say he is. He is, understandably, quite keen to preserve his reputation. 

Unusually he has a website (which is effectively a CV), a LinkedIn and is reasonably active on Twitter for an older manager.

I absolutely believe he'd be happy to go along with something like this. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Possibly, or is it because Nige has been in reality left with little choice but to play those 3 - the critic in me would probably lean more towards that way of thinking.
I’ve always said however it would have been intriguing to see what Pearson would have done with the war chest that was presented to LJ between 2017 and 2019. 

He could have sent Conway on loan and carried on starting Martin. He could have persisted with Palmer but saw that Scott was better. With 3 experienced strikers he wasn't obliged to pick Semenyo either.

• Like 5

Whether he’s pissed off or indifferent, I wouldn’t know, but he has pretty broad shoulders and said on Monday that he’d rather the fans had a pop at him and not the players, so I’d be very surprised if he felt the need for his agent to speak in his defence. He’s more than capable of taking care of himself.

In any event, it’s not a particularly appropriate or well-judged intervention: its main effect, as we can see, has been to prompt people with nothing better to do to engage in yet more wearying and pointless speculation that it signifies more than it actually does. A bit unusual, yes. Interesting, not especially. Largely irrelevant, definitely. It’s a non-story.