IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

9 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I don't think playing a deep pivot (Naismith) central and a dribbling, natural LCB at LCB is being particularly "clever" or illogical. The King stuff was about 50% successful, thankfully we have our first choice three back fit now. 

Playing Weimann at wing back is trying to be clever and lacks any sense of logic, especially when Sykes and Tanner both fit. The fact he started Tanner just 3 days later is testament to this.

Im not sure how you equate King’s performances to a 50% success rate, either way that’s a pretty horrendous rating but unsurprising when considering his Blackpool, Stoke and West Brom performances. 

1 minute ago, Vidal said:

Playing Weimann at wing back is trying to be clever and lacks any sense of logic, especially when Sykes and Tanner both fit. The fact he started Tanner just 3 days later is testament to this.

Im not sure how you equate King’s performances to a 50% success rate, either way that’s a pretty horrendous rating but unsurprising when considering his Blackpool, Stoke and West Brom performances. 

You genuinely believe NP was trying to be clever, rather than trying to improve the team, potentially for the longer term (eg showing Tanner, Atkinson the opportunity/requirement to step up) as well as shorter term? Seems an odd conclusion vs other more obvious options. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I really liked the set up of our back 3 v Millwall. So I’m hoping for the same again today.

The calmness of Vyner and Naismith, with Atkinson in the middle really works, not sure why we haven’t done it sooner?

Our last penalty was against Cov at their place. Could it be?

Atkinson is very good in the middle and will hopefully match up perfectly with Gyokores

Edited by MrRedRobin
14 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Playing Weimann at wing back is trying to be clever and lacks any sense of logic, especially when Sykes and Tanner both fit. 

He wasn’t trying to be clever. He decided that he needed to play 3 in midfield and 2 upfront rather than 2 with 1+2 which we had been playing. Wells and Conway up front with 3 in midfield (Williams, Scott, James) leaves no place for Weimann. If you think it’s worth shoehorning him in to the team for what he can offer then it has to be at wing back.

Against Millwall be decided that he wanted to go back to 2, 1+2.

Seems pretty simple to me.