IGNORED

Swansea City at home in the FA Cup match thread

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Look forward to someone blaming Pearson for that somehow. But **** me what chance have we got when we do this every week. 

I will, it must be his instructions to play out from the back when it's clear for everyone to see (except him) we ain't good enough to do it

• Like 2
Just now, Selred said:

You can argue that Pearson is the one coaching them to pass around at the back like that. 

No, it’s basic decision making. Do you coach the team to lump the ball aimlessly forward just in case a calamitous goal like that is conceded? Of course you don’t. You rely on pro footballers to be able to make decisions that aren’t ******* downright stupidity.

• Like 10
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

Swansea excellent at dealing with high balls and heading back to the keeper. Yet will still persist with lumping it and hoping. Not going to work today. Change of approach needed before a second. 

Equally...why are we playing backward from a freekick.....?

Just now, Wanderingred said:

We are being totally outplayed all over the pitch by a team currently in 15th. They are light years ahead of us, and this is probably our strongest team. I don’t think we have what it takes to stay in this division.

Im afraid I agree. Everything feels off at the moment. Despite two good away points on paper, we still can't win. Together with not getting the right decisions and potentially losing our best talents, it doesn't bode well.

Most of the teams around us have brought more than one player in while we wait for the best deal. We need players in NOW.

• Robin 1
2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

We are being totally outplayed all over the pitch by a team currently in 15th. They are light years ahead of us, and this is probably our strongest team. I don’t think we have what it takes to stay in this division.

Agreed. My mates a Southampton fan and said he is looking forward to our dour 1-1 draws next season. I advised that’s unlikely as we will likely be hosting Stevenage.

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I must admit to being somewhat dubious when out team sheet was released. Lucky it's only a cup game I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No, it’s basic decision making. Do you coach the team to lump the ball aimlessly forward just in case a calamitous goal like that is conceded? Of course you don’t. You rely on pro footballers to be able to make decisions that aren’t ******* downright stupidity.

Our decision making has not improved under Pearson. I don’t want to aimlessly lump it no, but also when needed it has too (and we’d of not of made the mistakes for the goals). Don’t play players who make mistakes like that / or play a more direct style if you haven’t got the personal to play out from the back. 

Just now, Numero Uno said:

No, it was poor decision making. Players aren’t “instructed” to play kamikaze passes from the back.

And if all they did was lump it we’d be hearing all the complaints about NP coaching parks football. Professional footballers are allowed to make decisions, can’t be coached for every possible scenario. 

• Like 3
Just now, Negan said:

Nothing new. Watch this football every week. Those 2 away draws might have looked alright but it’s just prolonged the shit show even longer. Can’t blame Nige for the goal but this awful football is down to him. 2 years of it now ?

I know this will sound like a broken record but he hasn't been left with the best of tools has he. If he didn't have as bad financial restrictions we would have been able to improve the squad. Its that simple.

• Like 1
Just now, The Swan and Cemetery said:

And if all they did was lump it we’d be hearing all the complaints about NP coaching parks football. Professional footballers are allowed to make decisions, can’t be coached for every possible scenario. 

Most football fans are stuck in the 1990s when it comes to tactics. Getting it forward at all costs is now a bygone era. You barely see any teams play that way anymore, even in League 2. Football has evolved from this dinosaur style tactics for the betterment of the game.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Agreed, players on the Downs would know what to do in that situation let alone Max and Atkinson.