IGNORED

Swansea City at home in the FA Cup match thread

Just now, bexhill reds said:

Ok, whatever. Can’t be arsing about with stupid statements

Oh come on. You don’t think he was looking for any old opportunity to sack Cotts? Because he’d already identified his friend to take over. LJ was chosen miles before Cotts was sacked. He was a dead man walking. 

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No, it’s basic decision making. Do you coach the team to lump the ball aimlessly forward just in case a calamitous goal like that is conceded? Of course you don’t. You rely on pro footballers to be able to make decisions that aren’t ******* downright stupidity.

You are 100% correct.

You can have a philosophy as a manager to play out from the back and you can coach that every single day but there will always be times in a game when it is not the right thing to do - the goal was one of those times.

We are talking about professional football players here who must know when the time is right and equally,when it isn’t.

No way can this be layed at the coaching staffs door, it is utter incompetence from players who are paid to play football. 

If I was NP I would be losing with them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Funny isn’t it. If the teams swapped shirts you’d say aside from the goal they’ve gifted us, weve played some pretty stuff but haven’t carried any goal threat at all. 

Agree - had it not been for the blatant error at the back I don't think they would have found an avenue and lack creativity in the final third. Not over yet....but very close if we cannot respond.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Lazy typical fan shite . You can’t blame the manager because players can’t pass the ball 5 yards . Even Alex Scott is giving the ball away constantly . I would love to be in that changing room at half time . Gutless bastards the lot of them 

Whatever it is the tactics,the players you can't say you are happy with style of play we are producing. I wouldn't call it lazy typical fan shite just an opinion. Name-calling clearly shows your intelligence.

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You’re one of the divs that thinks changing the manager will solve everything without putting forward a solution . Until we have a change at the very top we won’t see anything different . I’m sick to *******  death of supporting these players . Stop blaming the manager & point the finger at some of theses useless overpaid ******* wearing our shirt . 

Players like naismith, atkinson, james, tanner, klose, king, sykes? And simpson and bajic too

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

That’s Swansea’s problem, lots of pretty stuff but **** all threat up front. We created their best chance for them

Tbf they are controlling the game. We gifted them a goal and they can see we aren’t much of a threat. They look like they’ll just play it out now and coast. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Dreadful so far from us we’ve hardly had the ball and on the rare occasion we have we pass straight to one of their players. Gifted them a goal + Conway gone off injured. 

We have essentially been given a footballing lesson by a team who create space, options and overloads for fun, retain the ball and make quick/correct decisions, which in essence is the polar opposite to us!

Our inability to make a tackle has also been highlighted and with increasing desperation we have started to lunge in KN picking up a yellow for his foul. The BBC says we’ve had 41% of the ball, however, it doesn’t feel like that to me! We have been chasing shadows for most of the half. We really have looked a very poor side in the opening half. 

Only positives I can offer are it’s only 1-0 and Scott looks like he wants something from this game - which sadly may be a move elsewhere.

Swansea's average possession this season is 64%, so we are not the only team to struggle 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You’re one of the divs that thinks changing the manager will solve everything without putting forward a solution . Until we have a change at the very top we won’t see anything different . I’m sick to *******  death of supporting these players . Stop blaming the manager & point the finger at some of theses useless overpaid ******* wearing our shirt

Is that the players who as a manager, Pearson has picked for the team and should have motivated and coached?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Super said:

Do you think another manager could get better performances from them?

Can any manager make a player that are so called championship lever. So called the 5th biggest league in Europe pass a ******* ball 5 yards. It’s a a lack of quality , technical ability & concentration. If I was Pearson I’d lose my ******* shit in that dressing room now . 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
Just now, Jerseybean said:

We have essentially been given a footballing lesson by a team who create space, options and overloads for fun, retain the ball and make quick/correct decisions, which in essence is the polar opposite to us!

So this is the key question for me. Is that because their players are better than ours;is it because our confidence at home is low, or is it that Swansea are being coached better than our side? Probably a combo of all three but I do feel we lack a cohesive style of play that points toward the coaching as at least a contributing factor. NP says he isn't a coach but he chose the coaches and I am not convinced they are delivering.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

You’re one of the divs that thinks changing the manager will solve everything without putting forward a solution . Until we have a change at the very top we won’t see anything different . I’m sick to *******  death of supporting these players . Stop blaming the manager & point the finger at some of theses useless overpaid ******* wearing our shirt . 

Managers manage........failures fail.  Stop making excuses for a manager who after two years produce's a football team who  are strangers, who seem incapable of passing to each other.  He has done a great job in sorting out some aspects of our problems, but tactically he is an anachronism who needs to step aside  for  someone who can coach and organise a team.   He is  officially now past his sell by date IMO.