IGNORED

After Lineker, who next?

Lack of Action Man

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Pundits is a different ball game. To me Emma Hayes wins that one hands down. Presenting is not the same and Gabby Logan could do that job.

Trouble with Emmar 'ayes is that as a presenter we would have to listen to her voice. And that is an unpleasant thing to do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Alex Scott is the worst presenter I have seen fronting live football, she is only there because she is female and black. Fronting live sport requires a level of clarity and depth of understanding and she lacks it. In my view the perfect example of someone in a position due to her characteristics rather than talent.

Before people moan there are some outstanding female presenters out there, Balding is clearly brilliant as is Emma Patton, Emma Saunders and the Italian sky football reporter. They are far superior to Scott.

Balding is the worst by a distance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Trouble with Emmar 'ayes is that as a presenter we would have to listen to her voice. And that is an unpleasant thing to do.

A very patronising and annoying person.

Talks about football like no one else listening to her has a clue.

I find her very arrogant.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

26 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I'd prefer an actual journalist/presenter  supported by ex players personally, rather than a cast of ex pros.  The Keys and Gray combo on Sky worked the best for me (until the smash it stuff ?).

Agreed with this, much prefer a decent actual presenter backed up by ex pros. 

27 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I'd prefer an actual journalist/presenter  supported by ex players personally, rather than a cast of ex pros.  The Keys and Gray combo on Sky worked the best for me (until the smash it stuff ?).

Gregor ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Pundits is a different ball game. To me Emma Hayes wins that one hands down. Presenting is not the same and Gabby Logan could do that job.

Gabby Logan is an excellent presenter on all sports covered by the BBC and she doesn’t pretend to be anything else. I find several of the female pundits (Emma Haynes excluded) voices irritating. They rarely contribute anything of interest.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Gabby Logan is an excellent presenter on all sports covered by the BBC and she doesn’t pretend to be anything else. I find several of the female pundits (Emma Haynes excluded) voices irritating. They rarely contribute anything of interest.

Have to agree regarding Gabby Logan, i didn’t watch the World Cup so don’t know whether she’s improved or not but when Alex Scott started on soccer am she was pretty wooden 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

There’s just something about his style that really grates with me. But he is a pro.

He's a fine broadcaster though I have an irrational thing about him. Listen to him on 5 Live and he invariably calls Man Utd MANchester United with loud emphasis on the first syllable. Yet he can't seem to get Man City right, usually mangling it as Manchessity.

What's that you say, get a life? ?

3 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Have to agree regarding Gabby Logan, i didn’t watch the World Cup so don’t know whether she’s improved or not but when Alex Scott started on soccer am she was pretty wooden 

She still is very wooden and tries to compare the woman's game with the mens as if they’re of equal quality.

30 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Alex Scott is the worst presenter I have seen fronting live football, she is only there because she is female and black. Fronting live sport requires a level of clarity and depth of understanding and she lacks it. In my view the perfect example of someone in a position due to her characteristics rather than talent.

Before people moan there are some outstanding female presenters out there, Balding is clearly brilliant as is Emma Patton, Emma Saunders and the Italian sky football reporter. They are far superior to Scott.

So you don’t think the 100+ international caps gives her a depth of understanding? 

Regardless, the fact she actually does some research puts her above most pundits. Not a high bar you’d think,but too high for many.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Alex Scott will be up there.

Jesus wept I hope not. Has to be the most average pundit/presenter there is. She unfairly gets a lot of stick, she also gets far too much praise, mostly people over compensating because of the crap she gets. Truth is, she’s boring. Everything she says sounds rehearsed. Far too serious also. Need someone who can have a laugh with the other pundits otherwise you might as well watch sky sports highlights. Laura Woods literally outperforms her in every department, would much rather she get it if it “has” to be a woman because that’s the world we live in now. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

So you don’t think the 100+ international caps gives her a depth of understanding? 

Regardless, the fact she actually does some research puts her above most pundits. Not a high bar you’d think,but too high for many.

100 international caps in women’s football, which is the equivalent of Bristol and Suburban div 4.

• Haha 2