IGNORED

After Lineker, who next?

Lack of Action Man

32 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

A very patronising and annoying person.

Talks about football like no one else listening to her has a clue.

I find her very arrogant.

I think initially she felt she had to prove herself alongside the likes of Keane and Souness but the more she appeared I felt the more she showed that she has the football knowledge to be doing the pundit's job.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think initially she felt she had to prove herself alongside the likes of Keane and Souness but the more she appeared I felt the more she showed that she has the football knowledge to be doing the pundit's job.

Well with repect, she does have to. We are talking about the men's game after all, and in the men's game, those are two pretty big names.

As much as she has achieved in the women's game, how could she possibly compete with those two when you're talking top flight mens football?

I want to hear from people who've been there, done it.

Edited by AppyDAZE

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well with repect, she does have to. We are talking about the men's game after all, and in the men's game, those are two pretty big names.

As much as she has achieved in the women's game, how could she possibly compete with those two when you're talking top flight mens football?

I want to hear from people who've been there, done it.

I understand that but to be fair she would talk most of us under the table when it comes to how a game of football is progressing..........using your logic most of the other male pundits like Redknapp who talks cliches most of the time, despite both him and his old man having been there and done it, shouldn't appear with Souness and Keane!!!

56 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I’d go for Colin Murray but don’t think it will be him. In terms of ex-footballers, I reckon Micah Richards might be in the frame.

Murray - average ?

54 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Richards is fine as a pundit on Sky but I don't see him as Presenter material........certainly not yet anyway.

I love him on the Top 10 stuff with Lineker and Shearer, I just sit there smiling (and reminiscing)…great entertainment.  But I think he’s not presenter material (not yet anyway).

41 minutes ago, Super said:

Balding is the worst by a distance.

Never see her in the sane room as James Corden do you!

20 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Bring back Des Lyman - best ever for me!

Only Des could make a 3am wake-up for Olympics or Football feel like he was in the living room with you.  What a pro.

”Morning, glad you could join us…”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I understand that but to be fair she would talk most of us under the table when it comes to how a game of football is progressing..........using your logic most of the other male pundits like Redknapp who talks cliches most of the time, despite both him and his old man having been there and done it, shouldn't appear with Souness and Keane!!!

Again, to be fair, that is bullshit.

Football is a simple game and most of us could easy "understand" what is going on in a game without any help (male or female)

I was only talking about the men's game, and having people who have played the men's game being the ones I'd rather hear from.

It's all about opinions, and I respect yours, other than the bit where you say pundits talking fans under the table nonsense.

Edited by AppyDAZE

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Gabby Logan is an excellent presenter on all sports covered by the BBC and she doesn’t pretend to be anything else. I find several of the female pundits (Emma Haynes excluded) voices irritating. They rarely contribute anything of interest.

Most pundits tend to tell us what we can see for ourselves or give us platitudes like "he should have done better there Gary" and "he'll be a bit disappointed with that" when somebody misses a sitter. Very few give us any tactical insight, things we wouldn't otherwise see ourselves necessarily.

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Gabby Logan is an excellent presenter on all sports covered by the BBC and she doesn’t pretend to be anything else. I find several of the female pundits (Emma Haynes excluded) voices irritating. They rarely contribute anything of interest.

Logan, very good.  Obviously daughter of Terry, wife of international rugby player, and an international gymnast herself.  Good pedigree.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Again, to be fair, that is bullshit.

Football is a simple game and most of us could easy "understand" what is going on in a game without any help (male or female)

I was only talking about the men's game, and having people who have played the men's game being the ones I'd rather hear from.

It's all about opinions, and I respect yours, other than the bit where you say pundits talking fans under the table nonsense.

If it was that simple I might be able to outwit Pep Guardiola. It looks simple in principle perhaps but in practice it's more complex.

The problem for me is that most pundits state the obvious and don't give us any insight. Just because somebody has played the game it doesn't follow that they are good at explaining it.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

If it was that simple I might be able to outwit Pep Guardiola. It looks simple in principle perhaps but in practice it's more complex.

The problem for me is that most pundits state the obvious and don't give us any insight. Just because somebody has played the game it doesn't follow that they are good at explaining it.

:laugh:  I always think it's odd when you're watching a game on TV and the commentator says

It's hit the bar!

It's on TV,  we CAN SEE THAT ffs

Don’t think it has to be a football person. Just as long as it’s not Jake Humphrey or similar. 

Of the current football presenters, I think Mark Chapman is best to take over right now.

But it’s very likely IMO that Alex Scott will be given an opportunity. I don’t agree with that, but in the same way I wouldn’t want Martin Keown to do it. 

1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

Have to agree regarding Gabby Logan, i didn’t watch the World Cup so don’t know whether she’s improved or not but when Alex Scott started on soccer am she was pretty wooden 

Lineker was wooden when he started. It takes a lot of practice and experience to learn a new skill. A bit like having to think hard about everything you do when you are learning to drive until you can eventually do it without thinking about it.

7 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Don’t think it has to be a football person. Just as long as it’s not Jake Humphrey or similar. 

Of the current football presenters, I think Mark Chapman is best to take over right now.

But it’s very likely IMO that Alex Scott will be given an opportunity. I don’t agree with that, but in the same way I wouldn’t want Martin Keown to do it. 

**** Chapman, Manu init.

Has to be our man Pearce. Only chance of us being on MOTD.

• Robin 1

32 minutes ago, David Brent said:

But how will she manage it all? What with reading the news, doing the weather forecast, Eurovision, Newsnight, Question Time, Panorama, Crufts, Chelsea flower show. Later with Jools Holland...

Are there no ends to this woman's talents?

Edited by AppyDAZE

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If the BBC were to go down the route of a female presenter like they probably will, then I'd look no further than Laura Woods. Absolutely outstanding. 

Infact I think her name should be right up there regardless of how the BBC define their shortlist. 

... and a good presenter too.

• Haha 2