IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

Has there ever been an answer as to why the Atyeo could not have a small section allocated to home fans? Capacity is 4,200 so with 3,000 for away fans that leaves just under 1,000 for home supporters. The barriers at the front might need an upgrade and the concourse split, but it’s not impossible. 

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Has there ever been an answer as to why the Atyeo could not have a small section allocated to home fans? Capacity is 4,200 so with 3,000 for away fans that leaves just under 1,000 for home supporters. The barriers at the front might need an upgrade and the concourse split, but it’s not impossible. 

There was one but then it got moved to the South corner.

However I agree and I'd look to cut to 2k or 2.5k tops for away fans, maybe POTD for Home fans or overspill due to the fact that Cup allocations seem to be higher, 3k?

I've heard one or two things which surprised me but I dunno whether I can post. Atyeo capacity is 4.2k but..because of persistent standing is there some kinda capacity reduction? I know that is a theoretical rule.

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://sgsa.org.uk/licensedstanding/

Some key points for those who are interested:

Screenshot_20230819-093756_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.27a47400ae3d9be33c5279cb40b47510.jpg

Unsure how to link downloads but the full 16 points appear in another one.

Ah yes here we go.

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Licensed-standing-criteria-October-2022.pdf

@OliOTIB

You raised some interesting ideas on the other thread but...seems to me that it could be highly challenging or no swift process at least.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

@OliOTIB

You raised some interesting ideas on the other thread but...seems to me that it could be highly challenging or no swift process at least.

Exactly- would need upmost planning for probs around a year, ready for next season, if there was to be any infrastructure changes tbh

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Exactly- would need upmost planning for probs around a year, ready for next season, if there was to be any infrastructure changes tbh

Securing support of Local authority seems to me to be an interesting point on the checklist.

A kind way of putting it might be that ours seem to be especially risk averse let's say.

Under what circumstances do we think Bristol City Council would support in the first instance (this isn't just to you but anyone with an interest) either a larger 'Singing Section' or indeed one with closer proximity to the away fans.

@Blagdon red has worked on a range of initiatives not least Safe Standing Roadshow, what is your take?

I could he being mistaken and rather unknind about the SAG and Council but don't hold out much hope any time soon.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Dunno whether I should post but did a bit of digging. It's fully in the public domain though so yeah.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/353013/response/890315/attach/html/3/Safety at Sports Grounds Procedure Document v4.pdf.html

Not had a chance to read it in full yet, maybe well out of date and certainly not of the Safe Standing era.

The aforementioned 2014 item too.

https://democracy.bristol.gov.uk/Data/Public Safety & Protection Committee/201407151000/Agenda/0715_7.pdf

14 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Surprised at what looked soo many empty seats in Block A yesterday thought Brum was a bigger attraction, must admit (though not in the know) thought that area would be pretty full this year.

You cannot buy tickets for A block unless it’s nearing a sell out, the club have stopped selling tickets there.

It’s a practice they have done for years, E block William, G block dolman, the east end when it was reopened etc. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
22 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I'd say the very easy answer is unless we needed those extra seats for home fans it's simply not needed 

If someone could explain this, and it could just have been somewhat temporary during the rebuild or it could he the 10 pct reduction in areas of Persistent Standing in non Safe Standing areas.

I didn't highlight it but from the 2014 document. Atyeo capacity 3,980??

Always took it to hold 4.2k.

Even assuming the lower limit and segregation, while limiting away fans to 2k, how would the following be divided up? What would be permitted.

Screenshot_20230820-120018_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.c4113bf1982dee68d68e6d4c7c2e17b2.jpg

Also, the sort of people who are on a SAG. Albeit hard to say if it is in date for 2014.

A Heather Clarke comes up on a few docs but again dunno if she is the relevant individual now.

My suspicion is that this organisation are displeased by the grassroots E34 movement. Pros and cons of course but they won't like it. May suit the club too of course.

Screenshot_20230820-121645_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.73903be65d17e43da0d90be7fe7e032a.jpg

I don't want to come across as a bureaucratic bore but with the greatest of respect, people suggesting we do this, in some cases perhaps don't fully appreciate the hoops we may need to jump through to do even do some of it.

Challenging and push back is certainly an option but the system sounds...difficult to navigate.

• Like 1

@lenred

See below- the two unsuccessful FOIs.

They also seem to have been in breach of certain legal obligations in respect of response timeframe etc. At least in the view of the author for one.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ashton_gate_safety_advisory_grou

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ashton_gate_safety_advisory_grou_2

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@lenred

See below- the two unsuccessful FOIs.

They also seem to have been in breach of certain legal obligations in respect of response timeframe etc. At least in the view of the author for one.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ashton_gate_safety_advisory_grou

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ashton_gate_safety_advisory_grou_2

Jesus.  It’s like Pyongyang City Council, not Bristol.  Well done Geoff and Tom for trying though - completely agree with the sentiments.  The clauses being hidden behind are crazy.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lenred said:

Jesus.  It’s like Pyongyang City Council, not Bristol.  Well done Geoff and Tom for trying though - completely agree with the sentiments.  The clauses being hidden behind are crazy.  

Well done to Geoff and Tom as you say.

Fort Knox meets Pyongyang City Council! They work for us, supposedly.

The 2014 info does show the positions of those who would be present but who knows if it still holds...other Safety Advisory Groups thst do periodically publish some or all may show similar.

This is what a SAG meeting may look like ie one who deign to publish minutes more than once a decade.

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/sites/default/files/section_attachments/cfc-sag-minutes-30-january-2020.pdf

Chelsea albeit early 2020. Probably more if I look further.

Barnsley one also speaks of a combination of yes legislation but also public scrutiny.

Not looked in depth but I'm convinced we are one of the very worst.

West London- look quite transparent all told!

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/business/health-and-safety-work/safety-sports-grounds

Reading the QPR one briefly was quite interesting.

Lee Hoos (QPR CEO) was actually pushing back and querying, indeed reiterated a threat of court action over a theoretical capacity reduction relating to Persistent Standing..will post the relevant bits.

Genuine transparency both from the local Authority and a bit of pushback from the club.

@Blagdon red

You know about Safe Standing era, anything new on the horizon about E34? Upper part especially.

Screenshot_20230823-131140_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.5a8d5f27134a56d87713af8199cc2f4c.jpg

I remember a few years ago the light issue for night games when I browsed an old thread.

@Phileas Fogg @lenred @RedM and others may find it interesting.

I trawled through the 2014 info regarding our Safety Advisory Group and yes it sounds like it maybe condition for Licensing, Safety Certificate or similar.

The law is an ass but how far can we push back. If at all?

A Football match would certainly constitute a Specified Activity.

Paragraphs 22 a) and 26..

28 also that says that CCTV must be designed to the satisfaction of the Chief Constable- perhaps light plays a role here.

The annotation was already there but I take "Normal Lighting" to mean Stand lights that are on on in the stand throughout the game s opposed to the old system where they came on 5 from HT and 5 from the end.

References CCTV as well.

Caveat being that this was from 2014 but we have very little to go on otherwise!

Screenshot_20230824-152707_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.63f543bfc12986b7482df7580772c175.jpgScreenshot_20230824-152731_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.8a348d7350edc48102409c9d87c03fa2.jpg

On 10/01/2023 at 22:30, richyy66 said:

Back in the day, Dolman  A and B block was rocking (Shows how old i am)........Thats was when Ashton Gate was a passionate and Hostile stadium....I am all for it. If it brings more atmosphere than currently displayed then crack on..

I started if of in the enclosure and by the mid 80s moved to A and B block . It was the place to be back in the day , especially when the away fans were in the open end .

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Screenshot_20230828-021520_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bea16671c7f5046db1f21f3f8151c94e.jpg

"Main singers are so far from the away fans..."

"Wayne Nash has always been a power hungry fool".

:whistle:

I take Wayne Nash to be their Head of Security, one wonders about ours and whether they may share similar traits.

Isn’t our head of security ex-west midlands plod?
Says it all really. 

6 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Isn’t our head of security ex-west midlands plod?
Says it all really. 

I think he might be.

If he is, it's highly ironic given the historic questionable relations between our fans and WMP, not least the 2015 unlawful detention. Problems in 2004 which I believe Sexstone/the club assisted complainants with or lodged a complaint .

All the same that thread suggests they maybe even worse off than us.

• Like 1

On 19/08/2023 at 11:17, pongo88 said:

What I fail to understand is why anyone would choose to sit / stand in one corner of the Atyeo, UNLESS it was goad and antagonise away supporters. This, is reason enough to not allow it. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

What I fail to understand is why anyone would choose to sit / stand in one corner of the Atyeo, UNLESS it was goad and antagonise away supporters. This, is reason enough to not allow it. 

Some will, some won't I suppose but your point is a valid one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

I saw a rugby game in there last year and loved it. It’s so outdated compared to the rest of the ground internally it’s like walking into a Bristol City time machine. Great nostalgia trip.

• Like 1