IGNORED

Conway out for unknown period

Unan

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

The ones I know who never recovered fully were higher up.

Those nearer the knee faired better.

But all of them said they never felt as they were before the injury.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/video-injury-update-with-steve-allen/

about 8:15 for the start of Pisano injury

about 9:30 for the skeleton to come out

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/video-injury-update-with-steve-allen/

about 8:15 for the start of Pisano injury

about 9:30 for the skeleton to come out

Thanks for that Dave...I remember watching it at the time. As shown in the interview it's a complicated injury, that even the experts have difficulty agreeing on severity/ cure etc.

Hopefully TC gets the right diagnosis and treatment.

Nothing worse than a niggling injury that you never feel 100% with after recuperation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

And let's not forget the great Chris Garland who seemed to go into a  period of wearing what must have been studless boots (!?) Started falling over a lot more if my memory is correct when he was touted as a £100,000 pound player (a not inconsiderable sum at the time)

PS. We all loved him but let's also not forget Bas Savage on this subject. Not a great player but someone who would have run through brick walls for City.

I think it may have been the early signs of the condition he now has rather than studs in boots.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Thanks for that Dave...I remember watching it at the time. As shown in the interview it's a complicated injury, that even the experts have difficulty agreeing on severity/ cure etc.

Hopefully TC gets the right diagnosis and treatment.

Nothing worse than a niggling injury that you never feel 100% with after recuperation.

Conway strike me as the type of personality that will come back strong ala Weimann, rather than let it determine his future.

I've seen a few who have had bad injuries and quit the game and others like Ribeiro who couldn't get over it.

Conway will come back strong imo.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Conway strike me as the type of personality that will come back strong ala Weimann, rather than let it determine his future.

I've seen a few who have had bad injuries and quit the game and others like Ribeiro who couldn't get over it.

Conway will come back strong imo.

True...you can have a strong mentality.

But however strong, it depends on how well you heal, genetics, training, recuperation etc.

The strongest mentality helps...but if the injury never heals properly it can become an obstacle.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Disagree elsewhere on here, but agree on this. Smashed my shoulder to bits 18 months ago tripping over my own feet . Still not as strong and doesn't always 'engage' like it should despite being 'healed' and discharged from physio etc.

Unfortunately unless we have the very top surgeons or recuperation programme, we, as general public are often on a conveyor belt of make do and mend. 

It's common I feel, that many general public never get back to 100%.

Fortunately for TC he will have the very top looking after him ...but as shown in the Pisano video, even the experts can disagree at top level.

At least we aren't at the Paul Cheesley diagnosis and rehabilitation these days...poor fella. 

• Like 1