IGNORED

Conway out for unknown period

Unan

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's not quite guesswork though.

TV rights are set at £2.5m per Champ club (+ up to £100k per televised home game). The EFL pay £4.5m to Championship which reduces to roughly £1.4  million in L1.

The cost of relegation is therefore in hard cash Day 1 about £5.5 million  which is £10million less than you state.

Then there's the loss of merchandising and ticket sales but this will depend entirely on performance on the field. You quote Sheffield Wednesday as an example and they have averaged more fans at home (24,000) in L1 as a winning than when a losing team in the Championship( 21,000). So BCFC will certainly have a reduced ST income but even then with some shiny new Manager and new team - who knows? It's fact that if we play attractive football AND win then people will be scrabbling for tickets, memberships etc. Whilst I agree that some guesswork is involved, I still want you to explain how " the cost of relegation will be more than £15million" when fixed payments lost will be circa £5.5 million. 

What is more is that players wages will fall and most salaries will reflect our standing as a 'third division' club -AGAIN. This will lead to smaller operating costs.

Best answer is for SL and Nige to get us out of the relegation fight they are both responsible for .Nige on the pitch and SL off it.

Going round in circles here! I’ve given a figure which I’ve said is guesswork and based it on figures from Sheffield Wednesday Trust. You disagree and given your figures, As stated not one of us knows for sure, and only when accounts are published would the true cost be confirmed. Let’s agree on your last statement and both hope we don’t up in league 1 and we’re both basing figures on guesswork rather than actuals in accounts as a league 1 club 

• Like 1

The thing is, wirh SCMP and I don't know so much about this one so @Davefevs hopefully might clarify, owner equity counts as income right? Slashing the wage bill to £12m or whatever it is isn't necessarily so vital.

Isn't there also some exemption for relegated clubs, existing contracts something like that. Long time since I've looked at the League 1 regs.

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The thing is, wirh SCMP and I don't know so much about this one so @Davefevs hopefully might clarify, owner equity counts as income right? Slashing the wage bill to £12m or whatever it is isn't necessarily so vital.

Isn't there also some exemption for relegated clubs, existing contracts something like that. Long time since I've looked at the League 1 regs.

https://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

image.thumb.png.d7c0bf5ea8cd6f7019c73a16aff97125.png

image.thumb.png.8ab74a505ac565f4ea1dd76467c1ac82.png

• Thanks 1

On 11/01/2023 at 13:06, Chivs said:

I hope opportunity doesn't knock too hard as he will fall over.

Unbelievable the amount of times he falls over.  Really comes across as a boy in a man's game.

Care to revise your opinion of Sam Bell

Edited by Malago
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

Did the job tonight scoring a great goal but either way let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet 

Boring! 

Where Bristol City are concerned every opportunity to get ahead of ourselves should be grasped with both hands.

Joking aside.  Sam Bell is the real deal.  

On 11/01/2023 at 16:06, Chivs said:

I hope opportunity doesn't knock too hard as he will fall over.

Unbelievable the amount of times he falls over.  Really comes across as a boy in a man's game.

Any change of opinion after last night's game?

Edit: Just noticed the same question has already been asked.

Edited by Redtucks

12 hours ago, Malago said:

Care to revise your opinion of Sam Bell

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Any change of opinion after last night's game?

Edit: Just noticed the same question has already been asked.

I didn't watch the whole game live but have seen the short highlights.  Bell's goal is top class. I especially like that he didn't panic even though he had plenty of time in the penalty box to start panicking!

He also set up Skyes with a quality through ball.

Having said that, I'll not change my opinion on the basis of two football highlights.  Bell comes across as a boy in a man's game. Do you disagree?

Did you watch the whole game? Did he fall over a lot? 

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I didn't watch the whole game live but have seen the short highlights.  Bell's goal is top class. I especially like that he didn't panic even though he had plenty of time in the penalty box to start panicking!

Having said that, I'll not change my opinion on the basis of two football highlights.  Bell comes across as a boy in a man's game. Do you disagree?

If we looked at how often a player falls over the prime suspects must include Ronaldo and Neymar!

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Yes, I disagree. I've always thought Sam looked a little lightweight for the first team, however last night (having watched the whole game apart from some time spent abusing Swans fans reminding them of the score, which country we are from, what they do in their spare time and that Wales lost to Iran in the WC) he more than held his own, ran hard and massively impacted the game. He also didn't fall over a lot. 

Hope that answers your questions...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

I did watch the whole game, and no he did not fall over a lot. He was direct and strong, and had Williams squared him the ball instead of chipping back to the goalie, would have had a far simpler chance to open his scoring.

One swallow does not a summer make, but Sam looked quality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chivs said:

I didn't watch the whole game so can't say how much he fell over, if at all.

What I would say is that from what I saw, and heard from the commentary, he seemed far from a boy in a man's game.

Two other players who seem to "fall over a lot" but are generally regarded as class players are Jack Grealish and our own Alex Scott!!!

36 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Nigel has given an update: 6->10 weeks out. ?

[source: Bristol Post]

When asked if there was an update on Conway's recovery timeframe following Saturday's 1-1 draw against Blackburn, Pearson said: "Whatever it takes, I don’t know. Six, seven, eight, nine or ten weeks, who knows? However long it takes.

It was that from the start, it’s a hamstring tendon. Hamstring tendons take a long time."

Presumably that means the expectation is 6-10 weeks from when it happened rather than now.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2023 at 19:42, Redtucks said:

Two other players who seem to "fall over a lot" but are generally regarded as class players are Jack Grealish and our own Alex Scott!!!

And let's not forget the great Chris Garland who seemed to go into a  period of wearing what must have been studless boots (!?) Started falling over a lot more if my memory is correct when he was touted as a £100,000 pound player (a not inconsiderable sum at the time)

PS. We all loved him but let's also not forget Bas Savage on this subject. Not a great player but someone who would have run through brick walls for City.

Edited by southvillekiddy

8 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

And let's not forget the great Chris Garland who seemed to go into a  period of wearing what must have been studless boots (!?) Started falling over a lot more if my memory is correct when he was touted as a £100,000 pound player (a not inconsiderable sum at the time)

If my memory is correct, the Dolman cost around £4 to £500,000 so his move to Chelsea went straight to Harry's bank account.

Anyone know different, speak up.

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

When asked if there was an update on Conway's recovery timeframe following Saturday's 1-1 draw against Blackburn, Pearson said: "Whatever it takes, I don’t know. Six, seven, eight, nine or ten weeks, who knows? However long it takes.

It was that from the start, it’s a hamstring tendon. Hamstring tendons take a long time."

Presumably that means the expectation is 6-10 weeks from when it happened rather than now.

Judging from that quote, he doesn’t actually know the prognosis. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Judging from that quote, he doesn’t actually know the prognosis. 

I would imagine he does know the prognosis from the fact that used the term “Hamstring tendon” rather than just “hamstring”.  Suggests to me he’s torn some or all of the hamstring tendon off of the bone, rather than tearing the hamstring muscle itself.

EEF8D8EE-B2F0-426E-83FF-A8F593ADDCA3.jpeg.58b0ff2d232d182ac74d15842c39c7f1.jpeg

One of my mates’ dad was physio for Gloucester City back in the day, and he said the further away from the the middle of the hamstring, the worse it was.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would imagine he does know the prognosis from the fact that used the term “Hamstring tendon” rather than just “hamstring”.  Suggests to me he’s torn some or all of the hamstring tendon off of the bone, rather than tearing the hamstring muscle itself.

One of my mates’ dad was physio for Gloucester City back in the day, and he said the further away from the the middle of the hamstring, the worse it was.

Logically if he doesn't need surgery then does that suggest it's a minor or partial tear? One would assume that a full tear would require surgery in order to reattach? Maybe? I'm no surgeon or doctor though.

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Who was it a few years ago that tore their tendon off the bone & was out for months ? 

Eros Pisano.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Logically if he doesn't need surgery then does that suggest it's a minor or partial tear? One would assume that a full tear would require surgery in order to reattach? Maybe? I'm no surgeon or doctor though.

Yes.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If this is the case, I feel for TC.

Not an easy injury to overcome.

I know several people who have done this through Ski Racing.

None of them ever got back to feeling fully back to normal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spudski said:

If this is the case, I feel for TC.

Not an easy injury to overcome.

I know several people who have done this through Ski Racing.

None of them ever got back to feeling fully back to normal.

As above, sounds like it’s not torn off the bone if no surgery required.