IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers at home match thread

Good point today IMO. Naismith looked culpable for their goal, Vyner made our goal and not a lot in between.

I’d like to see Bell’s ‘goal’ again because that looked very tight from where I was sat virtually right in line with it. He made an impact when he came on.

Nahki could’ve had a pen, but it was one of those that I’ve seen given rather than a stone-waller IMO. Thought he had a quiet game.

Sykes was anonymous and they’d done their homework on Pring to stop his marauding runs down the left. 

And as for Semenyo, I didn’t think he was at his best today. He couldn’t miss for his goal and followed in Vyner’s shot well, but he had two opportunities in each half that he slashed at wildly when a bit of composure to open up his body to have sight of goal on his preferred right foot was needed. Rob Newman was there today, maybe West Ham are about to show their hand. 

If anyone would said we’d take four points off Blackburn last summer, I’d have taken it. Not a lot between the two sides, although Dack was impressive for them. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

A great thing from today was the way the grass had been cut! The stripes lined up with the rugby markings which meant they were almost invisible. (Sorry if this has  already been mentioned as I’ve just skimmed through the thread) 

• Like 2

Satisfactory point overall, although I think their position in the table flatters them. Very average team each time I’ve seen them this season.

Defensively solid and created chances, it’s just a shame we couldn’t convert our chances. 

Sykes’ poorest performance since moving further up the field. He looked tired because he was struggling to get back at times to help Tanner and Vyner.

Semenyo was lively all game, he’ll be a big miss if he leaves this month.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Thought Wells was kept very quiet today, offered very little - not a criticism, just thought Blackburn did a job on him 

Thought Nakhi was his normal busy self - but Blackburn weren’t often cut open so he did a lot of his good work further back.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

A great thing from today was the way the grass had been cut! The stripes lined up with the rugby markings which meant they were almost invisible. (Sorry if this has  already been mentioned as I’ve just skimmed through the thread) 

Perhaps our groundsman could pass on a few tips to the gas groundsman.     Oh hang on ????

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

We look solid enough but if this is what people are entertained by then **** me the bar is low 

Blackburn look extremely poor 

Being good and being entertained don’t necessarily go hand in hand.

Can you not see that sometimes teams cancel each other other…and enjoy a different kind of entertainment of watching a bit of a cagey game, seeing where a team might gain a small advantage that breaks the fact that two teams playing 433(ish), will see lots of passing lanes being blocked, hard for either side to get it forward.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Being good and being entertained don’t necessarily go hand in hand.

Can you not see that sometimes teams cancel each other other…and enjoy a different kind of entertainment of watching a bit of a cagey game, seeing where a team might gain a small advantage that breaks the fact that two teams playing 433(ish), will see lots of passing lanes being blocked, hard for either side to get it forward.

Best of luck with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, petehinton said:

Better team. They’re there for the taking. Both of their centre backs on bookings is huge. 

Thought Wharton (16) was very classy.

4 hours ago, cityexile said:

Not great, not rubbish. Looking the more likely a little, would say they have had the best chance. Hopefully we can nick it in the second half.

For those who watched on RTV / stream, was Tanner hauled over for BBD’s half volley over?  Wasn’t sure whether the ref looked like he was mouthing “I’d have given a f-k if he’d scored”???

Why do people find it so hard to say "well done Lino, great decision"...?

A tight one, especially in real time speed - but he was offside, just - so offside was correct.

Decent, solid performance today.

Happy enough with the draw, because the performance was decent.

2 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Offside just 

I think that's called "offside" then.

It's either on or off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

A massive point ,imo, every one counts at this end of the table and more positives on the pitch than negatives. Not sure why Naismith is quite so marmite as the team is overall better with him than without.

The fact that Semenyo scores is a bonus- however fortuitous it's just another career goal that get's the draw and point..... and we need the money.

The third time in recent weeks we’ve come from behind (today, Swansea cup, Coventry) having only done it once all season (Blackpool) up til then.

• Like 5