IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers at home match thread

Just now, Percy Pig said:

I refer back to the Williams thread re Skuse and Pack. Nobody cares about the dirty stuff that actual midfielders need to do 

Also won the header to put wells through on goal for the second again brum last week 

Just now, redkev said:

Also won the header to put wells through on goal for the second again brum last week 

Naismith I mean 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Semenyo did absolutely no harm to his value today. Expect Bournemouth to be back in with an improved bid now. Thought he was strong and dangerous. 

Scott was excellent too. Not seen a player stand out like that for us since Webster. 

Frankly the thought of Semenyo leaving only fills me with the idea of swelling the clubs coffers. In my mind he is actually quite average. Doubt we would panic trying to replace him either with the likes of Bell coming through the ranks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
32 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Naismith won practically every single header in the middle of the park.

It was more his use of the ball, slowed everything down and never got off his usual cross field balls. Also his dead balls were awful, never beating the first man (as were James's). Thought when they went down to 10 he was the obvious person to take-off for Williams.

• Robin 1
Just now, BigTone said:

Frankly the thought of Semenyo leaving only fills me with the idea of swelling the clubs coffers. In my mind he is actually quite average. Doubt we would panic trying to replace him either with the likes of Bell coming through the ranks.

My gut feel is Bell is going to contribute from hereon in. Definitely a spring in the young un’s step.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
27 minutes ago, BigTone said:

A tad harsh but I can see where you are coming from, when is is bang on it he is unplayable, but being bang on it is a bit of a rarity, I’d prefer to see a front line of pace and movement which Bell, Conway, Wells and Wiemann give

Edited by bexhill reds
Spelling
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

It was more his use of the ball, slowed everything down and never got off his usual cross field balls. Also his dead balls were awful, never beating the first man (as were James's). Thought when they went down to 10 he was the obvious person to take-off for Williams.

Definitely a big missed chance to go win the game 

A massive point ,imo, every one counts at this end of the table and more positives on the pitch than negatives. Not sure why Naismith is quite so marmite as the team is overall better with him than without.

The fact that Semenyo scores is a bonus- however fortuitous it's just another career goal that get's the draw and point..... and we need the money.

• Like 2

First half was lacklustre from City and I thought Blackburn were marginally the better side. I feared the worst when they scored, but City showed resilience to bounce back and overall we deserved to win. It looked a certain penalty to me (happy to stand corrected when I see the highlights) and I was gutted when Bell’s goal was disallowed - it looked like a close call.

Overall a decent enough point. We would have lost that game a couple of months ago. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Dead ball delivery today was shocking. Overall a hard worked point. 

Yeah that’s the only negative to what was an overall decent enough performance. They weren’t great…

However, good character from the boys to come from one down, and we looked like the side to win it at the end.

Atmosphere was decent again second half

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Offside said:

First half was lacklustre from City and I thought Blackburn were marginally the better side. I feared the worst when they scored, but City showed resilience to bounce back and overall we deserved to win. It looked a certain penalty to me (happy to stand corrected when I see the highlights) and I was gutted when Bell’s goal was disallowed - it looked like a close call.

Overall a decent enough point. We would have lost that game a couple of months ago. 

I can remember not long ago we wouldn’t have got out of our half never mind get a point 

• Like 1

Good game..

Happy in the end with the draw,,but could Have nicked it!

Only complaint from a decent team performance was that we were too passive until they scored..

As soon as we showed a bit of bite we were in control.

We'll played Scott,,very mature performance.

Naismith won just about everything in the air & benefiting from not playing at the back.

Well done Semenyo,,100% effort and a good way to say farewell if that's to be- thought bell was a live wire when he came on & gave us another dimension.

Oddly, one way & another the two injuries have strangely done us a favour - funny old game!

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, redkev said:

The class players always stand out by a mile .

in my time cheesley, Cole , caulker , Hartley , Webster ,       Then the next level tinnion , Murray , Loved Agostino 

If only we had a Gerry Gow now, fabulous midfielder but he would probably not fit the soft rules that the game have now.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Thought Tanner was fantastic today in dealing with Brereton Diaz. Rarely got beat and was aggressive and tight to him.

Bell has to start next game over Sykes. Sykes had some nice touches but thought he was poor again and doesn't get at his man enough. 

Bell was a gnat’s eyelash away from scoring 2 in 2. Would have been 2 goals from about 25 minutes of pitch time. I thought Blackburn looked much more panicky after Master Bell came on. 

16 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Thought Tanner was fantastic today in dealing with Brereton Diaz. Rarely got beat and was aggressive and tight to him.

Bell has to start next game over Sykes. Sykes had some nice touches but thought he was poor again and doesn't get at his man enough. 

He’s a young man and is taking advantage of a tired back line when he comes so keep the same for me

25 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Not sure I agree 100% with that but what is exciting are the players coming through the ranks and Bell is just one of those. I look forward to staying safe this season but certainly feel we can push forward next.

• Like 1