IGNORED

WBA at home fourth round of the FA Cup match thread

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

With Semenyo gone & Pring & Weimann unavailable the team pretty much picks itself & it is a good opportunity to give Sam Bell a start without the pressure of points at stake.

Bench will be interesting, we can have 9, but only named 7 against Swansea & I reckon we are struggling to have 6, aa well as the new keeper it will have a couple of very different faces on it I expect, probably Knight-Lebel will be one of them.

Could Olly Thomas (Semenyo v2.0) come in?

that’s not him in the picture above!

image.png.8286c87c4009bb5ebfd600356e5668f2.png

• Like 1

Did I read that Pring is out? Is he injured as I wasn't aware of this, I think that's the biggest blow we could have had as he's been the driving force behind all of our attacks down that side for a while now. So no Semenyo, No Conway, No Weimann, No Pring... That's a lot of out chances created for before kick off against a team who are massively in form, doesn't fill me with confidence today. 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Did I read that Pring is out? Is he injured as I wasn't aware of this, I think that's the biggest blow we could have had as he's been the driving force behind all of our attacks down that side for a while now. So no Semenyo, No Conway, No Weimann, No Pring... That's a lot of out chances created for before kick off against a team who are massively in form, doesn't fill me with confidence today. 

Suspended, not injured apparently.

Just now, petehinton said:

Olly Thomas to get minutes I beg. He is the most exciting attacking prospect coming through IMO. 

I like him although I had Francois ahead of him before injury. I suppose they see Palmer-Houlden as a more Chris Martin style player. Looks like he wants to replace Semenyo's pace from the bench.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Is he really how many times have you watched him? Not doubting you its just I dont watch the youth games or bath etc.

4 minutes ago, !james said:

What's he like? Off the wing or middle?

I know Francois was highly rated before his injury but he seems more of a wide forward. 

A few times for the youngies, and a mate of mine is Bath captain so played with him recently. It’s a boring comparison, but he’s an Antoine type. Pace & power as a wide player, far more that mould than say a Janneh was. 

I’d say it’s no coincidence he’s been brought back after we lost Semenyo as I think Fevs already mentioned

• Like 2