IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

I'm genuinely torn here. I love a good cup run and the chance to play against some top drawer opposition.

However, I am concerned that a cup run could distract us from our most important task of staying in the Championship. 

The last time we had a good cup run it coincided with our (at the time) decent league form fizzling out. Ok, different manager, different players, different times - but it does happen - too often to too many sides for us to ignore it. 

Then there's the risk of cards, bans, injuries - or just simple burn-out, which we could do without. If we were comfortable mid-table I'd say go for it with everything we've got - but we are only just above the drop zone and avoiding relegation must be our primary focus.

I just have nightmares about Bell, Max or Wells picking up long term injuries playing Wrexham on a wet midweek night in Wales, simply because we hope to meet a top 4 Prem side in the following round ?

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add words

15 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

The Emirates FA Cup fifth round proper draw will be made live on the One Show on Monday 30 January 2023.

There will be eight ties drawn out on the show which begins at 7pm GMT.

The fifth round proper will be played midweek during the week commencing Monday 27 February 2023 with winning clubs in this round collecting £225,000 from the competition prize fund.

The draw will also be streamed live on the official Emirates FA Cup Twitter and Facebook social media channels.

Ahead of the draw, you can see what ball number each of the competing clubs will be below...

1 Tottenham Hotspur
2 Southampton
3 Wrexham or Sheffield United
4 Ipswich Town or Burnley
5 Manchester United
6 Luton Town or Grimsby Town
7 Derby County or West Ham United
8 Stoke City
9 Blackburn Rovers or Birmingham City
10 Leicester City
11 Sheffield Wednesday or Fleetwood Town
12 Manchester City
13 Bristol City
14 Brighton & Hove Albion
15 Fulham or Sunderland
16 Leeds United

There's a surprising amount of (what look like) winnable ties in that list, so I'm expecting us to draw Grimsby away and get a solid thrashing.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Presumably The One Show will keep their powder dry and save the draw until near the end of the show?

If MOTD is anything go by we will be last out of the bag!

• Like 1