IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Good job too. That tackle, if you can call it that, by Fabhino on Ferguson was a disgrace. What is the point of VAR if that isn't given as a red card. 

Is it about 'intent'?

That said, it was a shocking tackle.

Edited by Ska Junkie

19 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Why? It's the biggest pain in the ass ground to get to in London. 

Piece of piss, Paddington > Liverpool Street > White Hart Lane, although Paddington > Liverpool Straight is new Elizabeth Line so I’ll let you off

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I remember a 4th round game against them back in '68 or '69.

Won 1-0 in front of 38,000.

I was at that game, what a crush in the East End- wedged in on the terrace from 1pm, couldn't move or get out for a p for 4 hours!  ....a good job I was only 14 and too young to have got beered up beforehand!

Lost 2-0 away to Spurs in the next  round.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So last time we were in an FA Cup QF Kevin Keegan and John Toshack were playing up front for Liverpool, with the latter scoring the winner.

That’s right, at AG, Steve Highway was the best player on the field that day in front of a 37,000 crowd

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

Fifth round. We’d got past Swindon (a division higher at the time) and Chelsea, only to get knocked out by Cambridge.

I went to all 3 games when I was 10!  Great times!  Didn't we play Cambridge home and drew 1-1 then got spanked away 5-0 and Dion Dublin was on fire!

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Beaten at Brighton…….got stuffed there in the league as well….

Great finish in injury time! 

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I went to all 3 games when I was 10!  Great times!  Didn't we play Cambridge home and drew 1-1 then got spanked away 5-0 and Dion Dublin was on fire!

The replay up there was 1-1 again I think and we lost the toss for choice of venue for the 3rd game. We did indeed get spanked 5-0 in that. 

11 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

I'm sure we were in the QF when we lost to Cambridge after 2 reply's was it late 80s 

7 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I think it was 1990 the year we played Chelsea 

We beat Chelsea in the 4th round then eventually list to Cambridge in the 5th round.

it felt like we should have made the quarters as having beat Chelsea we were a league above Cambridge and played them at home.  Opportunity missed big time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

We beat Chelsea in the 4th round then eventually list to Cambridge in the 5th round.

it felt like we should have made the quarters as having beat Chelsea we were a league above Cambridge and played them at home.  Opportunity missed big time.

Oh sorry 5th round.

Remembe5r walking across a muddy field soaked and we got hammered

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Found this on a Spurs site. Can't comment on anything as I wasn't allowed to go to either game as it was school night.

1441137792_Screenshot2023-01-29at11_37_10.thumb.png.855f3828748eeeb1162bd94b93950bb6.png

The 1st leg in Bristol was the first big occasion I saw as a 9 year-old. Midweek under floodlights with cigarette smoke swirling around in the air. I used to stand in the enclosure, right down the front and it was magical. We didn't even get on tv as itv showed highlights of both legs of the other semi because Man Ure were playing 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

Seeing as its midweek then anyone at home,but Spurs away would also be good as it will be another ground ticked off the list!!

As far as says "midweek" would this be any day from Tuesday to Thursday to allow television coverage?

Edited by Midred