IGNORED

Alex Scott

steviestevieneville

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

The lads had plenty of threads about him but wow.

That was one of the finest performances I’ve seen in a city shirt . 
enjoy him these last few months , sad to say he’s off to much bigger & better things 

Just said on the match thead after that performance would not be surprised if a prem team will want to get the deal done quick to secure him

• Like 2

I think he's at his best when he's got a bit of freedom in midfield and having Naismith and James behind him gives him that.

Its hard to believe that he's only 19 and we need to enjoy him over the next few months because he's unlikely to be with us next season.

Its disappointing when we lose players to The Prem but we should be very proud when they've come through our academy.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just said on the match thead after that performance would not be surprised if a prem team will want to get the deal done quick to secure him

Too late hopefully. He seems a very level headed lad & there was a piece by Alex crook last week that said he’s staying until the summer. That was a masterclass today from a 19 year old lad . West Brom couldn’t get near him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shuffle said:

Absolutely superb today & they couldn’t get near him all game.  For me that’s the best I’ve seen him in a City shirt.  Lock him away until Wednesday morning as if you had watched that you’d be mad not to want him.

Dolly’s good at locking players away ?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A complete box to box performance. There is surely absolutely no way he is still with us next season. That was a decent in-form WBA team that'd won 10 of their last 13 games, and he completely ran the show. 

Playing like that it would not surprise me if he does get his dream move to Spurs. 

Just hope spurs come in and loan back to end of season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A complete box to box performance. There is surely absolutely no way he is still with us next season. That was a decent in-form WBA team that'd won 10 of their last 13 games, and he completely ran the show. 

Playing like that it would not surprise me if he does get his dream move to Spurs. 

God I hope not. Spurs seem to have an unenviable ability to ruin young championship stars. 

10 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

He's the most talented player we have had in the modern era.

And Its not even close.

We are blessed to have him. 

We have had players who can pass, those that can tackle and those that can beat two or three players in my 55+ years of watching the City, but I have never seen all those things in one player. He is the complete package and he looked two levels above anybody else on the pitch. And he is only 19 FFS.

What worries me is that when you Google Alex Scott, he is now above the BBC pundit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 3

Just now, David Brent said:

Has to be up there with his best, if not the best, performance for us. 

Agreed - let’s hope there weren’t any scouts there, watching him today ?

I do wonder whether we may need to fend off a big bid before the window closes on Tuesday - hope I am wrong as we need to build our side around him next season and see where it takes us!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

I do wonder whether we may need to fend off a big bid before the window closes on Tuesday - hope I am wrong as we need to build our side around him next season and see where it takes us!

I think it hugely unlikely he will be here next season somehow. 

However, we have set the bar with Antoine, so Alex may not be here but we will be at least £25m better off.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Was it Scott that did that outrageous, but superb back heel down the near touch line towards the end? My MOM by some way.

Yes, and I honestly believe it was because Naismith had done one a few seconds earlier and he took it as a challenge. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I’m worried someone meets our £25M asking price. Time for a rethink 

Just now, Percy Pig said:

I'd take £20m and a bigger percentage of his next sale.

He's a £100m player in the making. 

Let’s wait a bit longer and take the £100m 

• Like 1